main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Anakin Skywalker was the same age as Queen Amidala in Episode 1? -- PART 2

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediPadme, Jan 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Okay. Update. I'm nearly finished with the next installment.

I want to finish it off and hopefully post within the next 48 hours.

Haven't forgotten you all. I'm just employed full time and work is incredibly busy (requiring late hours) right now.

2. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Coruscant, Jedi Academy

Ba?Chi Cekt, Jedi Padawan to Jedi Knight Mihar Verlin, watched as Anakin Skywalker walked by. His meditation was disturbed by the distinction sound of hurried and heavy steps. Normally, he?d return to the task at hand, knowing that his Master would wish it. But despite the imagined voice of his Master, telling him to return to his meditation, he wanted to see what Anakin was up to.

Like the other Padawans, they were introduced to Anakin Skywalker and told that he?ll be trained as a Jedi. It?s nothing new to have met a new Padawan. But now a 16 year old one. He immediately asked his Master why anyone as old as Anakin was allowed to train. Mihar had spoken to him in her usual quiet and patient way, telling him that Anakin was special. He had special gifts and was unique. They all heard of his success against the Trade Federation Droid Control ship. They were all impressed by his feat.

But Ba?Chi knew that deep inside almost every Padawan was a certain sense of envy. They heard the tale of his piloting and even his podracing. They heard it until they memorized every line. ?He was gifted in the Force,? they?d say. Not all the Padawans believed that, though. They had a lot to learn about the Force, but Ba?Chi believed some luck was involved.

He sighed, as he remembered Master Mihar?s gentle admonishment to him that it wasn?t luck but the ?will of the Force.?

Well, he?d seen Anakin during training. Anakin absorbed a lot, but he showed impatience. Impatience that most of the other Padawans learned to control a long time ago. At times Anakin was reckless. Yet, he always worked through it and still accomplished his exercises with amazing results. Ba?Chi couldn?t believe that was entirely the ?will of the Force?. Not when Anakin didn?t calm himself long enough to let it call him.

He knew he shouldn?t feel this way about Anakin. Afterall, Anakin had grown up in a strange environment and left home with all its familiarity. He couldn?t completely understand that. He?d practically been raised at the Jedi Temple, even though he?d see his parents. But he could understand that for Anakin it might be difficult.

Still, something compelled Ba?Chi to follow Anakin, having to quicken his step quite a bit, just so he didn?t lose sight of him.

He watched as strode towards one of the Academy?s Communications Centers. Padawans were allowed access, with their Master?s permission, in order to send messages to loved ones. The more experienced Padawans had the ability to send external communications from their quarters.

Ba?Chi watched in surprise as Anakin entered the room. It was unheard of for a new Padawan to enter the Communications Center without his Master. Ba?Chi had seen Obi-Wan Kenobi leave the Academy awhile ago, heading towards his quarters. He doubted that Obi-Wan was in the Center.

What?s he going to do? Ba?Chi wondered. He stood in place, a fair distance from the entrance, filled with uncertainty. Should he tell Anakin that the Center was off limits to Padawans? Almost every Padawan is told that from the beginning.

They wouldn?t make an exception for Anakin on this too, would they?

Anakin entered the Communications Center, unaware of the fact that he was watched. His mind was focused on one simple task. All he could think about was sending a message to Amidala. He had to tell her that he was restricted from communications but still cared.

Frustration was riding him hard. He was beyond logical thought. All he cared about was sending her a message.

Thankfully the room was empty. His effort would have ended quickly if another Jedi were in the room. He had a ready response prepared to deliver if the room wasn?t empty. He knew that he?s not allowed to send external communications. At least not without his Master around. Obi-Wan had made that clear.

But Obi-Wan didn?t understand him. He didn?t understand the love that Amidala and he shared for each other. He had tried to comfort Anakin about their separation, but Anakin was convinced that Obi-Wan just didn?

3. Darth Jigglypuff

Darth Jigglypuff Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2000
    Great post AF
    can't wait for more!!!

4. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Great work, Alpha!

Uppers....

5. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    WHAT are you doing on page 5?

Gals, we need to finish planning....

6. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Up!!

Is there more coming soon (I hope, I hope)?

Death to the triangle!!

