main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What I think happened to the planned 9 film structure

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by rpeugh, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I think that GL had long toyed with the idea of making Vader Luke's father, but didnt decide to actually go through with it until during the making of TESB. Once he decided that Vader was his father, I think all the planned events after TESB and before ANH all suddenly changed in George Lucas's mind. That was when he decided he could end the saga at part six instead of part nine. I think this is also the cause of the technical flaws of ROTJ's story. ROTJ is basically episodes 6,7,8, and 9 all crammed into one movie. Imagine if the original trilogy had been crammed into one movie. It would probably be terrible. I think ROTJ just needed more time. If GL had as much time to come up with a fresh story for ROTJ like he did with the prequels, I think ROTJ would have been better. (So far I have been more than satisfied with the prequels). But I think Lucas just wanted to end the trilogy as soon as possible so he could spend more time with his family. Also, the actors were not getting any younger. Not to mention the fact that he was preoccupied with Indiana Jones. Also, I think Lucas underestimated how difficult it would be to complete a trilogy. He also probably overestimated the speed at which film technology would advance. I'm glad he cut it down to 6 movies. If you know what was the original plan for episodes 1-9 before 1980, I think you will see that the six film structure is better. The proposed story lines for 7-9 seemed pretty lame to me.

episode 1- Formation of JEDI knights
    episode 2- Introduction of Obiwan
    episode 3- Introduction of Darth Vader
    episode 4- Many different drafts
    episode 5 -Pretty much the same as movie
    episode 6- Luke confronts DV, Leia becomes queen of her people , Han dies, Luke and Leia part seperate ways.
    episode 7- This trilogy would concentrate on Luke's life as a Jedi Knight
    episode 8- Luke discovers his sister
    episode 9- Luke confronts emeperor.

JMT Edit - Please use The Official 7,8 And 9 Thread!!!!!. Thanks!

2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.