main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin Skywalker survived the battle of Endor?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mon Calamari, Aug 13, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mon Calamari

Mon Calamari Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 1999
    Anyone can start this because I have to get off the computer soon. Have fun!

2. tabhwd

tabhwd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 1999
    is that like the first sentence of a joke, or something?

3. The Great One

The Great One Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    Then Anakin and Luke would have opened up their own chicken restaraunt known as Courusant Fried Chicken (CFC)

4. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    You have a choice about where this goes.

(a)Vader doesn't leave the moon. He captures Luke, then sends him up. He gets off the moon just before the generator blows in one of those shuttles.

(b)He doesn't get hurt when he picks up the Emp.

(a) Pretty much means that he stays evil
    (b) He turns to the light, and helps Luke train new Jedi. We'd also have a Leia problem in there...She hasn't exactly forgiven her father.

5. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    "....he surrendered to our men. He was armed only with this."
    The soldier held out the lightsaber to Darth Vader. Vader took it and the soldier signaled for the stormtroopers to leave.
    Vader began walking back towards his ship. Luke followed, his hands bound in front of him.
    "I see you have constructed a new lightsaber."
    "You could turn back to the light, Father."
    Vader turned to look at his son. "Anakin Skywalker is long dead, my son. It is time for you to accept your destiny."
    Luke suppressed a shudder."I will never join you."

I realize that this isn't how it goes, but if Vader turns back to the light, then some previous conversations must be different....besides, I'm doing this from memory.

The Sith Lord Darth Vader and his son Luke Skywalker rode in the shuttle up to the Death Star in silence.
    The pilot seemed unfazed shuttling Darth Vader to the station. He had confidence in his abilities, and it seemed that Darth Vader did as well.
    The pilot keyed in the comm signal to the Death Star. "Shuttle Glory carrying Lord Vader an-" the pilot hesitated for a moment, then at a glance at Luke, continued
    saying,"and prisoner requesting permission to land."
    There was a moment of silence over the comm, then a voice said,"Acknowledged Glory. Hangar deck 113a is prepared for your arrival."
    "Copy that, Death Star."
    The young pilot followed the beacon to the right hangar.
    He set them down in the middle of the deck, and shut down the engines. He then stood, turned to Lord Vader and said,"The shuttle has landed s-"
    "I can see that, pilot!" Vader snapped.
    "Come, Skywalker," Vader said, gesturing towards the prisoner.
    The pilot stood at attention as Lord Vader and...Skywalker...left.
    Skywalker? I wonder...Oh, man, that was the guy who blew up the first Death Star! My chances of getting out of here alive just plummeted....
    The pilot went to the cockpit to make sure that Lord Vader was out of eyesight, and turned on the comm.
    "Ah, shuttle Glory requesting permission to return to the planet."
    All was silent for a moment, then a voice said,"Negative, pilot. Your new orders are to get suited up and get yourself to your TIE."
    The pilot inhaled sharply. "We expecting company from the rebels?" he asked innocently.
    "That is none of your business, pilot! Now get to your ship!" the voice ordered.
    "Ah, acknowledged...sir! Yes, sir I'm on my way..."

Vader stood before the Emperor with the boy's lightsaber extended towards him. The emperor took it, and said,"I see you have constructed a new lightsaber, young
    Skywaker."
    Luke stood straighter and look out the viewport towards the stars.
    "I will never join you."
    Palpatine cackled with glee. "Don't be so sure, Jedi."

Leia knew something was wrong, but she couldn't put her finger on it.
    Of course, lots of things were going wrong, she thought wryly.
    The trail the Ewoks had taken them down led to a mudpit, and, although they seemed to enjoy wading through it, the Rebels didn't have the time clean themselves off.
    So, they'd been forced to backtrack about 2 kilometers, and had nearly been captured again by Imperial stormtroopers
    when one of the ewoks stumbled onto some wild berries, and had begun squealing with delight over them.
    Leia smiled grimly. The ewok had promptly been shot at by some of the troopers, and had taken off toward the
    village. It had provided a distraction for Han and Madine to shoot the other troopers.
    As they neared the "back door" Leia let her thoughts drift for a moment. Was Luke okay? Well, the answer to that was no. He had left earlier that morning for the shield generator, intending to get himself captured so he could face his father. His father. Her father.
    Leia shook herself. Vader was not her father. Bail Organa had been her father, and she would never forgive Vader for destroying Alderaan.
    Han turned around and said in a low voice,"We're there. Leia, come over here..."

You have reached the end of this post....if desperate for m

6. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999
    BEEEEEEPP! Must ... read .... more

BTW, this is a neat topic, it's a wonder no one thought of it before.

7. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Anybody else like it?

8. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    NO!!

