main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Callista...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Callista Sunrider, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    And you accuse me of beating people up?

2. Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 18, 2000
    Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Is it just the two of us keeping this thread going now?

3. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Hey, I'd love to contribute guys, but I'm all out of ideas for battles or lightsaber duels! I'm waiting for the chance to write a romantic scene again *hehe* (a wedding, ahem )

4. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Hey, Jedi Callie! I'm just glad you didn't disappear off the face of the earth!

Don't worry about the action. Let US men handle that. You girls can do all the mush-mush stuff.

BTW, at Luke and Callie's wedding, are you going to use those vows you posted way back in the Callista Fans!!! (Again!!!) thread?

Here's some more...

---------------------------------------------

The Sith Witch laughed and ran after Callista, her lightsaber blazing with deadly power.

Callista managed to get up, dazed and in pain from the Force lightning. The Sith was upon her in seconds, and her lightsaber came down in a downward slash. Callista dodged the blow--just barely, though.

A split second later, the Sith spun and kicked Callista full in the gut. She followed with a backhand across the face, an uppercut to the jaw, then smashed the back of her fist into the Jedi's face. Callista reeled from the attack, even as the Sith snapped a kick to her chest. She then grabbed Callista by the hair and smashed her knee into her face.

As Callista toppled to the floor, the Sith Witch went over to retrieve her fallen lightsaber, giving Callista enough time to get up and regain some of her strength.

When the Sith turned to face her, Callista had moved in. She brought her foot up and brought it smacking back and forth across the woman's face. After four or five kicks, she tackled into the Sith, driving her into a pile of crates filled with weapons.

They were up seconds later, and faced each other again. Brandishing their lightsabers, they crossed blades again, hacking back and forth, no longer with finesse. This time, it was just plain brute force.

Callista slashed toward the woman's neck. Her opponent evaded it, then threw one of her own attacks. Callista, reacting with the Force, ducked beneath the double-blade, then kicked her foot against the Sith's heels, dumping her to the floor.

She stepped back as the Sith woman got back up. "Ready to give up?" Callista taunted.

The Sith Witch snorted. "You wish."

They continued fighting.

Kirana Ti brought out her lightsaber and switched it on. She gazed at Daala threateningly. "I take it you're not the real Daala," she said.

The HRD gave her a quizzical look. "What makes you think that?" she queried as she moved away from Leia's unconscious form.

"Two things," the Jedi pointed out. "Daala's too cowardly to come out in the heat of battle herself. And secondly, I can't sense any life in you. Even in a being as pathetic as Daala, I would've been able to detect something from her."

Daala chuckled. "Ouch. That hurt." She bent down next to Leia and unbuckled the woman's lightsaber. She flipped the switch, and a sky-blue blade sprang to life.

Kirana Ti's face hardened, and her muscles tensed. She was looking forward to this fight. "Careful with that saber," she said. "You could kill someone with that."

The HRD screamed, and charged wildly toward Kirana Ti, swinging the blade. Kirana Ti sidestepped and struck the hilt of her weapon against the small of "Daala"'s back, knocking her forth.

The HRD turned to face her, a look of rage on her beautiful face. Kirana Ti twirled the blade around to show off her skills. The droid seemed unintimidated.

Seconds later, she lunged forth.

Back on the Knight Hammer, the furious battle between Callista and the Sith Witch was reaching its conclusion.

The Witch moved in on the Jedi and struck the hilt of her saber across her face. Callista felt her jaw break under the impact, and she cried out in pain. Two more hits later, she was lying sprawled on the floor.

The Witch stood over her, a look of triumph on her face. She raised the blade, ready to deliver the final blow.

Her mind whirring, Callista called upon the Force, and her lightsaber sailed back into her hand. As the Sith brought the blade down, Callista slashed forth, the topaz beam slicing through one of the Sith's hands, cutting through flesh and bone like a knife through melted butter. The woman shrieked in

5. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Jedi15: *gasp* you must be psychic, because you just recreated the climactic scene that I've been planning for my fanfic !!!

