main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin Skywalker was the same age as Queen Amidala in Episode 1? -- PART 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediPadme, Jan 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel Lover

Angel Lover Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2000
    cool.gif Wish ya would post!!!!!!

2. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    The post will be up tonight!! It is 99.999%finished! I figured I'd better finish before I got out of state and not be able to post it for a week.

This upcoming story post'll probably be the last one in this thread. After my post we'll be making a four to five year time jump to the future to further things along, and that will be in a whole new thread, which will be opened with new story posts from JediPadme and Alpha_Ferdante.

Glad to see people are still reading.

3. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    "That will be all, Sabé."

Amidala gently closed the heavy wooden door to her quarters as her last handmaiden finally left, leaving her alone at last.

When the latch had clicked comfortingly shut, she exhaled a deep breath, sagging against the door for a few moments.

Alone at last. Finally.

As a Queen she was accustomed to long, dreary days of nothing but paperwork and enduring small talk with politicians and interplanetary officials, and not spending more than twenty seconds alone at any given time. It was the norm.

But today had been far worse than usual? and accustomed didn?t necessarily mean liked. In the wake of Naboo's occupation and the beginning of the recovery thereof, there were even more issues that she was required to address along with the routine mundane tasks.

There was the matter of the cleaning up and disposal of the hulks of the Trade Federation's inactive invasion droids, and the subsequent pollution of the landscape caused by their chemicals and byproducts seeping out into the lush ground. The rebuilding of the Naboo space forces lost in the final battle. The restoring and rebuilding of buildings scarred or destroyed the weapons fire of droids and starfighters. And, the task she liked least of all due to the grimness of it, the personal letters of condolence and consolation to the loved ones of the ones who had given their lives in the struggle to regain Naboo's freedom.

And now there was the matter of dealing with the planet's dwindled food supply. Naboo imported a large deal of its food supply (the Federation had been keenly aware of this) and the blockade had imposed a shortage of those foods to the Naboo people. And then there was the virtual starving of her people in the prison camps, which had only worsened the situation and the health of her people... what little Naboo had had left had to be as evenly distributed as possible across the population, and transports were arriving daily at the planet with resupply, but it was still a problem. A problem she had to contend with. Because even the resupply might stop if she couldn't find a way to get the planet's economy going again-- money was needed to pay for all the food and repairs (the Republic's planetary aid funds had curiously been diverted elsewhere and were unavailable, another addition to the growing list of dislikes Amidala was holding for the Republic). And without the money to pay for those imports... they'd face yet another food shortage.

She slid along the door slowly to the floor, where she gratefully removed? with some effort? and cast aside the monstrous hulking gold royal headpiece of the day. It landed somewhere off to her side (she didn?t particularly care where), where it hit the carpeted floor with a satisfying thud.

She dragged her gaze to the far side of her lavishly furnished room, hoping to see something that would draw her mind's focus away from her work for a moment. There was, of course, nothing. Not even a sunset to gaze out the window at.

It?s better to have company for watching something like that anyway...

She sighed and reached a hand up to the back of her head, uncoiling the long braid to spill into chocolate waves down her back. She shook her head around a few times to fully loosen the hair, and lay her head back against the door again. When her hand was coming down again it brushed something small and smooth hanging around her neck, yet still possessed of its own warmth.

A smile grew on her face, as thoughts and memories of the individual who?d given her the pendant began to pervade her mind. Now, this is a pleasant distraction...

The warmth spread to her heart and thoughts as she closed her small white fist around Anakin Skywalker's japor snippet, still hanging around the same worn strand it always had? she could easily have chosen a more extravagant chain, but this seemed to... fit so much better.

Her mind going for the first time in several weeks back to those brief, carefree and happy moments with the Tatooine boy, the smile widened. She sighed and caressed the small pendant,

4. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Yeah baby!

I love reading this post!

Ah, the tension builds now!

5. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh, that was cute. Amidala's feelings were very realistic, and you depicted her being in a "trap" very well.

My computer didn't want to show this last night mad.gif and then the page was giving out errors...and it wouldn't let me post here or anywhere else..."ahem".

Well, I'm glad I finally got to read it.

Can someone make the page thinner? (I thought it was me that made it so wide, that's why I edited) It's kind of hard to read.

Good luck with this thread.

6. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    Like der story, ja.

7. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
  8. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    ::hops in with a big flourish:: whee!

*silence*

Ah. Well. I'm back And YES! I have written!

::and there was much rejoicing:: Yea.

But no, I'm not posting it yet.

::rejoicing stops::

Really, we have much in store for all of you!

Personal junk you may or may not be interested in: yea! I'm a college student! ::does happy dance, then promptly falls back on the bed and goes to sleep because it is in fact 4:02 AM here in CA at the minute, and please excuse this entire post because you can't really expect a person to be all there or quite normal at 4:03 AM...::

zzzzzzzzzz.......

9. Darth Jigglypuff

Darth Jigglypuff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2000
    Pokes Jedi padme till she wakes up!
    why arent u postin ? we need fic!!
    Wb btw and yay for u !!!
    Passes ani/ami cake and dusts of couch
    sits down and waits for more

great posts guys I've been lurkin for a bit but i love them!!!! ^_^
    back though
    so i demand a post!!

War lord Jigglypuff

10. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Up!!!

JP, Alpha... are we still planning to go ahead and start a new thread? (I know I could email you guys, but I figure as long as I'm upping the thread, why not here) I know JP had planned to put up her piece first... but, I know college can be a little hectic, so she's excused for a teensy, teensy bit.

Congrats JP! *raises Dr Pepper glass in a toast over Jigglypuff's lovely A/A cake*

11. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Yes, we're still planning on a new thread.

Sorry A21. I've already put in about 55 hours this week with tomorrow left to go. My brain's kind of fried from work.

12. JediPadme

May 25, 1999
    ::hops up and down excitedly:: I'm here, I'm here! My little starter bit is ready to go if we're ready to move on to the next section.

::has her OLC Les Mis CD blasting:: Aaahh... its been way too long since I listened to this I love having the house to myself

13. JediPadme

May 25, 1999
    ooooooooh... this is so much more confusing... ::grabs the WIASWTSAA... thread and gives a mighty pull to drag it to the top of the heap of threads:: Okay, yea! I wanted to drag this up even though I'm starting the new thread really really soon :)

14. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Really soon? How soon is that? :-D

Anyway, uppers. :) BTW, your piece isn't too long for the word limit-per post, is it, JP? It would suck horribly if part of the piece got cut off, like some of the other long story posts. :(

15. Tsunami

Tsunami Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2000
    *Hummmms softly while waiting for next post*

16. JediPadme

May 25, 1999
    Alrighty people, the time has come. I'm going over to post the new thread. See you all there! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.