main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin met Natalie Portman-(Updated-10/24'Handmaiden Anakin Skywalker' )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sabrelight, Jan 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks! excal for pulling my baby out of the deep. My ISP was kaput again,so I just couldn't get here to give it any attention.

2. excalibur2358

excalibur2358 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    hey, don't worry about it! i couldn't let this thing drop off the face of the forum, lol. actually, my story was farther down than yours (thanks for upping mine, i owe ya another one). keep it coming sabre. also, can i join in the writing party for once chance, or is the roster filled out? pm me if you want.- excal

3. Darth Zane

Darth Zane Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
  4. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Glad to have you on board excal! And get your friends too. This place could do with a little zest.
    Here's another post- I was in a hurry so expect lots of mistakes.

Anakin sat on the seat just above her. He touched her shoulder tentatively, expecting an extreme reaction again; instead she grabbed his legs, hugging them like her life depended on it. He pulled her up to him on the seat. Wrapping his arms around her, he held her to himself. Natalie buried her face in his robe, hugging him tighter as her sobs broke into full scale wailing.

For what seems like ages. They stayed that way, with just her sniffing to break the silence.
    " Can you tell me what happed," He asked, as he took out a paper towel to wipe her face with, which by now was a teary mess. She nodded a no. She hugged him tighter as she shut her eyes tight, a big tear rolled out.
    " Okay fine!" He said as he wiped the tears way from her cheeks. Anakin still felt women were a strange breed indeed.

After what seemed like hours of silence Natalie heaved a big sigh and snuggled closer against him.
    ?Anakin!?
    ? What,? He said.
    ?Talk to me,? she croaked in a low voice.
    ?Huh!? What about

?Anything,? I just want to hear you speak.? She said in almost a whisper. ? Anakin! tell me about your world,?

"Do you know what a Sith is," He asked after thinking for some time.
    "No!" She lied.
    "As far as I know it?s a four letter word that you like to use at every opportunity." Anakin laughed at that. Then he began to tell her about Sith?s and Jedi?s and the many world?s he?d travelled to and his adventures there.

Hearing his gentle voice in her ears calmed her. She could still hear the monster?s thick gruff voice in her ears, accusing her of being a Sith, she shuddered at the horrible thought. Anakin felt her body tremble. ?Hey you?re safe with me. I won?t let any thing harm you,? Anakin assured her. ?Even the Queen of Naboo trusts me with her life.? Natalie looked up questioningly at him with her red swollen eyes.

?Well! If I had been around the Queen, she would never have been kidnapped you know." Anakin admitted with a sad look.
    "They grabbed her when I was on a mission on Solastare,? Anakin said in reply to her accusing look.? He nevertheless felt responsible for the Queen?s present situation.

The cabin fell into a hush again. As the two, contemplated their thoughts. "I guess I should be telling her the whole story, since she won?t be going to Earth any way." Anakin decided. Opening the food storage he brought out two chilled bottles of fruit juice. Offering one to her he settled back on the seat. Lost in thought as he sipped the cool liquid.

At length Anakin began again. ?I should not have left Amidala. Not, after the brutal murder of her husband. Natalie?s head shot up with surprise. Queen Amidala was married! I mean to some one else? she asked incredulously.
    Haven?t I told you? He said sounding surprised
    "No!" She said bluntly. "I did tell you she has a child." Anakin said trying to recal

Well I thought Ahem it was yours. A rude spray of juice suddenly escaped Anakin?s mouth with as though some one had thumped him hard on th back . Natalie jumped back, stratled. He looked at her wide-eyed. What gives you that wild idea? He said as he dabbed at the expelled juice on his tunic.
    You don?t even know us so well. Do you know that she is older than me? She was like a big sister to me; Anakin said rather sadly. Well er?. Natalie stammered; I guess your grief for her gave me the wrong idea. She was all confused now.

