What if Anakin met Natalie Portman-(Updated-10/24'Handmaiden Anakin Skywalker' )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sabrelight, Jan 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Zane Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Knight_Maria Jedi Knight

star 3
    post, pllllleeeeeaaaaaassssse???
  3. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Please forgive me for this rotten post. I'm sleepy and my brain has gone on vacation.
    *****************************************Anakin stood aside to examine the hyperdrive, which had been removed from its holding bay under the floor of the cargo hold. The damage was quite extensive and would need some time to repair it. ?Time is what they did not have now,? he thought to himself.

Already they had lost enough time, repairing the power cells and the radiator panels. A small fault in the cooling system had caused a chain reaction of disasters. It was his fault. Hopping through several galaxies in his frenzied quest to find Amidala, he had ignored the ships periodic maintenance checks. It would nevertheless delay his search even more.

Then there was the question of dropping the girl back. It had been really stupid of him to just haul her aboard without first verifying her identity. How had he missed the obvious physical differences, subtle though they were but the difference was there -The birthmark on her face for one, another was her youth-How old was she any way? He hadn?t asked her but she was definitely younger than Amidala and above all her wrathful demeanor-?violent demeanor would be more like it, he corrected himself. Fatigue and despair at the time had, blinded him to the, now quite stark differences between the two.

The time window was not a permanent fixture, appearing and disappearing of its own will. Knowledge on this phenomenon was still scares. Mostly theories and the experiences of pilot?s, that?d managed to get through and back safely. The size of the window decided in all probability how long it would remain open. Well he didn?t have any idea of the size of the window he had in mind and he didn?t know how long it had been there when he went through it Chances of missing the time window altogether were considerably high. Anakin decided to find the girl.

He found Natalie in the control room. She was sitting in the passenger seat her feet tucked under her. Her hands clasped tight before her, eyes shut tight. Anakin stared at her in amazement. Was she meditating he thought to him self. Trying hard to read her.

One thing that had surprised him no end from the very start was that he could not read her mind or her thoughts. She was a closed book. Force control also did not seem to work on her most of the times. So he had put her to sleep before he carried her to his ship, but it was possible she had just fainted due to fright when he had raised his hand.

Why had he sensed Amidala?s force signature? He would never know. Not until the temple healers had a chance to examine and question her closely.

Anakin sat down silently besides her, She opened her eyes, which were surprisingly soft and gentle, the fire gone out of them. Sighing heavily Anakin plopped back on the seat, closing his eyes for a moment. ?How should he break this to her. In spite of his best efforts she had a good chance of not reaching her world.?

?Anakin! Is every thing all right? We?re not stranded in space or something. Can we get help or are we going to die out here?? She bombarded him a concerned voice. Anakin noticed that even though she was afraid she was calm and had resigned somewhat to the possible fate that should befall her. He felt sorry for her. After all it was his fault she was stuck here, millions of miles away from her home and family.

?Things are not so bad he said putting his arm affectionately around her. We?ve repaired her enough to get us back to civilization for further repairs. But??
    ?But! She repeated a hint of alarm showing in her voice.
    ?I?m afraid your trip home could be delayed?some,? He said, voicing the some very softly. ?Delayed? How long? I wouldn?t mind hanging around few days more as long as I get home before the week is out.?

Anakin shook his head sadly, lips held tight, he looked at her again.
    ?It can take a lot longer than that,? he said.
    ? How long?? she asked hesitantly.
    You must understand he said getting up and pacing the floor before he continued. Natali
  4. Julie Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Ack! You stopped there!!!

That was a great post sabrelight! Don't put yourself down. I loved reading Anakin's pov and the details about Natalie that you put in. Ohooo, I wonder if it will turn out to be longer then her idea of 'worst'! ;) heehee I'm so glad you got a chance to post!
  5. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Julie!
    Natalie is in for LOTSA surprises.
  6. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    POST! POST! POST!
    You're killing me here! lol
  7. Darth Zane Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post. I can't believe you left us hanging like that!
  8. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Yay...that was a great post, sabrelight :) I, too, love Anakin's thoughts and how he's always trying to figure everything out!

Great job!

aa :)
  9. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks guys. I have another post.

Anakin drew in a deep breath. How was he to explain this to her. She would never under stand about time and dimensions, people of earth hadn?t yet experienced anything of this kind-they didn?t have hyperdrives yet. So he had to try a direct approach.

" Well! it could take at least a ?year," he finished hesitantly. Silence as Natalie soaked the implications to this revelation. "A year!" She repeated incredulously, her face going white with shock.
    " What? But, why? One year! Surely this ship is capable of?" She began.
    "This ship is damaged badly, barely going at all." he interrupted coldly.

"Anakin! Please tell me you are joking.? She said trying hard to smile. "Please Anakin! I want to go home. Now! I beg you to take me home," She pleaded. Seeing Anakin just stare at her helplessly, she became hysterical, screaming and shouting holding him by the robe and shaking him, and when she did not succeed in budging the big Jedi she just broke down against him and began to cry. Anakin held her close, stroking her hair as she sobbed into his robe, shaking uncontrollably.
    "Natalie there is a slim outside chance that?we might make it sooner.? He said in a low whisper. He was giving her a false hope he knew. But he couldn?t stand to look at her distress.

