main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What I'd like to see after the NJO(DJ spoiler)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ReaperFett, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I'd like some stand-alone novels based around a master and his apprentice. Take the one that crops up in DJ. It would have Jaina and Kyp as the central characters, getting involved in something. Not only would we get a fair amount of variety, it would also mean that we would get many more characters developed. Intresting yet more or less unused characters such as Ganner would be able to get some page time, without going away from some main story.

It wont happen, we're destined for Skywalker/Solo books until we die, but hey, I can dream :)

2. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I am not so sure about that, RF, since I, Jedi and X-wing's popularity seem to indicate otherwise.

3. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    The NJO is exactly what I want to see after the Yuuzhn Vong war ends. Adventure of the New Jedi Order, preferably bringing the galaxy back together, helping patch things up, etc.

More stories forcusing on Jedi other than the "main" ones.

Maybe a new Lando Book or something. As of now there are a lot of possibilities.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    The end of the NJO, is not the end of the Vong, even in the gFFA. Itst the beggining of the greatest battle ever.

5. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    i believe there are some good Vong out there so i don't want to see them all killed. that's just wrong and contridicting. if what is left of NR kills all the YV they'd be just bringing themselves down to the Vong level, well the level in which they believe that the beings of the EU universe should die because they don't believe in the *gods*.

6. Xenomaniac

Xenomaniac Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 8, 2000
    if the Vong aren't done by the "end" of the NJO, then why is it called the end? Wouldnt the end be when the Vong are finally defeated and gone?

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Its the end of "The New Jedi Order", when either 2 things happen i belive.

1.The Jedi die and its up to the galaxy
    2.More Realistic-The jedi get the understanding of the force back, and just begin to relly fight the vong.

8. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I don't know. I think that a lot of them are really beginning to understand the force a lot better.

The Vong won't be completely whiped out. Someone wrote a really good ending to it a while back about Jacen leading the Vong out of the GFFA. That sounds pretty realistic, but unlikely to happen.

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I think at the end of the NJO that the Vong will be soundly defeated through whatever means, but they wont be entirely gone from the EU. As someone said in a previous post, ofr the NR to do this would contradict everything they stand for. I think the Vong may still be around, but in a much smaller role, a la the Imperials in the XWing or other similar books. Hopefully they will go in the direction that RF proposed, I think it is the best way to go for the EU, we will continue to have great stories with great characters while allowing new ones to emerge as well.

That's if there are books after the NJO, of course. One would assume that there will be, but who really knows ? Thoughts, anyone ... ?

10. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    If it has Jaina in it then it is still about the Skywalker/Solo family.

11. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    no, you miss my point. Most of the novels focus on ALL of them. One is different, especially when that is only one of the books.

12. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Im going to be laghing so hard when Im right about all the NJO stuff years from now...

13. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    dream on Chissdude :)

14. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Don't worry, I will

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.