main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What I Would Like To See In The Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by BSlykeSWFan, Nov 7, 2012.

1. BSlykeSWFan

BSlykeSWFan Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2012
    First off I'm real excited for the Sequel Trilogy! And would also add I'm not a devout hater of the Prequel Trilogy, I happened to enjoy those movies! Anyway here we go!

Director

Steven Spielberg - I would really like someone like Spielberg to direct this trilogy. If not all three, at least the third one. It would be a good transition from Lucas, considering Spielberg has had constant influence on the Star Wars films. I feel like Spielberg could really take the ST in a good direction, atleast start it in a good direction.

Ridley Scott - This is my number one pick for the ST. I feel like Ridley Scott could do wonders with Star Wars. He already has experience in Sci-Fi Films (Blade Runner, Alien, Prometheus). So he is experienced and qaulified in that category. I feel like Ridley Scott could bring great visuals to Star Wars, and ultimately be a great director. Please LucasFilms, select Ridley Scott!!!! Please!!!!

Writers

Alex Kurtzman/Roberto Orci - These two men have experience with Sci-Fi (Fringe, Star Trek, Transformers, ect...) They are good talented writers, who I think could really write some great stuff for Star Wars. The only issue I have with them is within the last few years they have been doing alot, and getting involved in alot. Wouldn't want them to be distracted from Star Wars!

The Cohen Brothers - They are very credible writers with good accolades. I enjoy their stuff, and although Star Wars maybe a different genre for them. I believe these brothers could pull it off.

Actors

I dont want to see alot of big named actors in the ST. And as a tradition their has not been many major stars in Star Wars films. And although times have changed, and Lucas will be only a "creative consultant". I think the ST should be no different, and only cast a few major stars, and this is who I would like to see.

Joseph Gordon Levitt - JGL is a great actor and has come a long way since Angels In The Outfield (Yes he was in that haha). JGL is one of my favorite actors and I think given the right role he could fit in pretty well in Star Wars.

James McAvoy - He is a pretty well rounded actor, from Narnia to X-Men, from Arthur Christmas to Wanted. The guy is a talented actor and I think would easily fit into Star Wars.

Jeremy Irons - There is always a famous British/English actor in Star Wars. Who better then Jeremy Irons for the ST. Irons already has experience as playing a wise old mentor (Brom in Eragon *Possibly one of the worsts movies of this decade, but he is still a good actor). I think that's the role he would play in Star Wars.

Leonardo Decaprio - Leo was in the running to play Anakin Skywalker. So why not bring him back as a new character in the ST. I think the name speaks for itself as far as credibility.

AND OF COURSE THE ORIGINAL CAST!!!! YAYYYYYY!!!! LOL :)

I'm so excited for Star Wars!

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Joseph Gordon Levitt

3. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    wow, you're important enough to need your own thread. You must be a big deal.

WIERD_GREEN_MAN likes this.
  4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    IBTL?

LawJedi likes this.
  5. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Keep friggin' Orci/Lendelof away from this movie. It's high time to bring in a real screenwriter (with all due respect to Larry Kasdan) on SW and these hacks Do Not Qualify. I hate them both deeply; well, their crummy writing at any rate. The sooner their 15 minutes are up the safer the genre will be in cinema.

I can accept the PT scripts because they're GL's personal voice, there's a charm. But this film needs rock, solid clearly defined characters, airtight plotting, and pristine dialogue. Not what those two clowns are known for.