main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin didn't kill the Jedi Younglings?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Elle-Wan, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elle-Wan

Elle-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 2004
    This just occurred to me as a possibility, although it's probably unlikely.

The scene cuts as soon as Anakin lights his saber, and it's just assumed that he killed all the children. But there's no proof of that. The Jedi Temple was captured and burned. Obi-Wan and Yoda watch video of Anakin fighting/killing adult Jedi, but the only evidence of the children being dead is that Padme and Obi-Wan say something about it. Nobody ever does a thorough investigation.

Sidious and Vader would have plenty of good use for ~20 tiny Force-Sensitive children. As soon as Anakin lit his saber the scene cut, but what if his next words to them are :

"Younglings, the Jedi have betrayed the Republic and us, come with me and I will keep you safe."

...all the other Jedi anywhere near here are dead. To them he is "Master Skywalker" and he is there to protect them from some chaotic war that's just erupted.

Are these Jedi Younglings the Inquisitors?

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    They're dead. Vader killed'm all so he could fortify his self-hatred, and thus increase his power in the Dark Side in order to save Padme. Palpatine's order in ROTS supersedes other canon, IMO. He told Vader to kill all the jedi in the temple, no exceptions. Any jedi who was there died. I believe this would have included the Grand Inquisitor. If the GI was in the temple at the time, he would've been dead as well.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You probably should have posted this in the inquisitor thread.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They literally show bodies of dead children in the movie.

^ Out of context quote of the day. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.