main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin Skywalker hadn't been turned?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Shadowen, Mar 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Yeah, you read right. What would have happened if the future Darth Vader never became Darth Vader? Would Palpatine have tried to turn another Jedi?

Anyhoo, I've written the first part. Bear with me; it's a bit long.

Wind howled around the two combatants/friends as they perched precariously atop the rocky overhang. One was in a considerably more precarious situation than the other. Anakin was barely hanging on to the rock, but apparently didn?t care. In fact, if anything, he looked like he wanted to drop, instead of being helped up.

Obi-Wan reached out for his friend?s hand, but Anakin didn?t respond. He simply glared up at Obi-Wan. It was then that Obi-Wan realized just how precarious Anakin?s grip on the Light was. ?Leave me, Jedi,? he said, spitting the title as though it were a curse. ?Go tell Yoda that you failed.?

There was so little that was left for people who were this immersed in the Dark Side, Obi-Wan knew. Only extreme emotional shock?hopefully not anything having to do with anger?could work to bring the person back from the edge. But he couldn?t think of anything that would really produce much of an effect. Except possibly.

?What would your mother think of this? She always thought??

?I don?t care what she would think!? Anakin snarled. ?She was always pushing me to be something I?m not. She sent me away when I was nine! She didn't love me, she just wanted me out of her way!?

Though he realized he had made an error, Obi-Wan was not going to leave it uncorrected. ?It wasn?t like that. Qui-Gon had gambled with Watto for your freedom. He tried to get your mother out of there, but Watto wouldn?t budge.?

?Don?t lie to me!? his student snapped. ?Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master! He could have tricked Watto into??

?If that were true,? Obi-Wan countered, ?Then why did he not just use the Force to make Watto accept the 20,000 Republic credits he had for the hyperdrive?? Anakin blinked. ?Watto said it himself: like Hutts, Jedi tricks wouldn?t work on him. ?Only money.??

Anakin paused. ?What about you? You and Amidala going around behind my back, you bas??

Amidala! Obi-Wan thought. Of course! How could I have forgotten about her? And Anakin thinks that she and I?this may yet be doable, he thought. ?What do you mean? She?s eleven years younger than I am, and I wouldn?t try to steal her from you even if she wasn?t.?

?Liar!? returned Anakin. ?You and her were always thinking you could trick me!?

?Anakin, who told you this?? Obi-Wan murmured the query, almost to himself. His abilities with the Force should have told him it wasn?t true?Sithspit, he?d taken telepathy lessons from Plo Klune?but apparently he wasn?t using them.

?Palpatine! And he should know! He?s got contacts everywhere!?

?Political contacts,? Obi-Wan said, confused and stalling, trying to think. What did Palpatine have to do with all this? The answer was there, in his head somewhere, but he could not keep his mind clear enough to get it. ?Most Jedi stay out of politics. Those that don?t usually aren?t in the temple that often, and they?re advisors, not the actual politicians.?

Anakin spat, ?He has contacts on Naboo! And why shouldn?t he? He used to be the Senator for that sector!?

That was true enough. But? ?Anakin, I haven?t been to Naboo in six years. And the most I?ve seen of Amidala since then has been when she visited Coruscant, and then usually only for a few minutes before she got down to business.?

The would-be Jedi looked confused. ?What do you mean by that??

? ?Got down to business??? the Knight asked. ?By that I mean the main reason she comes to Coruscant,? he said, and finished with, ?Is to see you.? Anakin did not respond. ?Use the Force, Anakin. I will not resist your attempts to read me.?

For a moment, nothing happened. Then, Obi-Wan?s apprentice closed his eyes, and Obi-Wan felt something, feeling as though it were carefully sifting through his memories. A few minutes later, Anakin sighed. ?You?re right." His expression took on the appearance of someone just waking up. "I don?t know what I w

2. Whip Morgan

Whip Morgan Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 1999
    Yeah,good story,continue

3. Rabe02

Rabe02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 1999
    Hey, neat little running demon . . . metal . . . *thing.* Cool story too!

4. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    Thanks. And I have some other questions I'd like everyone's opinion on: how likely would it be for Luke to meet Mara? Leia to meet Han? What about 3P0 and R2? According to TPM, they knew about Anakin long before Luke was even born, so it's obvious they had their memory erased at least once. What changes would there be in their personalities?

Rabe02: It's Lachdanan from Diablo. Either that or the Warlord of Blood from Diablo (but he has more red on him).

Anyhoo, here's the second (and admittedly smaller) installment. Enjoy!

The craft landed softly at the Jedi temple. He hadn?t expected many people there, but he was surprised. All twelve members of the Jedi Council were there, all looking cautious and ready for anything. When they saw Obi-Wan walking alongside Anakin, the sense of relief radiating from all of them would have been palpable even to a non-Force-sensitive.

Yoda was almost smiling. ?Done well you have, Obi-Wan,? he said softly. ?And sense I that shed new light you have on the Sith mystery, hmmm??

?It always was hard to fool you, Master Yoda,? he said, bowing at the waist. He noticed Anakin went a little deeper in his. ?But first, we both have something to say to you.?

Picking up the cue, Anakin fell to one knee. ?I am sorry, Masters. I was wrong. Perhaps you were right in telling Qui-Gon that I was too old, but it was the only thing I?d ever really wanted. Maybe he picked up on that. But in any case, I let anger take over. Please, Masters, forgive me.?

The Jedi Masters were all shocked. Plo Klune hadn?t tried to read either mind, because it would be rude, might set Anakin off again if he found out?and Anakin would almost certainly feel it, despite his inexperience. Yoda had been expecting something of the sort, but nothing so heartfelt or moving. Ki-Adi-Mundi was impressed at the youth?s maturity. Yaddle felt an almost motherly compassion; the boy had made a mistake and taken responsibility for it. Mace Windu was almost thanking Qui-Gon for being more right than they had. And the rest all felt something between surprise and admiration at the simple motive?honesty?behind the apology and request.

?Forgiven you are, Padawan Skywalker,? Yoda rasped. ?Faced the Dark Side you have in ways few others could. Acceptable it is that help was given you, difficulty of the ordeal considered.? He smiled. ?For this reason it is that the Council bestows upon you the rank of Knight.?

Yoda, still smiling (and slightly amused at Anakin's shocked expression), turned his attention to Obi-Wan. ?And you, Knight Kenobi?what is it that wish you to say??

Obi-Wan as well knelt before Yoda. ?I wish as forgiveness as well, Masters?but especially from you, Master Yoda. I should have listened to your doubts when I asked to train Anakin, but I was so caught up with?? he took a breath, ?Qui-Gon?s death that I immediately promised I would do what he asked of me. At the time, I would rather have died than broken my promise to Qui-Gon. And I had promised him I would train Anakin.?

Yoda?s smile had not faded as Obi-Wan explained his actions. ?Forgiven you are as well, Jedi Kenobi. While finalized it is not, convinced the Council your recent actions have to consider you for the rank of Master. Help your case greatly, this most recent action will.?

He gestured for both of them to rise, then moved on to matters that were not nearly as joyful. ?Join us you will in the Council chambers to reveal that which you have discovered. Come.? Together, the fourteen Jedi moved to the chambers, the happy and satisfied mood replaced by one of anticipation and worry.

Anakin, however, let his impatience and curiosity take over. He came up beside Master Yoda and asked quietly, ?Master, is my wife on planet??

?In your quarters for past several weeks she has been,? Yoda answered in an equally low tone.

?When will I have free time to see her?? he said, in as respectful a tone as he could manage. ?It has been so long??

"Finish the Sith business must we first,? Yoda said. He turned to look up at the newly christene

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    <nods> Nice start! Looking forward to more....and WRT the other meetings, well, if it's the will of the Force....<G>

6. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    On with the show!