Whom was she married to? She asked
    Senator Radi Darr to whom she had been marriedfor just over 5 years. I was fifteen when she got married.
    I haven?t heard of him. Natalie asked, scrunching her forehead and trying to remember, wether she had seen the name in the list of the cast.
    Of coarse you haven?t heard of him? Anakin said, how should you know him? He was the Senator from Naboo, Young, handsome and intelligent and daring. They were made for each other.

5. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  6. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Up! I was very unsure of this post, some one read it and tell me how it is-good, bad anything. Please!

7. reklawyks

reklawyks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Oh it's wonderful. Things kind of make sense now about Amidala and her kid and everything seems to be woven perfectly together.
    Great post!!^_^

8. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks!reklawyks. After your kinds words.I think it is safe to come out from hiding.

9. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  10. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    LOL!! great post

Sometimes I feel sorry for Anakin

11. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks! Uisceban. I think he's(partly) to blame for this situation, when ever our earth girl is ready to make up he has to spoil the moment. But we can forgive him cause earth girls can be rather confusing, ask any earth boy ;)

12. Uisceban

Oct 14, 2000
    Lol.
    hey I resent that!
    j/k

13. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Don't! Uisceban, sophisticated machinery is always a bit more confusing to figure out at first at first. Boys prefer to be direct with every thing.(That from a girl with three brothers:0 Hell! I love them, all three of them)

14. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    jeez, that's rough for anakin. thanks for taking me on board, sabre, this should be fun. that was a great post, btw. adds a lot more mystery to luke's REAL mom. uh oh. epiphany has struck me. conspiracy theory forming...

oh well, gotta go.

"I've just had an apostraphe."
    "I think you mean a epiphany."
    "Lightning...just struck my brain."
    "Ooh, that must have hurt."

15. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Right Excal the conspiracy theory is kicking in full power-more shocking twists in a few posts.
    Hope your brain isn't too fried from the lightening? ;)

16. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    This is one iffy post. Please forgive me.
    As much as I tried it didn't come out as I'd planned it. How the hell do you convince a girl that a particular planet is nice for her,even she has to leave her family and every thing thats familiar. Poor Anakin!

Anakin sat in the pilot?s seat aimlessly swinging it from side to side as he looked down at his wristband from time to time.
    ?Hmm? 14 minutes 45 seconds. Any time now. 56...57...58...59..." He droned on lazily."15.00 minutes." He looked up, and there she was smiling shyly at him. Anakin couldn't suppress a smile.
    ?I was expecting you,? He said as he put his hands behind his head and stretched out his long legs in front of him. ?You were?? she asked raising one arched brow.

?So I'm forgiven!? he said with a smirk.
    ?Yeah! I guess,? she said leaning against the furthest passenger seat.
    ?Since it?ll be final good byes soon.? The smile faded suddenly from Anakin?s face and he looked away uncomfortably.

?You must forgive me too, before I leave. We must part as friends!? She said. Anakin looked at her questioningly.
    ?I admit I did some pretty nasty things to you,? Natalie said lowering her eyes.
    ?I?m glad you?re in a conciliatory mood,? Anakin said before she could continue.
    ?I?ll need all of God?s mercy today,? he thought.? ?Force have mercy on me.?

"So how much longer is it going take?" She asked after a long pause.
    Anakin didn't reply; he just sat there contemplating deeply with his head resting on his hands. "Anakin Skywalker!" She said loudly in his ears, pulling his hand away from his face.
    "Huh! Anakin said nearly toppling over then recovering.
    "You know what I was asking, don't pretend you didn?t hear me.?
    Natalie said shaking a stern finger at him. Anakin swallowed hard.
    ?We're already there,? Anakin squeaked suddenly loosing his lungpower.

?We are?? She asked skeptically. She ran to the window, then to the main view screen.? ?Please Anakin! No more games! Let?s part on a serious note.? She said, disappointed at not seeing the familiar green and blue globe.
    ?I'm in no mood for games.? She said, nearly in tears.
    ?There is nothing out there but chunks of bare rocks.? She added, cupping her eyes against the reflective glass in an effort to pick out something looking like planet earth.

