main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If: Anakin DIDN'T Win the Pod Race...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Skywalker Ranch Security, Jul 5, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Predator

Darth Predator Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 1999
  2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Sweet...

3. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    I definitely want more, AMIDALA 22.
    Never thought about it this way: Palpatine would want Amidala to instigate the vote of no confidence on Valorum. The more I think of this, the more fascinating I find, yes, Palpatine. No matter what, he wins. If he looked nicer, I might have even found him attrac...
    Now I have a great idea for a new thread: "The Vengeance of Valorum." (Ha!)

4. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    you mean it!?!? hey i'll continue if no one minds !!!of course i'll have to do a post for my thread before the kill me but tommorrow okay?

5. Sith Vegeta

Sith Vegeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 1999
    Can anyone tell me why this was not finished? Or did it get moved to a new thread somewhere under a different name? I was really hoping for a good ending.

6. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Oh, nobody wants to work on it.

7. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    people want to work on i'm sure, but right now there is little time!!!! i've brainstormed but any suggestions would help me write faster!
    peace all

Amidala22
    Queen of Jedi Knights

8. JediLady

JediLady Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 1999
    At long last I have returned to this thread! Sorry for being away such a long time. Now perhaps we can get some momentum up again!

The story continues....

Now that Amidala was in the hands of the Naboo Senator, the two Jedi counted their mission complete. The report Master Jinn delivered to the Senator was typically brief and comprehensive, although the Queen noted he omitted all mention of the strange creature that had attacked the party. Puzzled, by now she appreciated that the Jedi did not take decisions lightly and resolved not to discuss the matter herself until she had had chance to question Master Jinn privately. Senator Palpatine's lips tightened when Qui-Gon described the visit to Tatooine and at the end stated that he would be formally questioning the Jedi Master's actions. Obi-Wan stiffened slightly from indignation, but his Master simply nodded and announced that he would be reporting to both the Supreme Chancellor and the Jedi Council. The two Jedi nodded to the Senator and then bowed smoothly and formally took their leave of the Queen. Amidala thanked them once more and expressed a heartfelt wish to see them again. As she finished her little speech, she caught the eye of Obi-Wan who flashed a smile back at her. She blinked, feeling a blush rising but the two Jedi were already backing out of the door, all serenity once more. Palpatine didn't miss the brief exchange, although he did not betray anything as he led Amidala to her new quarters to be turned back into the Naboo Queen.

Outside the Senator's quarters the remainder of the party were once again united. Qui-Gon rested his hand on Anakin's shoulder as he steered the boy through corridors and walkways to a landing pad to pick up an airtaxi. It was an unusually paternal gesture, and while Shmi smiled at her son and the Jedi, Obi-wan berated himself for the feeling of disquiet he felt whenever he saw the boy. He had grown accustomed to wearing his shields up of late, and now he was hiding his emotional turmoil from his training bond as effectively as he hid it from his expression. He was ashamed to be feeling what he suspected was jealousy about the boy /Surely Qui-Gon hasn't forgotten me?/. Artoo and Jar Jar tagged along behind, the little droid having appointed himself the Gungan's keeper - a position which suited all, Artoo got to be useful, Jar Jar was kept out of trouble and everyone else breathed a sigh of relief.

Having appropriated an airtaxi, a task rendered much easier by the Coruscant queue ceding first place in the queue to a party containing two Jedi, the group sped towards their next meeting, deep in the Diplomatic Quadrant. As the airtaxi slipped through the traffic lanes on a priority override, Qui-Gon played host pointing out the sights of the capital. Anakin and Jar Jar plastered themselves against the windows while Shmi peered over their shoulders. Obi-Wan hunched into his seat, wrapping himself deeper in his cloak. Qui-Gon glanced at his apprentice and sent an inquisitive probe /Padawan??/ along their bond, but was rebuffed. Obi-Wan looked steadily back at his Master, who narrowed his eyes slightly; he was going to have to speak to his Padawan about this, but it was hardly the time or place. He wished he knew why Obi-Wan had retreated so much. At first Qui-Gon had suspected the young man of simply trying to cover up his feelings about the fighting and his pain, but now he was beginning to be concerned.

As Qui-Gon Jinn delivered his report, Chancellor Valorum turned his attention to the rest of the party. It was obvious that this had been far from the simple matter he had assumed when he had sent the Jedi on this mission. Finis Valorum had known Master Jinn for many years, he had specifically requested that the Jedi Master be sent to Naboo. Qui-Gon had a genuine gift for being intimidatory by his mere presence, the man just loomed naturally, while being a skilled and delicate negotiator. The Chancellor had believed that the Trade Federation would take one look at his stern features and cave in to his authority as Ambassador an

9. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    Woo-Hoo!!!! This story's back!! Yippee!!

Great job with that new post! This was and still is one of my favorite stories and I'm glad to see it being continued! Keep up the great work, especially the Obi-Wan angst...you can never have enough angst!

10. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    JediLady that was awesome I was stuck on that!!!! hey could you please e-mail me before you go into the elections? I don't think I told you this cool idea I have for the results !!!!! Have to be quick cause to much planning and evil homework to do!!! Happy New Year all!

11. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    NIIIICE post! That was certainly one of the best Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan scenes I've read in quite a while! And I second the motion by SWK for angst!

12. JediLady

Jan 9, 1999
    Amidala22

There's no email addy on your profile - I recently sent a mail to the email address I had, but you obviously haven't seen it! Mail me at jedilady@bibliophage.demon.co.uk

13. Darth Jigglypuff

Darth Jigglypuff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2000
    one question is the story over now coz I'm really enjoying it ??

14. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    To the top....

15. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    I have noooooo idea.

JediLady is obviously going somewhere with the reborn issues between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. I have no idea what they may be, but they'll obviously be good!

That, and I honestly have to idea where to take this story. My goal was the fight and the getaway. But it would be a shame to see this thread die.

16. JediLady

Jan 9, 1999
    I'd like to take this further; however I seem to have completely lost contact with Amidala22, who has also invested time in the story. Unless I hear from her soon, I shall carry on myself.

I must admit to a sneaky liking for messing around with my main characters' heads, so expect more of the same! Any suggestions for plot bunnies/ideas/scenes that people would like are welcome, but contact me first. I'm usually willing to incorporate other ideas, unless I have strong continuity objections.

17. Darth Dismembered

Darth Dismembered Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 1999
    Great story so far. I just finished reading all 7 pages. Please, continue.

Darth D

18. Amidala22

Jun 20, 1999
    it's been along time since i check my e-mail.
    it's Star_Moon22@hotmail.com
    and please e-mail about what's going on. Please continue since it seems you have something rolling between qui-gon and obi-wasn, but please let me explain about the elections. I have something special planned. !!!

19. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    Up, up, AWAY!!!
    More story, everyone. Oh, by the way, anyone want some chicken soup? (Displays large pot of it)

20. The Butler

Oct 18, 1999
    Up, up, AWAY!!!
    More story, everyone. Oh, by the way, anyone want some chicken soup? (Displays large pot of it)

21. Darth Jigglypuff

Darth Jigglypuff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2000
    Is anyone gonna finish this off soon ???
    anyway back to the top

22. JediLady

Jan 9, 1999
    And now for the next instalment in our ongoing saga....

The Jedi Council Chamber stood atop the tallest spire of the Jedi Temple. It offered a spectacular view of Coruscant that was widely regarded as one of the finest in the galaxy. Visiting dignitaries spoke of it as one of the highlights of their trip, if they were lucky enough to be one of the few allowed access. Even among the Jedi only the privileged were allowed to enter. The Council conducted its business in absolute secrecy, save when receiving a report from one of its agents.

Today was one such day. Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn stood at the centre of the mosaic that served as a speaker's platform as he reported on his latest mission to the assembled Council. This was unusual in itself. Normal procedure would have been to submit a written report to the Council's officers - bureaucracy permeated even the spiritual halls of the Jedi. For a Master, even one as renowned as Qui-Gon Jinn to be summoned before the Council directly upon his return was remarkable. For a Padawan to be included was even more unusual. Speculation rippled through the Temple, especially about the visitors that had accompanied the Jedi on their return and who were now resting in guest quarters.

It was not the first time that this particular Padawan had been summoned before the Council. Obi-Wan Kenobi had been in the chamber on a number of occasions. He always felt nervous and guilty when called here - a legacy of his first visit when he had been summoned to be told that he would be sent to join the AgriCorps, a move which, without the intervention of Master Yoda, would have see him dismissed from the Order. Even though a decade of exemplary apprenticeship had passed, he still felt like that gawky child whenever he came before the Council. Standing a little behind his Master's shoulder, as was proper, he watched the traffic through the tall windows only half-aware of the proceedings. Normally he would have listened carefully, with more than just his ears as the Council communed through the Force as well as the spoken word. To non-Jedi, the Council could seem a silent and forbidding group, but to those able to sense it, the room was full of life and expression. Today however, he used the image of the horizon to clear his mind and present the picture of the perfect Padawan to the Council. Obi-Wan had no desire to let any of the Masters see what he was thinking.

His attention was snapped back into focus by the surge of emotion that accompanied the conclusion of Qui-Gon's report, with the words "...and the only conclusion that I can draw is that it was a Sith Lord". Little was actually spoken aloud, but the air was almost electric with the undercurrents of disbelief, anxiety, dismissal, curiosity and almost anger. Qui-Gon stood serenely at the centre of it all, apparently unaware of what was going on around him although Obi-Wan knew that the Master cold not fail to be aware of the furore. Master Yoda peered through half-closed eyes at the pair of Jedi before him, saying nothing for the moment letting the more hasty members of the Council speak out.

As Qui-Gon had expected, his conclusion was instantly dismissed by most of the Council. Ki-Adi Mundi shook his domed head. "The Sith have been extinct for a thousand years.". Other council members murmured agreement. Deepa Billaba fixed Qui-Gon with her cool gaze "The Sith were defeated in ages past. Surely you cannot expect us to believe that they have returned now.". Master Windu nodded his agreement, as the Council broke out in a surge of agreement and emotion. Finally, Yoda rapped his stick hard on the floor. "Hard to see the Dark Side is!" he exclaimed, staring around at the group. The room silenced almost immediately. Yoda's expression was serious. While the ancient Jedi Master had not fought the Sith, he had been trained by one who had. Of all living Jedi, Yoda had most understanding of the Dark Side and its followers. "Never sure that all were destroyed were we. Fought among themselves, did the Sith. Not all were accounted for.". His ears turn

23. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    Soon, I hope?

24. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    WOO-HOO!! There's more!!

Thank you soooo much for continuing this! This story's been my favorite since it began, and I'm very glad it's being continued...especially with more Obi-angst! YIPPEE!!!

25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Yay!!! I'm so glad that someone finally decided to continue this story!!

Keep it up, JediLady! Hope you update soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.