main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Callista...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Callista Sunrider, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Do we want to continue with the thing with
    Callista's mother? Idea!

Callista sat next to Luke at their wedding feast, beaming and still reeling from all that had happened. Had it really been? Was she now...Mrs. Skywalker? It seemed unreal, like a dream--like everything she had ever hoped or dreamed for had come true in one moment. She was finally home.
    A flicker of movement caught her eye. She turned in time to see a swirl of celestial air disappear from sight. She frowned. What...?
    Then she was standing, leaning into Luke's ear and telling him she'd be right back. He looked at her worriedly, but nodded when he saw the reassuring look on her face. Callista slipped into the outside hallway unnoticed, looking for whomever it was she had seen.
    The corridor was dark, strangely. Callista pressed on, determined to discover the identity of the strange visitor. Deep down, she knew who it was. Her heart pounded at that realization. And she rounded the corner, the rest of her, her entire being, resounded with the knowledge of her identity.
    The black hair, the vivid green eyes that shown in their supernatural brilliance.
    Her mother.
    Callista drew back, remembering her mother's action in her dream. "M-Momma?" The ghost took a step closer, her perfect face glowing. "Hello, Lissy."
    It was her mother. Only her mother had called her that. Callista took a step closer, despite all her inner alarms screaming for her to run away.
    She'll kill you...kill you...
    Callista's mother stretched out her spectral hand. "Come here, my child." Callista hesitated, then obeyed. Her mother marvelled. "You look so beautiful, and happy." Callista nodded. "I am happy. I miss you, though."
    "I know that, Lissy." Her grip tightened. "That's why I'm here. To take you with me!" Callista's eyes widened. "What?"
    "Everyone dies once. You were supposed to come to me, remember? You promised me you would. And you lied!"
    Callista thought back:
    Her mother lay dying in her arms, beyond saving. She managed pained words as the poison killed her slowly. "Lissy...I'll be there, when you come. Come to me, when it's you're turn to pass." And Callista, barely seven years old, nodded amid her frightened, little-girl tears. "I will, Momma. I promise. I promise..."
    "But it's not my time yet!" Callista cried. she fought to pull herself away. "I will come to you, but when it's time! I love you Momma! I swear I do! I never favored Papa over you!"
    Her mother stopped pulling, aghast. "Say it again..."
    Callista straightened. "I love you, Momma."
    The spirit came closer. Callista wanted to take a step back, but it would only betray what she had just said, even though she'd meant every word. She let her mother touch her face. Her hand was warm, soothing. "That's all I wanted to hear, my darling...to know you love me...it's enough to let me wait."
    "Momma...I'm sorry. I'm sorry I killed you."
    Her mother shook her head. "No, my darling. Don't be. I died so you could live. Remember that, and live like I didn't."
    Callista smiled, tears now rolling down her cheeks. "I will."
    The ghost kissed her forehead, and vanished.
    "Callista?" Luke's voice said from behind her. "Are you okay?"
    Callista turned. "Did you see...?"
    Luke shook his head. "I didn't see anything. What was it? You're crying, are you okay?"
    Callista looked back at the place where her mother had stood moments before.
    "I'm fine."

2. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Deep within the jungles of Yavin 4, a lone cloaked figure stood, watching the festival from a faraway distance. It watched, somberly, as an alien band began playing a new tune. The guests rose from their seats to dance, but the figure's eyes rested on Callista.

She, along with her new husband, hand in hand, began dancing in the center of the crowd, moving with swiftness and radiance, their lives now full of happiness.

At least for now.

But this lone figure knew what was to come. What would have to come.

This happiness would not last for much longer.

The lone figure whispered one thing before disappearing into the misty night.

"Mother..."

3. Callista Sunrider

Callista Sunrider Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 1999
    Spooky!

Jedi Callie:In the wedding scene you said:
    Luke took his bride?s face in his hands and gently, sweetly, kissed her in front of his closest friends and family. And the Force that radiated within them swirled in a dazzling sunburst of light and color and magic, surrounding them and penetrating them and binding them as one.
    Great minds think alike! When ever I think of a wedding scene between them, or any two Jedi for that matter, I think of some thing like that happening!!! That's pretty cool!!!

4. MistressCallista

MistressCallista Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 1999
    Wow CS you created a great post...I just found it. I am not a huge fan of Callista no matter what my name implies but you guys might just make me change my mind!
    Keep up the good work you guys...I'm still trying to figure out how the characters survive after those fight scenes. They get so beat up that I'm not sure they would ever need to be shot or impaled by sabers to die. Good Job!!

Write some more about Callista please!
    MC

5. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    She was in the water again.

Waves swirled around her, almost overtaking her as she struggled to keep her head above the angry waters.

It's a hurricane...

She had seen so many of them as a child, and barely survived some of them, and now she was caught in the middle of one vicious storm.

"Papa? Uncle Claine?"

There was no answer, but of course, there wouldn't be. Their ark was nowhere in sight, and as Callista fought the raging sea, choking on the gulp-fulls of saltwater, she saw that she was in the middle of the vast ocean--with no rescue in sight.