Just kidding, it's pretty good actually.

9. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Ah, the things I do when I should be doing schoolwork...don't try this at home, kids

The emperor watched Luke as he stood staring out the viewport. Young fool. I took his father, I can take him. The emperor turned to Vader.

?Return to the planet, and await my orders,? he said.

Vader?s breath seemed to halt for a moment. ?My master, what is to become of the boy??

Luke turned around to face Vader. He looked a bit pale, after having realized that
    his friends were flying into trap.

The emperor shook his head. ?What happens to him is of no consequence to you. Now go.?

Luke looked into his father?s face. If he wants my loyal servant to intercede for him, he?s going to be disappointed. The emperor smiled inwardly at the thought. I will strike the boy down if he grabs his lightsaber.

Vader took one last look at his son, and made his way out.

The emperor turned his attention back to Skywalker. ?And now, my young apprentice, we will begin your training.?

Vader stopped at the entrance to the turbolift. Palpatine?s personal guards stood on either side of the door. In one fluid motion, Vader unhooked his lightsaber, and slashed a guard in half. The one on his left had enough time to jump back a foot, but Vader quickly skewered him in the midsection.

The emperor will not be so quick to dismiss me next time, he thought grimly. This will not be easy, but I must destroy the emperor....getting rid of me will be his last mistake.

Vader turned around and watched the emperor. He was angry at what Vader had done, that was obvious, but he was not surprised. If Vader was going to make a move against the emperor, he would not want any witnesses.

The Sith Lord watched as his apprentice Darth Vader kicked the bodies of the Red Imperial Guards down into the reactor of the Death Star.

Luke saw that he was distracted and reached out with the force for his lightsaber. He took a few steps back from the throne, and hurried down the steps.

The emperor stood, and through bolts of blue force lightning at him. Vader stood the end of the gangway, then, as if committing himself, strode across towards the emperor.

For Vader, time seemed to slow. For the third time in his life he was facing an almost certain death by one of his masters.

In his mind, he could hear Obi-Wan Kenobi telling him that the path he was following would lead to destruction. He could hear him clearly saying, If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine.... Vader tried to shake these memories from his mind, but Anakin Skywalker, that pitiful excuse for a man that he had started out life as, somehow wanted him to see it. Vader struggled to keep his mind on the present, but his thoughts kept drifting towards the past. He remembered, so many years ago, racing pods on Tatooine. He remembered old Watto, his Toydarion master. He could see in his mind his old friends...and his mother. If she hadn?t died, this wouldn?t have happened! he thought. Then, he remembered all the things he had done to himself; all the things that had brought him to the dark side, and he realized that it was all his fault. If only he had listened to Obi-Wan, if only he had remembered all that Qui-Gon had taught him during the short time they had known each other. If, if, if. If only Amidala....

Vader shook his head slightly. I could never blame her for anything...I?ve caused her more pain than the Neimoidians ever did...

Darth, it?s not to late, a voice whispered inside him. There is still hope for you. Help the boy.

Vader kept walking forward, toward the emperor. His thoughts became clearer as
    he decided what he was going to do.

Luke lay on the deck, writhing in pain, and crying out at the torture being inflicted on him. He saw the dark robed figure coming towards him, but he knew that it would be a futile effort to try to ward him off.

Vader quickly made his way up the steps to the emperor. His lightsaber, still
    activated, hummed with power. The emperor stopped his bombardment on Luke, and
    said to Vader, ?You served me well, Lord Vader.? Wit

10. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999
    Standing ovation ... that was really great writing !!

I await the next instalment with eager (albeit impatient) anticipation ...

11. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    write more please!!!!!!!!! i need to know!!!

*why does all the authors do this to me??*

12. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Luke lay on the deck, gasping for air. He reached out with the force, trying to sense something beyond Palpatine?s darkness. He drew on the force, trying to get some of his strength back. Suddenly, Luke felt someone using the light side. Carefully lifting his head, he looked over at Vader. He was blocking the lightning with his lightsaber, but who knew how long he could keep that up.

Luke could feel the turmoil within him. He had to destroy the emperor, but he didn?t want to use the dark side. Luke frowned, confused at the sudden turn of events. Has he turned? Is he no longer a Sith?

As if to answer his unspoken questions, the emperor said, ?For betraying me, you will die Skywalker!? He then gathered the dark side around him, and threw it at Vader/Anakin in the form of a ball of energy. Luke reached out for him, and pushed him away from it before it hit him. Luke stood up, and picked up his lightsaber.

?This fight is between you and me, Palpatine!? he said, staggering towards him.

Vader struggled to prop himself up on his elbows. He weakly shook his head. ?No....Luke, don?t....it?s my fight....?