About about their wedding vows... Hmm... I probably won't use the same vows from my fanfic. I've gotta save some of that for my own *hehe*. In fact, the proposal scene is a scene from another fanfic I wrote, an alternate universe fanfic in which Luke is in love with a rebel pilot I created. I kind of cheated and used the same scene that I wrote when Luke proposes to his pilot girlfriend

6. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi15:
    Let us men handle the battle stuff

I am shocked and beautifully pissed. It gets me in the mood to write bloody! 15, I'd like you to remember who killed your 'baby.' (yes, that would be me.)Take this: A little battle from a girl:
    cool.gif

Luke sprinted towards the hangar where he'd left Callista with the Sith Witch, praying to all the gods of the galaxy, the Force and the stars that he wasn't too late. He rounded the corner, and skidded to a halt. He barely missed the blue lightning aimed at his chest. "Hello, Skywalker!" The witch cried in a disgustingly cheerful voice. "Time for you to join your sweetheart!"
    Luke gritted his teeth. He whipped out his lightsaber and charged at the witch. She met him halfway, her red-orange lightsaber crossing his own with such force that sparks flew. "She's dead, Jedi. None of your parlor tricks can save her now." She struck at his head, and he parried quickly. He matched her, blow for blow, calling on the Force with every move he made. She swung at his chest, but he leapt high into the air, completing a flip that put him in the perfect position to plant his feet on her chest, which he did, and knocked her to the ground. The air escaped her lungs, and she lay on the floor, gasping. "You--can't win, Jedi. Just let me kill you now and end the pain." He shook his head. "No. Not after what you did to Callista." She forced herself to her feet, and threw her fist into his nose. "Suit yourself." As he reeled from the blow, the witch called her lightsaber to her hand. Luke barely had time to parry, but he did, and then whipped his lightsaber around to strike her at the neck. She blocked it again. "Do you want to know how she died, Skywalker? It was pitiful, really. She was pleading for her life, on her knees! What a coward, am I right?" Luke struck again. "You're lying!"
    "Am I?" She jeered. "I sliced her through her chest. Too bad, really. It was quite pretty. I'm sure you enjoyed it, right? There's not much left of it now." Anger swelled in Luke. "Shut up!" He struck again, feeding off his own anger.
    Anger, fear, agression...
    He stepped back. The dark side would not save Callista. It wouldn't save his friends, or his students. He took a deep breath, quieting his anger. Seeing his hesitation, the witch lunged. Luke quickly parried, no longer acting out of anger. He called upon the Force and threw the woman into the far wall. She hit with tremendous force, and slid to the floor. Luke called her dead weapon to his hands. Unarmed, she pushed herself to her feet and threw herself at him. Reflexively, Luke whipped out both blades, live and humming, and held the out in front of him. They slid through her skin, burning and charring the flesh. The dying witch managed one final scream before falling limply on the ground, finally dead. Luke pulled his blade free of the growing chasm in her chest. He didn't even utter a word of conquest, but continued his sprint to the hangar bay. Time was running out. By that time, it may have been gone...

How's that for a chick's battle writing, huh? cool.gif

Callie, it's all you now. Make this emotional and good, like you're so good at. But remember, you still have to get them married, so no killing Callista!

7. Luke Skywalker

Feb 18, 2000
    Wow, is Callista actually dead? Whatever, I'll leave that up to Callie
    Cool, I get to finish the battle!!!!

----

Wedge's X-wing hurtled over the surface of the Knight Hammer, which was spewing atmosphere and flames from the massive breach in it's hull. Behind him, the rest of the Rogues and two full squadrons of B-wings came on, pouring laser fire, ion cannon shots, and proton torpedoes into the hull. Further back, Galactic Voyager was pouring turbolaser shots into the rapidly weakening bow shields.
    Daala stared wild-eyed into the battle, which was now firmly swinging the way of the New Republic.
    Two Corellian Gunships and a Nebulon-B frigate cruised over the hull of the Super Star Destroyer, heading directly for the command tower.
    "Full shields now!!! Daala screamed, realising what they were intending. Pelleaon took one last look at the situation, and then slipped surreptiously off the bridge. Far better to live (and perhaps fight again), he reasoned. Daala could die here if she wanted.
    At that moment, the bridge rocked violently.
    "What was that?!!" Daala screamed down into the crewpits.
    "We've lost both bridge shield generators, Admiral!!" one of the crew shouted back.
    Daala turned back to the viewports to see the Nebulon-B frigate reach point blank range to the bridge. It vanished in a blue glow as it fired multiple proton torpedoes at the unshielded command tower, and then there was nothing for Daala to do but watch her death approaching.....
    Wedge whistled as, one by one, the torpedoes took the Knight Hammer's command tower apart. It became a ball of expanding metal and flame.
    The sight finally broke Imperial morale. Several ships had already fled into hyperspace, counting the battle lost, but now most of the remaining ships fled or surrendered.
    The Knight Hammer was still capable of damage, but with the bridge destroyed, there was no chance of organised resistance. Rebel fighters began systematically knocking out the turbolaser batteries that were still firing.

