main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT what if anakin was not trained what would happen .

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jeremy page, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Jeremy page

Jeremy page Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2014
    what if Anakin was never trained what do you think would have happened .

2. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    He would've eventually caught the eye of Sidious. He would most likely have had Shmi killed and he would have kidnapped Anakin. We would have had a much younger Lord Vader.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Possibly nothing. Sidious could not find Luke or Leia. Luke was on Tatooine just like his Father and was never found by the Sith. Thus it is reasonable to believe that Palpatine would never have found Anakin.

4. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    In the ROTS novel Obi-Wan tells Padme that the prophecy of the Chosen One does not specify that he must be a Jedi in order to fulfill his destiny. So with that in mind, one could imagine that Anakin could have at least potentially not been trained or could have done something completely different with his life, but eventually would have still had the opportunity at some point in time to restore "the balance."

5. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I think Anakin may have been groomed to fulfill a prophecy he was never meant to fulfill. If you are taught long enough that you are the chosen one and you believe it, then you might do self fulfilling prophecy. Then there is the age old debate is Anakin or Luke brought balance to the Force.

Anakin had the potential to be a great Jedi. Had he not been told he was special, maybe he would have turned out differently. You have no reason for discontentment if you are expected to be ordinary. I think the Council put too much stock in Qui-Gon's claims and the Prophecy itself.

6. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    I think though that had Anakin not been found by Qui-Gon, he would have kept on podracing, eventually becoming famous for it, thereby drawing the attention of Sidious.

7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    That is a reasonable conclusion. However, that would have to be verified by the fact that Sidious watched pod racers. All that we do know is he likes operas. I think the Jedi getting involved was the impetus upon which Anakin became known. Had Anakin not been freed and gone with Qui-Gon, he would not have been apart of the Battle of Naboo and thus earned recognition for his accomplishments (Palpatine actually says when he greets Anakin after the Battle of Naboo, "We will be watching your career with great interest.". Besides, the fact the Jedi decide to train Anakin was probably what drew Palpatine's attention. The Chancellor was likely watching the Jedi Order and seeing if any major Force Potentials came through on the Midi-chlorians scale of the Prophecy. Had Anakin been left on desolate Tatooine, it is possible that Sidious would not have found him, unless of course he was conducting a in depth search for the Chosen One, but there is not evidence of this in canon (I am sure EU/Legends has a tie in story).

8. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    The chosen one prophecy would never exist if anakin was never trained.

9. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    A prophecy is a prediction, more or less
    The Jedi Council even questioned Qui-Gon as to whether or not Anakin may be the Chosen One. It's impossible for the prophecy to suddenly not exist if they don't meet him.
    It's a case reminiscent of Russel's Teapot

Besides, as this post said -

11. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I like to think things would've turned out similar to his son. He'd have grown up, ceasing to be a slave at some point, and one way or another, he would've been found later in his life by Obi-Wan or the Jedi. He wouldn't have had to deal with being separated from his mom, and perhaps he could've saved her before the sandpeople took her. He may have been in a better place to begin his training and fulfill his destiny.

Or, he would've just lived out his life with no Jedi or Sith intervention. The Jedi would've kept waiting for the Chosen One. And Palpatine would still create the Empire.

Kato Sai likes this.
  12. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    I think the living the life of Luke is a plausible one I just think that palpatine would of got to him eventually if the Jedi didn't seek Anakin out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
  14. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I believe that the prophecy said that the chosen one would be born of the midichlorians? I believe that was part of the prophecy. That said person would destroy the Sith. So Anakin no doubt was the chosen one. But if he had been discovered or not is another story. I don't think it is ever stated that the chosen one will be discovered. If he was never discovered it would have been a prophecy gone unfulfilled. The Sith may have returned in the events of the PT but I don't think they would have faired well without Anakin.

15. Iron Lung

Iron Lung Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2015
    No that's Qui Gon's (and possibly the Jedi's) interpretation. we're never told the actual text. As RotS strongly implies that Anakin was actually created by the Sith (although it's left open for those that 'can't handle the truth') that would show him to be wrong.

Anyway, I don't think that Anakin could ever have not been trained. It was his destiny and Sidious had forseen it. Nonetheless, if we hypothesize that he didn't then it would have been a simple matter for Sidious to go get him as he presumably knew who he was and where he was all along. then he could've trained him as a Sith.