Luke slowly shook his head. ?No, father. I will destroy him...?

The emperor watched this exchange in silence, with amusement dancing across his face. ?I will have one of you.? With that, he stepped back to his throne, and reached into a pocket. He pulled out a lightsaber, and pointed it towards Vader.

?Now, my friend, you will die.?

He walked over towards him, and activated his lightsaber. Luke turned his on, and threw himself at the emperor with a wordless yell. Palpatine easily used the force to throw him back.

Vader carefully stood up, and looked around for his lightsaber. He?d let go of it when Luke had thrown him....Ah, there it is....

Vader/Anakin stumbled over to it. The emperor walked over to him. Vader, with his back to him, picked it up. The emperor raised his lightsaber over his head and brought it down, intending to slice Vader?s head in half.

With his lightsaber in his hand, Vader didn?t feel so vulnerable. He felt the danger coming towards him, and, in one smooth motion, turned around, dragging the lightsaber through Palpatine?s midsection.

Palpatine?s lightsaber fell, and Vader quickly took a few steps to the right, and watched as Palpatine?s body fell forward. Knowing what would happen when Palpatine?s life force left him, Vader/Anakin gathered the last of his strength, and reached out to push the body over platform.

13. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999
    Y'know Lost in Coruscant you have this really irritating habit of finishing each segment just as it is getting so damn interesting !!!!!

Keep up the good work.

14. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Well, as long as it's interesting...

15. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Anakin leaned over the platform, watching the body of his former master fall, ultimately, to it?s destruction. Satisfied that Palpatine was dead, he turned to his son.

Luke lay slumped against the wall, his lightsaber in his hand. He seemed to be unconscious, but when Anakin approached him he opened his eyes.

?Is it over?? he asked, almost pleading that it was.

Anakin knelt down beside him. ?Yes, Luke. It?s over.?

He helped him stand up, and gradually they made their way to the turbolift. It didn?t open they approached it, so Anakin pressed the button. It still didn?t open.

?Here, let me try,? Luke said. He lifted up his hand and peeled off the metal plate that covered the wiring. After a few moments of studying the wires, he grabbed a handful of them, and ripped them out. ?Don?t need these...? He murmured.

Luke began unhooking some of the connections in the panel, and twisting some of the wires he had in his hand onto them. ?Just need to get some power to the door...? he explained weakly.

Suddenly, Palpatine?s throne started beeping. Luke and Anakin whirled around to
    face it, then glanced at each other. ?The emperor had a comm in his chair,? Anakin reminded him.

Luke turned back to the door. ?I don?t know what?s wrong with this thing. It just won?t open.? Luke sighed. ?It might be a good idea if you could keep up the charade of the emperor still being alive.?

Anakin shook his head. ?For the time being....? He made his way back up to the
    throne, then activated the comm.

?Your-er, Lord Vader, the rebels have destroyed the shield generator,? said a
    nervous voice. ?The admiral wants to know wh-?

?Tell the admiral to send the Star Destroyers back to the far side of the planet,? Anakin interrupted. ?The emperor has something special planned for them.?

The young comm officer hesitated. ?Lord Vader, the admiral says that the
    emperor wanted the fleet-?

?What the emperor wanted then is not what is needed now!? his voice boomed
    across the room. ?You will inform the admiral that he is to order the fleet away from the Death Star.?

?Ye-? Anakin deactivated the comm.

Luke looked up from what he was doing. ?We need to get out of here. Is there
    another way out of here??

Anakin walked over to Luke. ?No. Here, let me try...?

Anakin took the wires from Luke, and the door opened. ?What did you do??

?I don?t know...but there is more to this-?

Suddenly, klaxons and warning signals began to sound. The floor shook as if the station had been struck something very large. Luke and Anakin fell to the deck, and Anakin reached out, searching for what had caused it.

Anakin?s head snapped up. ?The Executor! It?s crashed into the station.?

?Come on Father! We need to get out of here before the rebels attack the main
    reactor.? Luke stood up then reached down to help him up.

Alright, you all know what happened in RotJ. That's pretty much what's going on so far with Leia and Lando. If someone would be so kind as to e-mail me, or post here which Rogue Wedge was, the names of the command officers on the Death Star, where Pelleaon was during the battle, the names of the other Rogue pilots (Did Tycho?) that went up against the Death Star and which one they were, I'd be grateful. If you're interested in doing the battle scenes, I'd be even more grateful. This is serious fan-fic, and I need someone that knows (Or can guess really well) how to do space battles.

[This message has been edited by Lost in Coruscant (edited 08-19-1999).]

16. Khab

Khab Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    I assume Wedge was Rogue Leader. I don't know the names of any other Rogues flying there, except maybe Janson and Hobbie, but that's just a guess. Tycho was in one of the A-wings that were ordered to draw off pursuit. He's the one who's face isn't seen.

17. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Also, at Endor they were called Red Squadron.

18. Jedi Jen

Jedi Jen Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 1998
    Moff Jerrjerrod (sp?) was in charge of building the Death Star 2. I don't know about command.
    Pellaeon was the cammander of the Chimaera[i/].

This is great so far! Keep writing. Maybe I'll jump in when I have some time.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Jen (edited 08-19-1999).]

19. Khab

Khab Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 1999
    Vader addressed Jerrjerrod as 'commander', so I assume he was in command.

Actually, Pellaeon was second in command of the Chimaera, but he took over when the captain was killed.

[This message has been edited by Khab (edited 08-20-1999).]

20. Lost in Coruscant

Mar 31, 1999
    Thanks for the info...

Now I just need to decide whether I should kill off Wedge Antilles or not.

21. Jedi Jen

Jedi Jen Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 1998
    Han Solo and Leia Organa were leading their strike team back to the *Tydirium* when Leia suddenly stopped, a strange, almost mystical sense of victory coming over her. Han skidded to a halt beside her, asking what was wrong.

"I don't know," she said distantly, tyring to focus on the sensation. "I feel like some crucial...turning point just went our way."

"Well, sweetheart," Han responded wryly, "most people tend to feel that way after winning a major battle."

"No, I don't mean destroying the shield generator. It's something more...important, I guess."

Han looked at her, then up at the sky. "The Death Star's still up there, you know."

Leia still looked a little dazed. "I know, but I still feel that somehow we've already won."

<You like? BTW, how do you do italics?>

22. Xarus

Xarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 1999
    sorry, Internet Explorer screwed up someway, and I couldn't see my complete post, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Xarus (edited 08-22-1999).]

23. Xarus

Jun 22, 1999
    ...damn you Internet Explorer!!!!!

//Xarus

24. Xarus

Jun 22, 1999
    There was a frantic activity in the hangar bay as the two Skywalkers entered. Several of the commanding officers prepared to evacuate, knowing that the Death Star was doomed they were fleeing like rats from a sinking ship. Taking little notice of them, Anakin walked towards his shuttle. Luke was pushed before him, again wearing the handcuffs placed upon him on the forest moon, giving the appearance of him being Vader's prisoner. This proved to be unneccesary however, none of the Imperials seemed to take notice of them. The Force was indeed with them.

Aboard the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Home 1 Admiral Ackbar couldn't believe his eyes. The Imperial Fleet was fleeing from the battle! He did not know the reason for this strange behavior, but he would be a fool not to take advantage of it.

-"All ships, engage fleeing Star Destroyers from behind. Concentrate you fire just above the exhaust ports," his deep voice ordered.

Most ships had weak or no shields in those areas due to the interference that exhaust energy had on electronics, Imperial Star Destroyers were no exception to that rule, the designers had simply not imagined that a ship commander would turn his back on the enemy like that. The armor was strong enough to take fighter blasters, but not capital ship turbolasers. Soon the Imperials controlled withdrawal became a panicked frenzy, several Star Destroyers were lost before they decided to make the jump to hyperspace and safety. The Battle of Endor was over.

Luke looked at his father with awe as Anakin skillfully piloted his personal shuttle trough the battle debris. It was very clear where Luke's own piloting skills came from. That brought up a question that had been gnawing on his mind since childhood, he just had to ask.

-"Father, what was my mother like?"

Anakin turned his black mask towards Luke, clearly surprised by that question. He hesitated for a moment, then answered.

-"Luke, your mother was the most beautiful woman ever to be born. When I first saw her as a young boy, I thought that she was an angel, and in some ways I was right. Her name was Amidala, and she was the Queen of the planet Naboo."

-"A Queen? Does that mean that..." Anakin cut him off with a wave of his hand.

-"Ask again later my son. Ask me again so that your sister can hear it," his voice trembled slightly, barely audible "What is she like, your sister? When I've faced her before, it has been as a nemesis, not as a father. I have had her and her friends tortured, I have helped in destroying her homeworld. How could she be willing to forgive for my crimes, how could anyone forgive me?"

-"I have forgiven you, father, and so will others. It was Darth Vader who commited these crimes, Darth Vader the Sith Lord, not Anakin Skywalker the Jedi. In the end you prevailed and turned from the Dark Side. People will understand this and learn to respect you for your deeds as a Jedi."

-"I hope you're right my son, I hope you're right."

What do you think? Is this acceptable?

//Xarus

25. JediZuke

JediZuke Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 1999
    Acceptible! Acceptible!! It's bloody brilliant that's what it is. (Using the Force) "Now write more !!!"

To the top ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.