Kam Solusar, leading the fight against the Imperial ground forces, heard the distinctive rumble of a FLoating Fortress. The huge vehicle drifted into view overhead as he stood with Streen and a couple of the Padawans.
    Overhead, a grim faced Kelron studied the displays. The Jedi were putting up more stronger resistance than he had anticipated, with nearly half of his forces destroyed, and the battle in space was going equally badly.
    Kam looked up and nodded to Streen. The Jedi Knight raised his arms, and Kam immediately began to feel his hair whip about as the wind picked up. He glanced at the Padawans, and all three ignited their lightsabres and focused on the large repulsorlift cells on the underside of the Floating Fortress.
    Drawing their arms back, all three hurled their lightsabres at the repulsorlifts and hit them. The Floating Fortress instantly fell like a stone, but the wind, now at hurricane force, slammed head on into the Floating Fortress, which was hurled aside like a leaf.
    On board, Kelron was hurled off his feet and slammed into a console. His head crashed into it, and he lost consciousness.
    Kam and the others watched as the Floating Fortress slammed into trees and erupted in a massive fireball that came straight on towards them. He reacted immediately, diving for the ground, and seeing one of the Padawans yank Streen down as the fireball passed overhead. For a few seconds, there was an agonising heat and sudden vacuum as the fireball burnt up oxygen, and then it was gone.
    Kam leapt up, tearing his burning cloak off, and glanced around at Streen and the Padawans to see if they were OK, then turned to look at the burning remains of the Floating Fortress.
    "I think that must have really wrecked their day," he said with a grin.

Lightsabre clashed as Kirana Ti and the Daala HRD fought a battle to the death in the Great Temple. Kirana was impressed by her opponent's skill with the lightsabre. She had obviously been comprehensively taught how to use it. Still, the droid was no match for her. Without the Force, it couldn't be.
    She anticipate

8. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Ambassador Cara Jade, I owe you an apology. That was a GREAT post! cool.gif

Time for me to finish the mopping up...

Luke finally rushed into the hangar bay and saw Callista. She was lying on the floor, unconscious. From the looks of it, she didn't seem to be breathing.

Luke ran over to his love, trying to fight back the tears that threatened to pour down his face. "Callista..." he whispered, stroking her pale cheek. "No..."

He heard shouting from behind, and turned to see stormtroopers entering the bay. Without wasting any time, he grabbed Callista by the arm and carried her to one of the Imperial shuttles.

The stormtroopers spotted them, and they opened fire. Blaster bolts exploded around him as he entered the shuttle and closed the ramp behind him.

He placed Callista on a cot in the shuttle's private quarters and headed for the cockpit. Strapping himself in, he fired up the ship's engines.

The stormtroopers continued shooting as the shuttle lifted off its repulsorjets and soared out the hangar door, leaving the doomed Knight Hammer behind.

Wedge Antilles flew his X-wing fighter toward the Knight Hammer. Two A-wing fighters took out the shields, and Wedge fired his ion cannons. With the shields down, the SSD would not last; its bridge was already being torn apart. It was time to finish the job. He radioed Admiral Daala, "Hello, Admiral?"

His small viewscreen displayed the inside of the Knight Hammer. Its bridge was a mess. Debris lay scattered around, along with the bodies of dead Imperials. Only Daala remained, her eyes frenzied with uncontrollable fury.

"Yes, you Rebel scum?"

"Look outside, you b**ch! This is for messing with the Jedi Academy!" Wedge shouted out. Nobody reprimanded him, all instead echoing his sentiments.

"Ha! You'll never get me." Then Daala looked outside and saw the Republic fleet advancing toward her, surrounding her in a circle of death. Wedge's X-wing, right in front of the bridge, was the last sight Daala saw. She screamed.

Wedge fired two proton torpedoes into the already-burning bridge. There was a tremendous explosion. Daala died instantly. The bridge was still intact, so Wedge radioed the Millennium Falcon.

And with that, the Falcon fired six concussion missiles at the SSD. The bridge collapsed, and the SSD exploded into flames, taking out two other Star Destroyers that had been flanking it.