She picked up her head to look at him, pushing away the loose strands of hair sticking to her wet face. Her yes shining with hope,
    ? How soon?? She asked for the twentieth time.
    ? Well if we pick up the spare parts soon we could make it before the week is out.? ?Really!? She said brightening. ?That would be great, wouldn?t it,?
    ?No Natalie don?t hope for too much.? He repeated ?The chances are there but slim, very slim." Natalie wiped away her tears. She plopped on the seat and began to pray fervently. You?ll need all the prayers he said as he left for the hold. He had prepared her for the worst he thought to himself.

They chugged into Cion2 space control, one of the twelve moons of the Jacana system. It was the industrial and business hub of this whole sector. Anakin made contact with the space control Authorities and went through the required procedures. He brought the craft into orbit as instructed.

They were not going to land on the planet for several reasons. Anakin couldn't risk landing the craft in this condition, landing and take off always put the most stress on the craft. The Cion2 spaceport was small and congested, precious time would be wasted waiting in line for landing and take off. Instead the Maintenance Company?s ship would fly up to them and fit the ship here, out in space. It would cost more but it was the better option.

Natalie was leaning on the window and looking at the ever-growing globe with amazement and disbelief. All this while she had believed that life existed only on earth. Her practical side still refused to believe it. ?It could be earth from some other angle, then what about the big red planet behind it. No it certainly wasn't earth.? She reasoned. ?This was in fact another breathing, living planet.? She concluded in the end.

?Cion2!? Anakin said from behind her. And that red dirtball behind it is the mother planet, Jacana.?
    ?Jacana!? she repeated. ?never heard of it.?
    ?It pretty far away from earth,? Anakin said smiling at her wide eyes. It looks so? awesome from here, I've never been into space before. I?ve always wanted to be an astronaut.? She finished with a smile ?that smile again! So rare like a precious gem,? Anakin thought. It caught his breath whenever she bestowed it upon him.

?And now that you did get a chance you wasted away in tears.? He finished laughing.
    ?Oh! A well maybe I?ll travel like this someday, with my husband maybe and with my parents seeing me off. Go to the moon or some place for a honeymoon maybe,? she said with a big grin. ?Just not like this-jumping into space without telling any one. That?s not my style.? She said with mock airs.
    ?Well just make sure that when you
  10. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Great post!! :) Even if I think they're headed somewhere else aside from Earth?! Cool...keep it coming!

11. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Well AA they are on their way to earth, before that these two have talk. Which means both are in for a shock or two.
  12. Julie Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Shocking the characters is fun. ;) I really liked how much longer this post was, sabrelight!
  13. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm threading on shaky water now. At this point there are nearly three option for me to take. Decided to take the longest one out so bear with me. Hope its not too confusing (Found out)I'm not too good with words.

********************************************* The Sith came out of hyperspeed in sector C12X. The same sector from where he?d made the last hyperspeed jump to earth. Alisa calculated the exact location. Anakin and the droids went down to make some final checks on the new parts. Natalie went down to refresh herself. When Anakin was confident of the ships condition. He prepared it for the crucial jump to earth. ?The outcome of which would no doubt effect the fates of many.? He thought to himself.

An unusual silence prevailed in the cabin as the ship once more went into hyperspeed. Natalie concentrated on her prayers-which always had a calming effect on her frenzied nerves. Anakin kept his eyes on the control console; he had to make sure every thing went exactly as before-same speed variations, same fluctuations, so they?d end up in the exact spot. They?d miss the window with the slightest deviation from that direction.

Alisa?s monotonous drone woke Anakin up as she announced that they had one hour to come out of hyperdrive. Anakin straightened, flipping some switches he swiveled the seat around to face Natalie, She was sleeping with her head against the headrest. He walked over to her and shook her gently, she opened her eyes lazily then jumped, ?Are we there already,? she said eyes gleaming.
    ?No! Not yet, we?ll be in the solar system in about an hours time.?

She smiled at that. Then a long silence. She noticed that he was rather quite, and withdrawn. Somehow he had trouble keeping away that frown that kept creeping on to his handsome face. ? You?re all right.? She asked with concern. Anakin nodded weakly as he lay back on the headrest, eyes staring vacantly at the sky light on the domed ceiling of the ship.

She took his hand into her small ones and squeezed it gently. ?
    ?You seem sad Anakin is something the matter.? Anakin kept staring, her warm touch felt was reassuring, but it did nothing to dispel the melancholy that had overtaken him.?
    Anakin don?t you trust me,? she said softly.
    ?And why should I trust you. He said sitting up straight. ?Well! Cause we?re friends in adversity.? She said sweetly
    ?Just in adversity!? he said, raising one brow.
    ?Well there?s hardly any chance of writing to each other or keeping in touch any way is there? In a few hours I?ll be back on earth and we?ll probably never meet again.? ?I guess so,? he said sullenly. ?But doesn?t mean I?ll forget you ever,?