7. Darth Jigglypuff

Jan 9, 2000
    VIVE LA ANI/AMI FIC!!!!!!

8. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes, I want more too!

9. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Mabuhay si Ani/Ami!

I'll email the other authors today to see what we can get done.

10. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Yes, more soon PLEASE!

11. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Okay, here's is a tempting morsal.

I am working on this piece-by-piece. Work's been hectic for the past 2-3 weeks, requiring a lot of time from me.

FYI, this piece is not Ani/Ami but some character building background on Obi-Wan.

FYI, I am an Obi-Wan fan but NOT a fan of the love triangle. I'm also a big fan of a strong Obi-Wan/Anakin bond.

Anyway, here it goes:
    Coruscant, Jedi Academy - Obi-Wan and Anakin's quarters

Obi-Wan was waiting in his quarters wondering when Anakin would return from his meditative studies. His completed his own meditation only half an hour ago and still felt troubled over his Padawan.

He hadn't wanted to leave Anakin alone with his thoughts. He knew that Anakin was bothered over his inability to contact Amidala. He'd felt passion like that once. His face took on a wistful look as he thought about her. Aram J'Chta, a fellow Jedi long gone from his life now. She was beautiful. Beautiful and witty with a devil-may-care attitude that put her at odds with the Jedi teachings. He hadn't cared though. He found her personality fitting for her looks, glorious red hair, snapping green eyes. She captivated him soundly when he was a Padawan. He remembered Qui-Gon's reaction to his shocking attraction to Aram. Qui-Gon gave him the standard lecture that all Padawan's receive when their hormones kick in. But Obi-Wan felt that, secretly, Qui-Gon was pleased. Perhaps Obi-Wan's desire for her demonstrated a certain amount of passion that seemed like a foreign concept to his usual solemn countenance.

He smiled as he recalled how thoroughly entranced he'd been. He recalled how difficult the meditation sessions became. He had always been a serious person. He was a very serious Jedi Padawan, eager to learn and eager to please. He followed the Jedi code almost to a fault. Qui-Gon had always advised him not to worry about questioning the different teachings. He almost seemed puzzled when Obi-Wan would accept many of the edicts with little hesitation.

He recalled vividly how strongly he felt against the Jedi response to his romance with Aram. He couldn't understand why the Jedi wouldn't allow to people so obviously in love with one another to deny their feelings.

That was until he realized the folly of his thinking. His love for Aram compromised his training. His meditation exercises were less important or mostly focused on her. His thoughts would dwell on her while on missions with Qui-Gon. It was on one such mission that he came to realize how important the Jedi edict against Padawan romance was.

Qui-Gon and he were on a mission on Malastare, trying to bring order to a skirmish that arose only a few days before. The mission required Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to act as mediators to resolve an internal conflict on Malastare that threatened to envelope other planets in the Republic. During a critical point in the discussions, Obi-Wan found his thoughts dwelling on Aram and her well-being. She was on a Jedi mission as well. Obi-Wan immediately felt that something was wrong with her. Something had happened. His thoughts turned fearful and he bolted up in reaction, inadvertently yelling "No!". Qui-Gon had reached out to restrain him, pulling him back down. But Obi-Wan was beyond hearing his Master. His thoughts were on one person and she was in danger, somehow, somewhere.

Obi-Wan shook his head, remembering. That incident had required extra days of their attention. Obi-Wan's outburst had troubled the Malastare delegates. It left them in doubt of the Jedi. Qui-Gon spent hours lecturing Obi-Wan, teaching him about controlling his emotions and centering his attention to the task at hand.

It turned out that Aram was, in fact, injured on her mission. The injuries she suffered were severe, but not fatal.

But Obi-Wan had come to realize how fatal his error of ignoring the Jedi code was. No matter how strongly he felt for her, and she for him, they could not ignore their training.

Obi-Wan and Aram had agreed to cool their passion for each other, to focus their

12. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Coruscant, Jedi Academy

Mace Windu walked back down the hallway leading to the Communications Center. He noticed Jedi Knight Mihar Verlin speaking quietly with her Padawan, Ba?Chi Cekt in one of the small alcoves.

He could overhear only part of their conversation as Mihar said, ?You acted responsibly coming to me, Ba?Chi. It is not your job to tell Obi-Wan. Anakin is responsible for that.?

