main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin didn't win the podrace... the saga continues...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediLady, Mar 8, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiaosolo

Leiaosolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 1999
    This isn't spoiler, just speculation: I've posted before about thinking that the Gungans have cloning technology that Palpy will discover and take over. He will use it to start his stormtrooper army and that will be the beginning of the clone wars. But, I don't think anyone will realize it is Palpy doing it, because he is sooo secretive. I just wonder if Lucas will have Palpy use Mt. Tantis on Wayland as his cloning facility?

2. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    UP!

Perhaps we still have interest in this one?

3. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    *gasp*

Well, I must say that Obi-Wan handled that with MUCH more aplomb than I could have mustered!!

Talk about being cheated!! And for some of you who do not think so, allow me to explain.

Child of twelve, wanting sooooo much to be a Jedi, almost doesn't make it and has to fight against both Xanatos AND Qui-Gon to become his apprentice. It was his dream.

Ten years spent with Qui-Gon, fighting by his side, becoming intensely close, and now here it is, just shy of his trials for Knighthood, and what happens? Qui-Gon wants to take Anakin as his apprentice. He says that Obi-Wan is ready.

If I were Obi-Wan, I'd feel exTREMELY cheated! I mean, what does that say about the whole ten years they spent together? What does that say about how hard Obi-Wan fought to make Qui-Gon his Master? You know the one question I bet he can run from is this: what would have happened if they had found Anakin earlier? Would Qui-Gon have thrown him aside even at the age of thirteen for this boy? What does that say about their relationship? Obviously not as deep and trusting as Obi-Wan thought it was. He didn't go through his trials, he didn't get to spend the weeks preparing for it, hearing his Master's support. He didn't get to go through them with the hunger to see his Master proud of him when he passed.

Nope, it was just given to him. A simple formality so that Qui-Gon can train Anakin. Geez, Obi-Wan's probably doubting his abilities now, too!

This was the same issue I had with the movie, so I'm just reiterating things. Lordy, I'd hate to be Obi-Wan at this point. Force, suicide would look to be the better option, because I couldn't live with feeling like a failure (especially feeling it to that degree, like he probably is now).

But I love what you've done!! Don't get me wrong. LOTS of opportunity for juicy angst here!

4. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
  5. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    The original part of this story can be found at: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=191484

Just bringing this up along with Part 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.