The Council meeting was like a replay of the first time Anakin had been on Coruscant, almost twenty years ago. The Council members looked a little older?Yoda?s voice was raspier and his face didn?t seem as young, Mace Windu had gained crow?s feet and his eyebrows, tinged with bits of silver before, had now gone completely white. Ki-Adi-Mundi looked more wrinkled, if that were possible. Yaddle?s hair had begun to go silver-gray. Plo Klune did not seem as alert as he used to be, though this was mostly illusion.

But without looking at details, it was much the same. There were two Jedi standing in the center of the room, and they were surrounded by the dozen members of the council, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Mace Windu at front and center. There was a tall Jedi, and an average-height Jedi. The sun was near the mid-afternoon position.

This time, however, the teacher was the smaller of the two. Anakin had grown into a massive young man, despite going hungry for several years in his early youth. He was abnormally large and bulky for a Jedi, and was immensely powerful even without the Force. He was the tallest and broadest (across the shoulders) human Jedi alive, almost six and a half feet tall with a chest that easily exceeded forty inches. Jedi often did not need muscles developed so highly?not even Mace Windu approached his build?but Anakin believed in being as strong in the body as he was in the Force.

And Anakin was strong in both, indeed.

As well, both Jedi were considerably more rumpled than the two that had been there in that meeting many years ago. Jedi healing abilities aside, they still had not fully recovered from the battle.

But the mood was considerably less unsure. They knew exactly what each was doing there.

?Anakin?s recent near-fall,? Obi-Wan began, ?Was caused by several things. Part of it was my inexperience at teaching.? He glanced across at Anakin. ?Part of it may have been Anakin?s anger, or the fact that he was older than any other in recent history when he started training.? He focussed on Yoda. ?But the main reason is likely the presence of the Sith.? Yoda nodded for him to go on.

?Several years ago, when Anakin first came to us, the late Master Qui-Gon Jinn reported battling with a creature much like a Sith. Later, it was this same Sith that killed him.? He paused, having to take a deep breath before continuing. ?I killed the Sith myself, but it is known that there are always two now?a master and an apprentice. We were unsure at the time which it was.? He chewed the inside of his cheek before saying, ?But now, we think we have discovered the answer.? There was murmuring of interest and disbelief throughout the Council, though all the members had expected something like this.

Anakin spoke now. ?You all know that I have been spending much time as advisor to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. However, this could have been my downfall?our downfall?if it were not for Master Kenobi.? He addressed Ben as Master not because he was a Jedi Master, but because he was Anakin?s teacher, and that was the proper title a Jedi gave to his teacher. ?He and I dueled on the planet of Io. He defeated me, and asked me why I had changed so much recently.? He paused, gathering his thoughts, then said, ?The reason was Palpatine.

?He has been feeding me lies for a long time now, saying that most of the Jedi didn?t use the Dark Side?and called it that?because they were afraid of it and its power. He told me that my wife went behind my back with?? and he glanced significantly at Obi-Wan, ?Certain other men. He convinced me the Dark Side was the best way?and I didn?t think to disbelieve him.

?The fact is that Palpatine is our mysterious Sith Lord, the master, and he was looking for another apprentice. The apprentice was me.? The Council murmured, suspicions confirmed.

Obi-Wan took the point from there. ?Many of you may be asking how he could have tricked us, all of us, so neatly. May I remind you that there are?or were, anyway?only two Sith, and now there is only one? N

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Great idea, and great writing, Shadowen. I like this concept, and especially like the way you're doing it. Keep up the good work, and I hope there's more soon!

8. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    I think I mentioned in Darth Binky's first thread that I hate double posts. Oh, well.

BUGGER! I HATE DOUBLE POSTS!!!

Ah, that's better.

Cursing at shadows,
    http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/phantasiav/nn5.gif

[This message has been edited by Shadowen (edited 03-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Shadowen (edited 05-16-2000).]

9. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    Thank you! Thank all of you! I've never received so many compliments...

Nice guy Shady: ...sniff...I...I think I might actually cry...

Nasty guy Shady: That's sweet. I'm goin' drinkin'!