She looked into his eyes, they were dull and weary, the shine gone out of it. ?He?s probably not slept enough.? She thought. ?Anakin you need to rest. You can?t drive yourself like that. ? She scolded him.
    ?It?s not that,? he said in a voice too small for his size.
    ?Then what is it?tell me.? She goaded him gently. Something was eating at him. He seemed so tired and worn.

?It?s the queen. I?m worried about. I spoke to Obiwan on our last stop, and his answer wasn?t very convincing. The quality of the transmission was terrible. With all the static interference I could comprehend only four words and I can?t make much of it. It?s driving me mad.? He said with a pained look.

?What words did you hear?? she asked
    ?Queen? ?found? ?Child? and ?dead. ?He said, ?I just don?t know what to make of it.?
    ? The message is obvious,? She said, lighting up ?they?ve found the Queen, perhaps she?s lost her child.?
    ?I don?t know he said hesitantly. There are words that are missing completely. It could also mean Queen child (both) found de?? He couldn?t continue. As he closed his eyes tight to shut out the pain.

She touched his arm to comfort him, he grabbed her hand and held it to his heart. Natalie I don?t want to loose both of you. He said with a forlorn look. ?Don?t worry I?m sure you?ll find her,? she said, ?even now she may be resting in her palace,? she said pulling her hand away, and givi
  14. Julie Moderator Emeritus

star 5
    Oooooo, It looks like Natalie is beginning to realize that Anakin is really in trouble. She's seen the movies, so she must know that Ani is in serious danger of going to the darkside. Hmmmm..... ;) This story is sooo much fun to speculate about! Thank you bunches for writing it sabrelight! :D
  15. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah! Right Julie, She'gonna spill the beans on ol' Ani. How's he going to take it?
  16. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Up!
    It seems once this drops to page two no one bothers to read it.
  17. darth_Atika Jedi Master

star 2
  18. Anakin's Angel Jedi Master

star 4

Awww....that was kinda sad, sabre~! GOTTA HAVE MORE!! And don't worry....you are great with words!

19. Darth Zane Jedi Master

star 4
  20. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    hey sabre, that's not true. that was a great post! i feel bad for anakin, that would drive me nuts too.
  21. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks guys for the encouragement. I'll try to get a new post done by tomarrow.
  22. jinli Jedi Padawan

when ur done..can i put this up on my site ?
  23. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
  24. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4

"Anakin! She started hesitantly "Why don't you come with me, to earth." He looked incredulously at her. "Yes!" She said as she kneeled on the floor besides him, leaning on his knees excitedly, "Really Anakin I mean it, it'll do you good, you're in dire need of a good rest. I'll take good care of you."

"You don't mean that," he said a small smile creeping into the corner of his mouth. "And what's so incredible about that, you're used to living on strange planets." She said. "Anakin you won't regret it. We'll go to movies, go camping, and we'll visit museums, art galleries and theaters."

"The possibilities are tempting," he said but I can't just duck into a planet and stay there of my own will. I'm a Jedi-besides I'm on a mission here; I have still to find the Queen.
    "My heart tells me she'll be home when you get there." Natalie said.
    " Really!" Anakin said, a ray of hope entering his bleak heart.

"Just for a short time. You could come and meet my parents." She continued to beg him. "Look I'm sorry. I'd love to meet your parents, but what would you tell them. Mom this is Anakin Skywalker, the man who forcefully pulled me onto his spaceship and kept me in unlawful custody for the past one week." Exasperation seeping into his tone. Natalie smiled at that.
    "It's not like that you know. I could introduce you as my new boyfriend," She said wryly. "Oh! so you've got an OLD boyfriend too. This got her flustered and she lost control.

"Hell I'm serious Anakin!" Natalie broke in hotly, " there's nothing for you back there in your world, except misery, suffering, torment and pain. Anakin straightened up, wide-eyed. "How can you say that," His voice had a sharp edge to it. "Did you have a vision? Your not even minimally force conscious." He said, his jaw tightening.

"I do know a little about your future." She didn't know how to put it, that his whole life was actually an open book- an epic movie on earth. How could she explain it to him. He would be naturally offended. Anybody would be offended if accused of a future such as Darth Vader's. Personally she could never imagine him as Vader. He was too kind and considerate to be any thing near to that brutal monster.

"Well!" She went on," I do know quite a lot about you. About Tatooine, the podrace, how you met the Queen, how you became a jedi and all." And she went on to tell him all she knew about his childhood. Anakin looked unbelievingly at her. Then he just snapped.
  25. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    WHOA! Anakin snaps?! Sweet! This has a ton of potential. I like the line about how anakin's life was merely a movie on earth...kind of weird if you think about it. how would you feel if you found out you were the hero\villain of a movie in a different galaxy? keep posting!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.