Admiral Daala was finally dead, and all who had perished at her hands were now avenged. Wedge took little comfort in that. They still had to worry about the Imperial forces on Yavin 4. Suddenly, the comm rang. "This is Kirana Ti, calling from the Jedi Academy. How are things going up there."

"Kirana Ti, this is Wedge Antilles of the New Republic," Wedge answered back.

"So far, so good. The Knight Hammer's been wiped out. How're Leia and Kyp?"

"They're injured, but they'll live," Kirana Ti reported. "Kyp is unconscious. They'll need medical help."

"Admiral Ackbar has sent a medevac team for. They should be there soon."

"Wedge, thank you for helping us," the Dathomirian woman said.

"I didn't do a thing. In fact, I could have prevented this if I had been watching the SSD more closely." He looked at the area where the Knight Hammer had once been. "I hope Luke and Callista had gotten away in time."

Okay, now it's Jedi Callie's turn to write the mushy stuff.

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 03-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 03-26-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 04-14-2000).]

9. Eagle888

Eagle888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Pellaeon entered the bridge of the Chimaera, far away from the space battle. "Our forces have been routed," he announced gravely. "It looks like Admiral Daala has been defeaed. I now assume control of the Imperial fleet."

"Admiral, two Rebel cruisers are heading our way!"

That's a laugh, thought Pellaeon. They already got us on our knees. What else could they do? "Take them out. They don't--"

A blinding flash outside the ship cut off Pellaeon's order. The Republic ships had finally gotten Knight Hammer, and the Super Star Destroyer exploded in a flaming ball of burnt metal and fire. Pellaeon had no choice but to retreat; whatever hit his reinforcemnets could possibly take him out next, and it wasn't worth the risk.

"Recall the troops on the moon and prepare to go to lightspeed."

Jedi, he thought. I'm not done with you yet. I'll be back.

10. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Woohoo, we are back up!!!

Ok, here's the mushy scene

=========

She was barely breathing. Luke?s heart thrashed wildly against his ribs as he watched her take in shallow breaths--her chest nearly motionless. Her skin felt cold against his, like ice against his own feverish flesh.

"Please, Cal," he whispered, stroking her matted curls that were wet with blood and sweat. "Please wake up... Don?t do this to me, don?t you do this to me..." He shook her, but she continued to lay lifeless in his arms--pale and unresponsive, and it was all Luke could do not to scream out in agony at the galaxy.

I?ve already lost too many people I?ve loved... I can not lose her too...

"Fight for me, damn it!" he said, lifting her up to sitting. Her body collapsed ragdoll-like in his arms. "Callie, I know you can hear me... I know you?re inside of there... Please..."

Hot tears trickled down his face, mingling with his sweat, and as he pulled her close to him, he made one last desperate attempt at saving her. Mustering all of his energy, he closed his eyes and summoned the Force--white light and energy and fire. He felt it course through his veins and he sent this healing power to her, hoping against hope that the Force in her would respond.

He felt her stir in his arms.

"Lu.. Luke..."

"Callie?"

She rasped and tried to sit up. He held on to her, as if letting her go meant she would vanish altogether like smoke. "It?s all right," he told her, "you?ll be all right, take it easy for now..."

She smiled subtly, looking at him through eyes half-closed with raging pain. "You try taking it easy when you feel like this," she stammered.

Luke laughed through his tears. He pressed his lips to her temple and brought her up to lean against him. "I thought I had lost you," he whispered. The words made him shudder--the very thought of losing her stabbed him like a thousand vibroblades.

He felt her smile against his shoulder, and she raised her head slowly. "You didn?t think I was going to leave without marrying my love, did you?" She touched a hand to his chin, already filled with dark blond stubble, and brought her face to his for a kiss.

He had never been so happy to know that someone was alive. And he had never been so happy to be alive himself.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-26-2000).]

11. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    Excellent post, 15 and Callie! I accept your apology, 15, but don't be making assumptions like that as long as we have female writers here! Gender has nothing to do with skill, remember that.
    I'd add more to the story, but I'm suffering from a temporary writer's block due the the fact that Ep1 didn't win any Oscars!

12. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Luke's growing a beard? eek.gif

13. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    TPM DIDN'T WIN ANY OSCARS?!?! mad.gif

14. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Yes, let's please all have a moment of silence because TPM got shut out *sob *

I am happy that Angelina Jolie won, though! Woohoo!

Ok, back to the topic at hand...