Neutral Shady:...sniff...I hope I don't end up crying in my beer...that's one thing I can't stand, salty beer...

Drinking shadows,

10. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    Here we go again...

Palpatine smiled as he looked out over Coruscant. The lights, the towering spires, were beautiful, but he didn?t see lights and beauty. He saw opportunity.

Something was bothering him, though. As a Sith, he had long since learned to pay attention to feelings?it was one of the few traits that Jedi and Sith had in common. Unfortunately, he had to devote most of his power to hiding himself from the Jedi. It was maddening, because if he devoted any more concentration to the hunch he would end up bringing his own destruction down.

No matter. Soon, the Skywalker boy would be back, or he would be defeated. Were he defeated, he would kill himself, as per Palpatine?s instructions. The Sith ability to resurrect people who seemed dead--if they swore loyalty--was impressive. Once Palpatine was off-planet, he didn?t really have to disguise his Force ?signature?. Should Skywalker win, on the other hand, then Kenobi would be eliminated, and that would make it a little easier for the plan to be set in motion.

Nevertheless, the uneasy feeling still bothered him. It was growing, in fact. And he still had no idea why.

He found out an instant later. The door slowly opened, and to Palpatine?s shock, there stood the entire Jedi Council. Along with Kenobi and Skywalker.

Skywalker smirked. ?Hello, Supreme Chancellor. We?re not interrupting anything, are we??

The Surpeme Chancellor was frozen in place as he saw Skywalker?s expression. He couldn?t decide what was going on. Was Skywalker still loyal? Was this all just a lure to bring the Jedi Masters into a mass execution? If it was, then Skywalker was a fool. Yoda was immensely powerful, and even Palpatine had his doubts if he could emerge victorious in a battle with the deceptively diminutive Jedi Master. To say nothing of the eleven Jedi Masters with him. And Kenobi.

No matter Skywalker?s power, the two of them combined would not be able to take on thirteen Jedi.

?Er?no, not at all, Jedi Skywalker.?

?Haven?t you heard?? Skywalker said, his voice soft and tinged slightly with pride. ?I am a Knight now.?

?No?I?I hadn?t.? Palpatine was feeling more and more uneasy now. And for good reason. He knew he would almost certainly have to drop the charade if he wanted to live. He would, however, be cautious; if he had learned something, it was to never do anything if it was unnecessary?at least when you were in the kind of position Palpatine was.

?Do you know how one becomes a Knight, Supreme Chancellor?? Anakin asked. Palpatine could almost detect a bit of challenge, a cold edge, to Skywalker?s voice.

?Why, no,? Palpatine replied. ?Why would I know anything about the Jedi ranking system? But please, indulge me.?

Anakin?s voice become frosty and hard. ?One faces the Dark Side?Master Palpatine.?

Palpatine managed to take fifty years of political experience, turn it into surprise and indignation, and put it into his voice all at once. ?Are?are you accusing me of?of using this Dark Side of the Force, whatever it is??

Kenobi snorted softly. Skywalker glanced over his should, almost warningly, Palpatine thought. ?Not accusing. If I were just accusing you, why would I bring a dozen Jedi Masters and a fellow Jedi Knight?? He shook his head. ?They know, Palpatine. I told them everything. You?ve failed. I will not fall.?

Trying one last time, Palpatine called, "Guards!" Armored soldiers came out of seemingly nowhere, weapons trained on the Jedi. Yoda simply raised his hand--

And all the guards were lifted a few centimeters off the floor. They yelped and shrieked, kicking in fear. Yoda looked at all of them in turn as he said, "A Jedi matter this is. Concern you it does not."

The captain stammered, "J-J-Jedi?" Yoda nodded. "We won't interere." Yoda let them down, and they ran out the door.

Though Palpatine?s expression did not change, his Force signature did. He smiled inwardly as he saw the shock the weight of his mastery of the Dark Side put on their minds. ?Oh, you will, boy?just not the way I intended.?