Mace found himself intrigued enough to pause, hearing Ba?Chi respond, ?I wasn?t sure whether to take this up with Master Obi-Wan or you or go seek Anakin himself.?

Mihar responded, ?Seeking him out in the Center only would serve to get you into trouble along with Anakin. You saw him, along with I, walking towards his quarters with Master Windu. It would not do for you to find yourself in the same position.?

?But I would be able to explain it, Master.? Ba?Chi argued.

Mihar nodded, ?Perhaps. However, you would also risk angering Anakin while trying to convince him. He has much to learn about the Force and controlling his emotions. I would not want to see you in a situation you would find difficult to disengage from.?

?He is dangerous, isn?t he, Master??

Mihar shook her head, ?I would not describe him as dangerous, Ba?Chi. He?s unpredictable right now. He?s much older than the other Padawans who have a similar level of experience. His age and his life experiences make his training difficult. The Jedi life is not easy for any of us. But, we?ve grown up with it. All of this is being thrust upon Anakin very quickly. It?s bound to overwhelm anyone. I know it?s difficult, but we must try our best to have patience with him and help him to learn the right path to becoming a Jedi.?

Ba?Chi nodded, ?Yes Master, I?ll try.?

Mace was about to interject when Mihar added, ?No, Ba?Chi. You will do this. There is no ?try?.?

Mace smiled, thinking immediately of Yoda. It was his first response. He was pleased that Mihar saw fit to handle her Padawan. Obviously, Ba?Chi must have seen Anakin enter the Communications Center.

Mace brought himself back to attention and continued to walk towards the Center. Mihar and Ba?Chi noticed him walk by and formally greeted him.

?Good evening, Master Windu.? They said in unison.

?Good evening, Mihar. Ba?Chi. I trust all is well with you this evening??

Mihar answered, ?Yes, Master. All is well.?

Mace smiled and began walking again, ?Have a good night. May the Force be with you both.?

?May the Force be with you, Master Windu.?

Mace walked until he reached his destination and entered the Center.

He walked past the communications terminals and noted the one flashing a small red light. He sat down at the terminal and accessed the database. Sure enough, Anakin had recorded a message to Amidala.

Mace did not take the time to listen to the message. It was private and best left alone.

He had placed a secret program to intercept messages to Naboo from all Jedi communications terminals just in case Anakin would act rashly and send a message. It gave him a couple hours to intercept any outgoing message and delete it, if necessary.

Instead, he simply deleted the message, halting its delivery to the Queen of Naboo.

13. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Coruscant, Jedi Academy - Obi-Wan and Anakin's quarters

Anakin stepped into the room and immediately noticed Obi-Wan at the far end of it. His immediate response was dread.

Why couldn't he be in his own room, so I could at least gather my thoughts? Even if only for a moment.

Anakin knew that nothing was going easily for him lately.

He took a deep breath and approached Obi-Wan, "Good evening, Master."

Obi-Wan smiled, "Good evening, Anakin."

Anakin had come to stand next to Obi-Wan, with one of the windows overlooking a courtyard in front of him. He stood with his hands clasped behind his back and looked intently outside, an almost resolute look was on his face.

Obi-Wan would normally attribute such a posture to indicating confidence and authority. But he sensed a definite nervousness from Anakin.

Obi-Wan asked, "Something is troubling you, Anakin?"

Anakin looked briefly at Obi-Wan, then out the window again, only to drop his head and sigh. Anakin suddenly felt the folly of his ways. He was almost certain that confessing his deed to Obi-Wan would certainly hurt their new Master/Padawan relationship. He dreaded destroying Obi-Wan's trust by telling him about his communication to Naboo.

But Anakin knew that any attempt to mask the truth of his actions would only lead to more trouble. If he wasn't in an area full of Jedi he might think of a good tale to tell. Trouble was, he's surrounded by Jedi, all of them capable of sensing that something was wrong. He knew they couldn't sense exactly what he thought, but they'd know something was wrong with him because he would be lying. He's never really lied. He never saw any reason to in his life, so he never learned the fine art of it. He recalled that some of his friends were rather good at it, managing to escape scoldings and such. Anakin always felt that it was too much work; unproductive work. He'd have to remember all the twists and tales he'd made up. So, he always chose never to lie.