However that would've been useless. The whole point of his scheme is that Anakin becomes a renowned Jedi and is then in a position to betray them and discredit them. That is what Sidious has forseen and it is his plan all along. So Anakin has to be trained -it always had to happen.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  16. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah I agree with you that his destiny was to be trained as a Jedi or Sith. I forgot about that. Because destiny is a theme very much used in the SW universe. But I wonder if Palps knew about Anakin or just happen to find out about him after he was discovered? I have read the prophecy somewhere that someone posted a long time ago and from what I remember was that it was very vague in its description. Basically just one will be born strong in the force or born from the midichlorians(even though I believe it was a mistake that happened on the part of the Sith manipulating them) and that person will destroy the Sith. I wish I could find where I found that so I could post it. Probably Iron lord may have it. He usually has a lot of literarture or Darth Sinister may also have it. I hope someone has it to shed some light on what the prophecy is.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I like to think of random ways for Anakin to fulfill prophecy. Perhaps he works as a janitor on the Death Star, and forgets to put down a "wet floor" sign, so Sidious slips and falls down the reactor shaft to his death.

Perhaps Anakin is a bystander nearby when Sidious is discovered by the Jedi, who chase him on foot, screaming "Stop that Sith!", so Anakin sticks out his foot and trips Palpatine, who falls on his own lightsaber.

Shmi dies in some way, and for whatever reason Anakin determines that Palpatine was responsible, so he shows up at 500 Republic, and as Palpatine is walking out Anakin pulls a blaster and shoots Palpatine in the head.

After all, it was his destiny.

18. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm leaning towards the notion that Anakin was created by the Sith and that Palpatine knew about him before TPM.
    If that's the case, then Anakin would be trained no matter what, either as a Jedi or as a Sith.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    Yeah I hear what you are saying. But what is one thing that I don't understand is if he was created by the Sith, why didn't Palpatine train him from birth being that he was created by the Sith? Instead of him training Maul from birth?

20. Iron Lung

Iron Lung Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2015
    Because he needs someone to discredit the Jedi and lead the attack on the Jedi temple. Without that then he is clearly the villain and will lose his political credibility which he needs in order to make himself Emperor. It is Anakin that enables Sidious to make the transition from Chancellor to Emperor as without a renowned Jedi and war hero to testify to the Jedi's treachery that'll never happen. That's what he forsees being necessary and that's what Anakin was for.

Regarding the prophecy which you mentioned. Obviously the actual text is never in the movies so anything else I'd treat with a pinch (or maybe a container shipful) of salt. I think that the Sith interpret it differently. The jedi are clearly wrong about some things in it. Quite possibly the Sith think that it means that Anakin will be instrumental in them destroying the Jedi and from their POV that might appear to have come true during the events of RotS. As it happens the Jedi were actually right about the outcome but it occurred in a way that they had completely failed to forsee and involved them being virtually annihilated in the process, the galaxy taken over by the Sith and the Republic destroyed for a whole generation.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    He would also have eventually been able to buy his and his mother's freedom.

22. Andy Wylde

Jun 26, 2014
    I see that now. Thanks for reminding me of the fact that he needed to go on the faults of the Jedi. I completely forgot about that. But it would have been a nice mirror to the films if they had a Sith watching over Anakin as a youth like Ben did for Luke. But not really necessary either. Just a nice thought really. The prophecy is never mentioned by line in the films, true. But I would think that just for story purposes that it should be written somewhere just to know what it is exactly what the Jedi read and think it is they misinterpret. Because the prophecy does exist in the films. The Jedi think they misread it. It would be nice to see exactly what they seen. Though just bringing up the chosen one and destroying the Sith is more than enough in itself too.

23. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Interesting thought about Anakin being needed for Palpatine to retain his credibility. I don't think he really needed that, though. A holo recording of Mace and co pulling out their lightsabers in his office, coupled with his "scarred and deformed" body, would suffice.

Come to think of it, if Anakin was a product of a Sith manipulating the midi-chlorians, Palpatine likely didn't know where he was.
    Therefore, I withdraw my statement ;)

Andy Wylde likes this.
  24. Iron Lung

Iron Lung Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2015
    I'm not so sure that footage of the Chancellor suddenly drawing a lightsaber and revealing that he has the powers of a Sith Lord would do that much for his political cred either...

Surely that would just confirm the accusations of the Jedi.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    The footage after the treasonous Jedi pulled their lightsabers was unfortunately lost, but I assure you His Imperial Majesty's escape was most miraculous and indeed proof that the Force has forsaken the Jedi in favor of our Lord.

Iron Lung and Lulu_Mars like this.