Jedi15: silly goose, no, Luke is not growing a beard! But it has been quite a busy day and a half for him, and the poor guy hasn't exactly have time to shave! And what usually happens when a man does not shave for a day is that he gets stubble!

Cara: thank you, my dear--your post was excellent as well, but then that does not surprise me in the least

15. Luke Skywalker

Feb 18, 2000
    Mine doesn't grow that quick in a day and a half, Callie

16. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Luke: well, I wasn't suggesting he had a full on beard LOL. Just some nice, sexy stubble

17. Callista Sunrider

Callista Sunrider Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 1999
    Hey guys! This story is goin' great!!!

18. Luke Skywalker

Feb 18, 2000
    I was talking about stubble, Callie

19. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Coming up next: THE WEDDING!

Gee...I wonder who's gonna write that part?

Oh, and guys, let's not end the story with the wedding. I want this to go on (more about Callie and Mom).

Or maybe we can start a new thread and write a sequel.

20. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Wow. I can't believe I've been away from reading this story for so long.
    You guys do great writing.

21. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Oooh, oooh, I get to write the wedding now?? Really??

Okey dey, here I go...

=======

Luke still hadn?t quite figured out what had come over him forty-eight hours ago. It was crazy--the craziest thing he had ever done in his life. Crazier than following an old wizard to rescue a princess he?d never even met; crazier than rushing off half-trained to confront a powerful Sith lord; crazier than walking in weaponless into the court of the most notorious gangster in the galaxy.

And yet when he saw her at the long end of the aisle, her malt-brown tresses pinned up, loose tendrils framing her smooth oval face, he knew that this crazy idea also made sense in every way.

My wife...

The sound of the words in his mind was pure magic--a rush so fierce and intense that he nearly lost his breath, like the rush he felt when he first felt the Force awaken in his blood.

Her eyes locked with his for an instant that seemed like an eternity, and suddenly all else disappeared in the room except for the smooth hush of his breath, and the beauty of the woman who stood before him.

As she came up to him, he whispered, "Are you all right?"

She nodded and smiled, straightening the luxurious folds of her formal Jedi robe. "Never better," she whispered back. "All healed and ready to marry the love of my life."

He returned her smile and took kissed her extended hand, and together they turned to face Leia, to begin the ancient Jedi marriage ceremony. Their hands intertwined, they joined together in heart, mind, body, and soul, and together they spoke:

The Force brought us together
    and sustains our love
    For eternity I will be yours
    and you mine
    together for life...

Luke took his bride?s face in his hands and gently, sweetly, kissed her in front of his closest friends and family. And the Force that radiated within them swirled in a dazzling sunburst of light and color and magic, surrounding them and penetrating them and binding them as one.

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-27-2000).]

22. Ambassador Cara Jade

Oct 23, 1999
    &lt;The Forum stands with wild applause, celebrating the union of the two Jedi Knights, as well as its retelling by an exceptional writer!!!&gt;

Yeah, Callie! Woo-hoo!

23. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    That was wonderful, JC! A job well done!

The couple got married in the Grand Audience Chamber because of the size of the wedding. All the Jedi trainees attended the ceremony, as did the members of the Republic fleet who had helped in the battle. Han, Leia, and their children were there. Even Teneniel Djo and her husband, King Isolder, had managed to attend. Chewbacca, Artoo-Detoo, and See-Threepio were also present.

After the couple exchanged vows, applause rang out throughout the Audience Chamber.

Leia saw Luke and realized that he couldn't have been happier at that point. He and his love were finally one. She was happy for them. Callista looked happy, too.

After the wedding, Callista Skywalker gave a speech to Han and Leia. "Han, Leia, I wanted to say something to you at the wedding. I wanted you to know that I owe Luke a lot for saving my life. He has been, without a doubt, the best guy a woman could ask for."

Luke lifted Callista's veil and kissed his new wife.

Afterwards, Luke, Callista, Han, and Leia left the Great Temple to join everyone else in the festivities. Everything would finally be all right.

Or so they thought...

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 04-24-2000).]

24. Luke Skywalker

Feb 18, 2000
    Nice stuff Callie.
    So do we get to see the wedding night?
    Any kids planned?

25. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    LOL well I was kind of holding back on the wedding night, lest there be any protest among the crowd here . If I get the green light, I will go head and write a TASTEFUL hint of a scene, but no actual sex scene, sorry. George Lucas wouldn't approve, now would he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.