Obi-Wan turned to face Anakin. He put his hand on Anakin's shoulder and gave him a reassuring squeeze.

"Anakin, please, whatever it is, tell me."

Anakin sighed, knowing that the moment was at hand.

He turned to face Obi-Wan, "I have something to tell you Master. Something that you are not going to like."

14. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Woo-hoo!! Multiple updates! Glad to see this story rolling once again.

Great work, A-F (and anybody else who contributed).

15. Darth Jigglypuff

Jan 9, 2000
    Yay!!! great updates, more soon!! and I'm angsting over whats going on with Ami at the moment!!

16. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    Yipeeee! More posts!
    And they're all excellant!Good Job Alpha_Ferdante!

17. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Here's more.

I'll finish with Anakin's ending thoughts in the next day or so. We want to put some of Amidala's thoughts before we take a 4 year time jump to find them both at age 20.

Coruscant, Jedi Academy ? Obi-Wan and Anakin?s quarters

Obi-Wan couldn?t fathom what Anakin was about to tell him. He forced calmness through himself, drawing on his inner strength. He hoped to convey some of that calmness to Anakin, who looked like he needed a bit of it.

Anakin felt Obi-Wan send a wave of the Force towards him, as it enveloped him with a sense of calm. Somehow, though, it made his confession more difficult. His Master was trying to soothe him. Would he still feel the same after Anakin told him what he?d been caught doing?

Anakin took a breath and then spoke, ?Master, I was meditating in the garden, the one with the fountain, working on my exercises. I found it difficult to concentrate.?

Obi-Wan nodded, ?I know Anakin. I saw you---?

?You saw me? When?? Anakin interrupted him.

Obi-Wan raised his hand in a gesture to quiet Anakin, ?Let me finish, Anakin.?

Anakin realized his impatience, once again, got the best of him, ?I?m sorry Master.?

Obi-Wan continued, ?I saw you in the garden, deep in your thoughts. You looked upset. I was about to join you when Master Windu halted me. He told me to let you handle your issues today, that we?ll focus on helping you control your feelings with special exercises tomorrow. I did not want to leave you alone, but thought it would be better if I returned here and waited for you.?

Anakin listened to Obi-Wan, feeling a little suspicious over the mention of Master Windu.

If he was talking to Obi-Wan while I was meditating, did he follow me out of the garden and into the Communications Center, too. Had he been spying on me the whole time?

Anakin wasn?t sure about the answer. He couldn?t believe that if Mace were watching him the whole time that he?d actually let Anakin enter the Center, much less record and send a message.

Obi-Wan watched Anakin?s face reflect puzzlement. He felt certain that Anakin was thinking only of Queen Amidala. But he also sensed there was more to Anakin?s story.

?Anakin, I sense you have more to say.?

Anakin nodded, ?Master, after awhile, I couldn?t focus my thoughts. I couldn?t help but think that someone was waiting for a message from me, however brief. I know that Padawans aren?t supposed to send communications outside the Academy but all I needed was just one simple note, saying that I arrived and was okay.?

Obi-Wan understood who that ?someone? was. He wanted to send a message to Queen Amidala.

Obi-Wan gently grasped Anakin?s shoulders with both hands, ?Anakin, I understand. I truly do.?

Anakin looked doubtful. He couldn?t believe that his solemn Master understood anything about the love that Amidala and he shared. It wasn?t possible for anyone to comprehend their close bond.

Obi-Wan sensed Anakin?s skepticism, ?I know you doubt me, Anakin. I?m sure I come across as too serious to comprehend your feelings for the Queen. But you?re wrong. I do understand them. I felt them myself.?

Anakin asked in surprise, ?You have? When??

Obi-Wan smiled, and turned to gaze out the window, ?About ten years ago now. She was a Padawan, like me, though older than me by a few years.?

Obi-Wan sighed, ?She was beautiful. She had the sharpest wit and quickest mind of any Jedi I knew. She loved a challenge and was always up for daring missions or intriguing Jedi games when at the Academy. She was everything I was not. I was completely captivated by her.?