He raised a hand a b

11. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    I'm pounding several keyboards into their base elements to keep doing this.

Anakin lay motionless only fifty feet from where Master Yoda and the Sith Lord Palpatine battled, with fire and lightning and a dozen things Anakin couldn?t describe. He was slowly recovering himself. The lightning bolt had hurt terribly, but even now he was healing from it. He wondered if Master Yoda was helping.

He observed the fight, but thought he could tell that Yoda was slowly giving ground. Palpatine was not as strong, but was much more furious a combatant, and despite Yoda?s calm demeanor, it looked as though he would regret sending the others away.

Anakin looked at his lightsaber, lying ten feet away due to the wind and energy generated by the titanic battle. Calming himself, he reached out and called his lightsaber to him.

Or attempted to. He looked over his shoulder at Palpatine, who grinned at him mirthlessly. He would not allow anyone to interrupt his win.

And then, suddenly, the battle swung back to Yoda?s favor. Palpatine looked strained as Yoda raised his other arm from where it was pointing, in Anakin?s general direction. Anakin realized he felt less protected now, and knew that Yoda had been protecting him until he could defend himself. He knew his purpose in this battle, as Palpatine withdrew the hand holding his lightsaber in place to redirect more power to the fight between himself and Yoda. It was a much more even battle now, each combatant straining for an advantage.

Anakin called his lightsaber to him and lit it. With a cry, he charged his former Master; Palpatine threw lightning at him again in desperation, but this time, Anakin was ready for it, catching it on his blade. Yoda pressed the attack, throwing Palpatine almost twenty feet across the room. Snarling with fury, Palpatine got to his feet, anger granting him further strength; a fireball flew from his fingertips and struck the floor between the two Jedi. Anakin was thrown away, Yoda winced as his hastily raised shield did not protect him completely from the blast. But Anakin regained control much faster than before; catlike, he landed on his feet, then went once more on the offensive.

Yoda, still recovering from the fireball, was struggling to regain the initiative, when Anakin struck.

Aaaagh! The suspense!

Cliffhanging shadows,

12. Marie D Padawannabe

Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    Cool cool cool! Keep going....!

Marie

13. Darth Cerberus

Darth Cerberus Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 1999
    Cliff-hangers and unfinished threads - the bane of bulletin boards everywhere.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This is a really good story please continue. But I am curios if it will have any of the other Prequal charachters like Boba Fett and Amidala in it.

15. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    This is like an alternate ending to Episode III. Of course, that probably doesn't matter much--my part where Anakin falls into a molten pit is probably so far off...

So yes, Amidala will be there, but I don't know if I can put Boba Fett. It'll probably be a relatively short thread unless I take it all the way to what happens to Luke and Leia growing up here.

Typing shadows,

[This message has been edited by Shadowen (edited 03-12-2000).]

16. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    The next few parts might be a bit boring for those of you who like action and political intrigue.

The battle had been going on for nearly a full day, when suddenly it was over. Outside, they had been listening to the sounds of the Force war, and were reassured that Anakin was all right?or at least alive?by the sound of a lightsaber. And then, just when the noise reached a crescendo, it ceased altogether.

The doors began to retreat.

Standing back, just in case (they could not sense, for some reason, who the survivors were), they waited.

Stepping out of the darkness in Palpatine?s chambers came Yoda and Anakin. Both looked tired, their clothes were torn, and both were limping.

But both were still alive.

Anakin, despite the obvious pain he was in, grinned at Obi-Wan, who gave him a small smile in return.

?Palpatine?? Mace Windu asked.

Some of his cockiness returning, Anakin smirked and said, ?What do you think??

Mace frowned, but could not hold onto the expression for long. ?Good point,? he admitted quietly.

When they arrived back at the Temple, Anakin departed for his quarters, when standard procedure was to conduct a quick Council meeting to wrap things up.

?Where are you going?? Obi-Wan asked him.

Anakin glanced at Yoda. ?You said,? he murmured softly, ?As soon as the Sith business was done.? Yoda nodded. Anakin smiled and turned back toward his room.