Anakin ran a hand through his hair. He felt very tired and exhausted. ?I'm not joking!? He stated with a dead serious look.
    ?But why can't I see it. How can I miss a whole planet??
    ?It's there,? Anakin said ?Right in front of you.?
    ?This is the asteroid belt between mars and Earth,? she said, arms folded in front of her an exasperated look on her face, wondering what game he was playing with her now.
    ?No!? He said curtly.
    ?This is earth or what is left of it.? He said, as he came to stand next to her.

?A long time ago earth as you know was a living, breathing planet teeming with very vibrant life forms. One of the most persevering
    and dominant races of the galaxy originated on earth.? Anakin said.
    ?All we know is that years from now the planet suddenly disappeared from the map of the universe. Leaving these shattered remnants as witnesses to its once glorious existence.?

?What h?happened?? Natalie stammered.
    ?It is believed the people of earth destroyed themselves in an all out nuclear war or maybe there was an accident.? Anakin said turning away from the window to look at her.
    ?They had stock piled enough destructive material to blow their planet ten times over.? Silence
    ?But no one will ever know the truth, of what actually happened.?
    There was more silence as both of them looked at the pieces of rock drift aimlessly almost mournfully through the empty void of space.

Natalie was too shocked for words.
    After a while she found her voice, ? How could this happen now. She whispered still apprehensive.
    ?This didn?t happen now, it happened some thousands of years before. She turned to glare at him, her brows knitted. ?Thousands of years she repeated, it was just last? er Tue

17. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  18. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    That was cute! And you did just fine, sabrelight, you made the reason Ani couldn't take Natalie home yet pausible enough and understandable. And I really, really like how long this post was! :)

19. Uisceban

Oct 14, 2000
    Wooohooo. Great post!

20. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Thanks! Julie and uisceban.I see ther are quite a no# of mistakes
    Not matter how one checks and rechecks for mistakes, the minute you post a dozen of them will suddenly dance back at you and you wonder why you didn't notice. They're Sithly I think. :)

21. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  22. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
  23. excalibur2358

Dec 13, 2000
    lol! Sabre, that was great! I don't know how else you could have presented it. And the last couple of paragraphs were hilarious. I'll try and send you something, see what you think.

24. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Here's Excals post, he couldn't post it himself so I'm posting it for him
    *********************************************Okay, here we go. I don't know how good this is, it's my first attempt. It might set you up for something later.

A few minutes later, after Natalie had finished her attempt to give him a new haircut, Anakin returned to the cockpit of his craft, noticing a red light flashing on a center console. He activated the holograph projector, and a small blue image of his Master, Obi Wan Kenobi, appeared.

"Padawan, it has been a disturbingly long time since you have contacted the Council on your whereabouts. Master Yoda requests you contact the Temple at the earliest time. In the meantime, try and contact me. What is the mission status? Has your search for the Queen brought to light any new information? The situation on Coruscant grows grim; there are rumblings that something more sinister is about to occur. You must hurry, Anakin, I sense a disturbance in the Force. Be wary. Obi Wan out."

His master was never one for subtle conversations. Sometimes Skywalker would wonder how things would have turned out if Master Qui-Gon hadn't died that day on Naboo. Obi Wan would not be please when he found out he had found a person that looked like the Queen, but not the real person.

Still, Natalie was enjoyable company, even if she was prone to freaking out easily. It sometimes seemed as though she could read his mind. She wasn't a Jedi, most likely not a Sith, but still, there was something about her. She was amusing to watch though, she acted like those holostars he used to watch after his classes. And she was as pretty as one...

"Get a grip, Skywalker. You're not a kid anymore. Stick to the mission," he said, shaking his head.

But what to do next he wondered. After they went to Mars, how should he proceed?

"I suppose I can give her a tour of the planet, until she is acquainted with the area. But should I just leave her there? She seems so vulnerable..." he thought.

"It is a hard life," Qui Gon had told him, so many years ago.

25. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Excal that was good! I think we can work together on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.