Anakin looked at Obi-Wan in amazement. His Master?s face reflected the love that he held for this woman. His gaze looked so wistful, it was almost painful for Anakin to watch. He wondered where this female Jedi was. He tried to recall the female Jedi he?d met and whether any of them triggered more than simple courtesy from Obi-Wan. He was certain he hadn?t met her.

Obi-Wan chuckled for a moment, ?Master Qui-Gon was sec

18. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    The Anakin's thoughts update, from me, should be posted tomorrow.

Then I'll be busy all weekend showing the dogs in agility and having a grand old time enjoying the beautiful weather outdoors.

19. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    Love it, Alpha! Great work on the Ani/Obi interaction. Look forward to the next piece, even though it means that the ball will be back in my court....

And WHAT was this doing buried under all those icky pages? Up, I say, up now! Up, up, up!

20. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    please post more! I absolutely love this thread!

21. grand moff sedriss

grand moff sedriss Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 1999
    Alright! Who hid that luv triaangle bomb inside the ani+ami microwave! I have all this disgusting triangle ash on me now. Yuk!

22. grand moff sedriss

grand moff sedriss Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 1999
    I'm back! I think i will write something about Ami, just for you all to get a taste for my style. If it messes anything up, I can just edit!

Sabe, Elia, and Rafena slowly crept into Amidala's chambers, holding a marble carbing as tall as the three of them put together.

"Do you think she will appreciate it?" Sabe asked. Rafena rolled her eyes and helped her to set it up on the far side of the room.

"How could she want a present that was given to her when the giver was away?" muttered she, giving the other two handmaidens a beautiful blue cloth to drape over the figure.

The three handmaidens crept out,taking care not to wake the sleeping queen. Only 30 seconds before Jurunongozu.

When Amidala awoke that morning, she was amazed. In front of her bedstand was a life-size holorecording of Anakin, which had started the very second she woke up.

"My love,this gift has been given to you in the event that my communications are being jammed. I have included what I beleive you should see the Jedi temple as. Remember that when this exists, I still love you. When my love for you stops, this shall no longer exist. Keep your beautiful life running and I shall keep mine." With that the holo-recording faded out, and and audio recording of a poem in some ancient language began to play, then escalate into a music box song.

But all the while, Amidala was filled with both sadness and happiness at the same time. Her love for anakin made something amazing happen.The blue cover on the statue began to lift up, and slowly flew away out the open window, drifting, farther and farther away.

But what Amidala saw then stopped all her tears. There was a statue of the jedi temple, and next to it, a garden, created out of miniature little shrubs and flowers by Anakin.

She was so amazed by what she saw, she ignored the fact that she had just used the force to lift that cloth away. She had just come up with a reason to go to that temple, and had thrown it away. Her last link to Anakin was right in front of her....

23. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Alright! Who hid that luv triaangle bomb inside the ani+ami microwave! I have all this disgusting triangle ash on me now. Yuk!

I think you have the wrong thread.

No triangle stuff is in our stories. None!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm back! I think i will write something about Ami, just for you all to get a taste for my style. If it messes anything up, I can just edit!

grand moff, I don't mind you adding to the story, but three of us are currently working on it, via email right now.

Part of your addition directly conflicts with our future plans for this story.

I would ask that you please edit your story and email us.

My email is macduff@thedoghousemail.com

I'm not discouraging you, just telling you to contact us via email first.

24. Alderaan21

Jul 24, 1998
    What luuuv triangle bomb? No one in this thread can stand the possibility of that, let alone actually contaminating ourselves with something involved with it! (which reminds me, I read the new post in the huge LT thread... I need to sterilize myself. I feel incredibly disgusted and icky.) [ot] Can't believe someone started a new thread just to advertise that the LY author had finally posted another story post. She may be good, but she's no more deserving of special promotion than any of the other authors here. Jeez.[/off topic]

Umm, nice post sedriss, you have a good style, and it's always great to see another anti-triangle-ite. I don't mind you writing for the thread, either. But as Alpha said, you *really* should email the three of us if you want to do anything to the story... I think one of us even mentioned that to you before. I've already got a section of Amidala thoughts planned for pretty soon, and your story contradicts a lot of what will go in it, as well as some future plot points.

25. JediPadme

JediPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 1999
    OH. Um, yea, what they said...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.