?Anakin, wait??

Obi-Wan was stopped by a thick hand
    on his shoulder. Mace was looking at him carefully. ?Jedi or not,? the Jedi Master cautioned, ?He has not seen his wife in eight months and two weeks.? He ventured a slight smile. ?You can try and bring him to the meeting if you want, but I am not going to help you.?

The others did not share Windu?s sense of humor about it, but all agreed with the sentiment. Obi-Wan looked to Yoda for help, but the wizened Jedi Master simply smirked. ?Hard will it really be if Anakin there to help you is not?? he asked.

Sighing, Obi-Wan followed the Masters to the Council chambers.

Writing shadows,

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Very nice! Keep it up! BTW, I'm very impressed with the pace you are writing this at....

18. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    Yeah? Well, I'm rather rapidly running out of ideas. After a few more posts, don't be surprised if all of a sudden I stop posting. And don't be afraid to take the initiative yourself.

And by the way: WARNING! The following contains much romantic slop. Please avoid if you are allergic to lovey-dovey stuff.

Amidala lay back as she looked at her swollen stomach, feeling almost giddy as she thought of how close to was to having children. Children! The thought shocked, excited, and relaxed her all at once. She occasionally felt a pang of guilt and wondered how well Sabé was holding up on Naboo. Quite well, she believed, but she could not be sure. And her children, the twins?how she wished she could know for certain how they were doing. Hard a life as it was being one, sometimes Amidala had found herself wishing during the last eight months that she were a Jedi, so she could know her children as well as even the Jedi doctor who had attended her did. Sometimes, however, she was certain she could feel small, immature minds reaching out to her. She had tried to touch them, but either they were not strong enough or needed another Force-sensitive person to touch minds with.

But, despite her joviality at her pregnancy and impending childbirth, depression could still take her if she thought about Anakin. She missed him so, and knowing as she did how the condition of the mother could have a profound effect on the health of the child she carried, she was not all that happy about her sadness. She didn?t want to harm her children, but it was hard not to feel saddened at not having seen the man she loved so much in eight months.

She sometimes found it hard to think of him as her husband. She would never go behind his back, it was just that the word husband sparked strange images in her mind?s eye, most notably that of an old, happy couple, that still loved each other very much, and showed it verbally, but not physically. She didn?t think of her and Anakin as that; she very much hoped that once she had recovered from childbirth and the infants had been settled in, the passion would come back to their relationship. If Anakin ever came back at all.

The door opened. Sleepy, she rolled over so that she could see who it was.

And looking into her eyes were the most welcome pair of blue eyes she had ever seen. ?Honey,? a familiar voice whispered, ?I?m home.?

?Oh, stars!? she breathed, wrapping both arms around Anakin?s neck as he did the same to her. ?Anakin! Where have you been? I?ve missed you so.? She stopped hugging to look at him. He was surprised to see tears in her eyes. ?Anakin, I?I thought I was never going to see you again.?

?You should know me better than that. Best starfighter pilot in the galaxy, cunning warrior, and all that.? He kissed her nose, and she hugged him again.

?But I hadn?t told you that I loved you before you left,? she cried.

He kissed her hand. ?It?s all right,? he soothed. ?I know you love me.?

?But I hadn?t told you,? she protested. Then, sounding a bit embarrassed, she said, ?I haven?t told you yet either, have I??

He smiled. ?Nope.?

?Well,? she said, looking him straight in the eye and sounding as regal and serious as he had ever heard her, ?I love you, Jedi Padawan Anakin Skywalker.?

He gave her a wry smile. ?I know.?

She playfully smacked his stomach. ?Hey!?

?Oh!? he said, mock-surprised, ?Was I supposed to respond with something else??

?You?d better,? she replied with such venom in her voice that he almost felt a small tingle of fear, ?Or else you?ll be banned from Naboo for the rest of your life.?

?All right,? he said, ?I love you, Queen Padmé Amidala Naberrie of Naboo. And by the way, did you know you demoted me??

She blinked. ?Excuse me??

?I?m a Jedi Knight now,? he said, and there was no mistaking the slight tinge of pride coloring his voice. ?Or I was, until my wife demoted me down to Padawan again.?

?Well, I?m sorry, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker,? she said, stressing his new title. ?You are reinstated to the rank of Knight. And I?ll try not to demote

19. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    Hmmm...about seven fans (including myself , and not including lurkers) of this thread. Not bad for only eighteen posts.

BOO-YAH!

20. Jedi Windu

Jedi Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Wow! This going back to the top.

21. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Keep it up! <G> Hope you can keep up the pace!

22. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    :cheers:

Great story, Shadowen! Keep it up!

(That last scene was cute )

23. Shadowen

May 11, 1999
    Gentlebant: Don't get your hopes up, b'y.

?Push,? the doctor said. ?Come on, now, push!? Amidala strained, squeezing every muscle in her body?as well as Anakin?s hand, which was holding onto hers. ?Good girl! I can see the head! Now, one more time!?

The medical wing of the Jedi temple was alive with activity. Anakin was there?ever the loyal husband, as well as a way of dulling the pain without dulling her mind?as was Obi-Wan, who was waiting outside the room. The doctor, the nurses, and everyone except for Amidala were Jedi, but they were all properly trained.

?Come on, Padmé!? the doctor said. No one, save the more important Gungans, a few of the Naboo people, Anakin, and Obi-Wan knew that Padmé was actually Queen Amidala, so even the doctors referred to her as Padmé. It did not matter at the moment, though.

Curious, Anakin reached out to touch the mind of the first child. He hissed as bright white light seared his eyes. ?Turn the lights down!? he gasped. ?You?ll blind them!?

?It?s all right, Jedi Skywalker,? the doctor said, ?All children are born this way, and none are blinded. They just have to get used to it. All right, Padmé, we?ve got the shoulders out. Here?s the easiest part: one more push and it should come out easily.? Exhausted, Amidala still found the strength to push again, and the first of the two came out. The doctor smiled. ?Well, your son?s out, and he feels perfectly healthy. Now let?s see to the daughter.?

The second child was smaller than her brother, and was born more easily. Despite the need to rush and check the children himself, he remained patient, holding his wife?s hand, making sure she was all right. All right she was, but she was still exhausted. He kissed her sweat-slick forehead.

Twenty minutes later, she was relaxed in the hospital bed, holding both her children gently.

?We never did decide on a name, did we?? he asked.

?I?d always planned on Leia?after my grandmother?for a daughter,? she admitted, ?But I never thought of a boy?s name.?

He smiled. ?I think,? he said, ?Luke would be a good name.?

?Luke??

?Yeah.? He looked at his son?My son!?and explained, ?When I was a boy, just a few days before I met you, I think, I met an old pilot. My friends and I were talking about the strengths and weaknesses of different starfighters, when he came up to us and told us that for all-around ability, there was nothing like a Z-95.? He shook his head slowly. ?The old man said I was gonna be a good pilot?he?d seen me race the day before. His name was Luke.? Anakin looked his wife in the eye and said, ?So I think our son should be called Luke.?

Amidala smiled up at him. ?You were right,? she murmured. ?Luke is a good name.?

Obi-Wan poked his head in. ?You remember our agreement, right?? At this, Anakin looked lost. Obi-Wan rolled his eyes, looking exasperated with his forgetful student. ?I get to be godfather.?

How'd you like it? The pilot thing is from the Episode 1 novelization, but the name isn't mentioned; I just put it in myself.

Writing shadows,

24. Marie D Padawannabe

Marie D Padawannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 2000
    Great story, I like it a lot!

Marie
    yeah, real descriptive ain't I?

25. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    Just found this tonight- LOVE IT!!
    Have you figured out what to do about Luke/Mara/Han/Leia yet? I have an idea I've played with before, but it'd require Anakin to leave the Jedi (without going DS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.