Oh stars, where am I? she said, feeling her lungs burning inside her as she gasped for air.

"Papa?? Papa???"

"That's right, call for your father again," came a thin, faint voice.

Callista held her breath and looked around her to see where it came, but nothing. There was nothing.

"M-mama?" she called out tentatively. Just beyond her, in the hazy distance, through the avalanche of rain and waves, she thought she saw a misty figure surrounded by singing cy'eens. And soon she felt the chill of the haunting melody that the ocean creatures sang, almost like... A death march...

"Mama?" she said again. She blinked and tried to focus on the dim image, but it didn't go away. The phantom woman stood, as if floating on the surface of the water, and Callista's eyes grew wide as she watched the figure skim effortlessly towards her.

"What's the matter, pretty girl, your father has abandoned you?"

It was the her--the woman who had tried to kill Callista in her nightmares. Callista knew it, felt it in the vicious chill of her bones. Up close, she didn't look anything like Callista's mother at all--nothing like the kind, gentle woman who sang her to sleep as a little girl. Nothing like the sad woman whose spirit had visited Callista on her wedding day.

No... This was an imposter. And Callista wondered what it wanted with her...

The figure smiled, a horrific smile of pure evil. "You can wake up and make me disappear from your nightmares, Callista, but in your waking hour, you will see me again. You can not run away from me, I promise you. You and your new husband will die..."

"No!!!!" she screamed with such a force that she shook awake, feeling thousands of tremors overtake her body.

"Cal? Callie, I'm here... I'm right here, sweetheart..."

She felt Luke's arms encircle her and slowly, she remembered: she was in their bed, in their room, and it was their wedding night.

But still, the chill of Chad's oceans numbed her skin, even as Luke pulled her close to him.

"You're fine now, you're fine... It's over..."

She slipped her arms around his neck and breathed deep, exhaling shakily as if the one breath could rid her of the fright.

"I..." The words would not come out. "Luke, I'm... I'm just so glad I'm here..."

He pulled away from her to look in her eyes. "What was it? You're shaking..." He rubbed his hands up and down her arms, making her goosebumps go away.

"I just... I had a nightmare..." She shut her eyes and shook her head. "I don't want to think about it, Luke. I just want to forget it... I want to forget everything outside this room."

He smiled at her and drew her close again. "That can be arranged," he whispered, kissing her half-closed eyes.

She returned his smile and snuggled close to him. "It's our first night together as husband and wife, and I will not let anything spoil it."

"Nothing could ever spoil it, my love." He cupped her face and gave her a long kiss, full of promise and love. "The first of night of many."

And he slowly pushed her down back on the bed and made her forget about the haunting visions and images, and showed her the depths of his love...

=======

Ok, that's as far as I'll go in details

6. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    The next day, Kyp and Tionne trudged through the humid Massassi jungle, each carrying their lightsabers and a bottle of water in case they ever got thirsty. They had traveling for over half an hour now, and would reach their destination momentarily.

"I'm glad to see you're feeling better," Tionne said as Kyp led the way.

Kyp turned to her and smiled. After the battle with Admiral Daala's fleet, Kyp and Leia had been taken to the infirmary, where they were kept in bacta for the rest of the day. Luckily, Kyp and Leia had recovered just in time for Luke and Callista's wedding.

"Thanks. You seem to be much better as well."

"I am, trust me," Tionne said, wiping beads of sweat from her pale forehead. "Force, it's hot as hell out here."

"You need the tan," Kyp joked, then laughed as the silver-haired Jedi playfully punched him in the shoulder.

Tionne sighed. "So, how close are we to that temple?"

"We should be getting there," Kyp said as he sliced through a vine blocking their way. "Me, Dorsk 81, and Tereias had been looking for it, but our trek was interrupted by the Callista HRD."

Tionne shuddered. "I still can't believe what she did to poor Tereias."

"I know," Kyp said solemny, images of the HRD ripping her hand into the young man's chest replaying in his mind. "Thank the Force she's dead now."

"Hey, is that the clearing you were telling me about?" She pointed up ahead.

Kyp squinted his eyes and nodded. "Sure is. Come on, we're almost there." They walked on, careful to avoid a swarm of piranha-beetles chasing after an injured woolamander.

As they reached the clearing, they found it. The temple, twice as small as the Great Temple, was dome-shaped, unlike the flat ziggurats of the Massassi pyramids. It had been built from limestone and wood, and most of it was in surprising good condition. Vines had caved in through the walls, and the flora and fauna of Yavin 4 had made their homes in it for centuries.

"This is it," Kyp said certainly.

"It looks so...different," Tionne commented, her eyes widened with awe. "The design is different from the Massassi."

"Well, come on," Kyp said as he headed for the ancient ruins.

"We're going inside?" Tionne asked.

"Of course, silly," Kyp said. "Why else would we have come here? Don't worry, we're Jedi. We can handle anything that's in there."

Tionne looked up at the temple. Despite Kyp's assurance, she couldn't help but feel afraid. Something wasn't right...

She sighed, and followed her friend.

7. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Uh oh... You know that anytime someone says, "Don't worry," they should definitely worry!!!

8. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    From the highest tower of the ancient temple, the cloaked figure stood, hidden from the sunlight, watching silently as the two Jedi Knights entered the ruins. The dark-haired young man was the first in--probably to check for anything dangerous. The silver-haired one stood near the cavernous entrance, obviously uneasy about going in there. A moment later, she gathered up her courage and followed in.

The cloaked figure slowly nodded. These two would do for now. "Come in, young Jedi," it whispered, its voice bitter with hatred and anticipation. "Please, do come in..."

---------------------------------------------

eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

Next, please!

9. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    eek.gif *gulp*

[This message has been edited by Callista Sunrider (edited 03-30-2000).]

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    **What will happen next?**

11. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    More! please.

12. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    This story is soo great! Please write more!

13. Lelila Jade

Lelila Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Yikes! This story is getting better and better (and weirder, too!). More, please! tongue.gif

14. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Damn these double posts! mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 03-30-2000).]

15. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Tionne gaped in awe as she and Kyp stared at the interior of the ancient temple. It was so different from its Massassi counterparts...beautiful, in a strange kind of way.

A large fountain stood in the center of the chamber, with a stone statue of a woman with beautiful wings and four outstretched hands. From the looks of it, Tionne guessed that water would come out of the statue's open mouth and into the fountain. Unfortunately, the fountain hadn't been used for centuries, and all that was left was greenish-black muck.

Torn purple-black drapes covered the windows of the temple, and Tionne gazed up at the enormous ceiling. Despite the holes that had caused by vines smashing in, she could discern numerous paintings on the ceiling, most of which seemed to resemble large, muscular creatures, with the bodies of humans and the heads of cat-like beasts. The painted figures were cloaked in black and carried scythes, and seemed to be attacking unarmed beings.

The Massassi, perhaps?

"I wonder who could've built this temple," Kyp said, interrupting Tionne's trance. "According to our records, it was built centuries before the Massassi ever set foot on Yavin 4."

Tionne looked at her friend, surprised. "Are you saying that someone else built this temple other than the Massassi? Then...that means the Massassi weren't the first people to live on Yavin 4."

Kyp nodded. "The question is, what ever happened to these people?"

Tionne looked around the room, a cold shiver running up her back. "I don't know," she said. "But I don't want to find out."

"Let's take a look around," Kyp suggested, heading toward a flight of stairs that led upwards to the higher levels of the temple.

"Kyp, I don't think--"

"Oh, don't worry," her companion said quickly. "What could possibly happen?"

Before Tionne could object, he was already running up the stairs.

Now alone, the silver-haired Jedi began wandering around the temple's entrance, wondering what to do now. Something didn't quite feel right to her, but she couldn't pinpoint the uneasiness...

"Hello, Tionne."

The voice took her by surprise, and Tionne whirled around to see someone standing before her, draped completely in black.

Much like the paintings on the ceiling.

"Who are you?" Tionne demanded, taking a few steps back.

The figure hesitated. "I am you," it replied in an ominous voice. "I am your past...your present...your future. I am the very essence of your soul."

"I don't understand," Tionne said, tempted to just run. But something held her back. "What do you want from me?"

The figure reached its pale hand out toward her. "You'll see, my sweet."

With that, the figure dissipated into a cloud of smoke.

Tionne watched, aghast, as the black smoke rose from the air and began to surround her, cutting her off from the sunlight, from the temple, from Yavin 4 itself. Tionne tried to fight it, tried to push it away with the Force, but she wasn't strong enough to perform such a trick.

The figure's laugh echoed in her ears as the smoke began entering her body--seeping through her pores, her ears, her nose, her mouth, everything it could get into. Tionne screamed and struggled, but no matter how hard she resisted, she could not fight it back.

Before she knew it, Tionne was already slipping into blackness...

Kyp had heard Tionne's scream, and he quickly rushed down the stairs. "Tionne!" he shouted, freeing his lightsaber from his belt.

His friend didn't answer.

He finally reached the entrance to the temple, and he saw Tionne curled up against the floor, her body convulsing in pain. Something must have attacked her.

"Tionne!" Kyp exclaimed as he ran over to the young woman. Tionne was already starting to get up. "Are you--?"

Tionne's fist suddenly came out of nowhere, smashing right across Kyp's face. The young man reeled to the right from the force of the blow, blood rushing from the corner of his mouth.

Kyp's hand went up to his wound. When he looked around, Tionne was gone.

He looked around the chamber, instantly alert. He had no ide

16. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
  17. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
  18. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
  19. Darth London Boy

Darth London Boy Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2000
    What they said.

eek.gif

20. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Here's some on Luke and Callista (a steamy love scene)...

---------------------------------------------

Luke Skywalker awoke to the sunrise outside. He was in a strange bed. When he was a little more awake, he saw a long set of malt-brown hair. He was in Callista's room. Did she know he was there?

"Callista, wake up."

Callista stirred and turned around. She didn't seem surprised at all. "What is it, Luke?"

"Sorry, I was a little disoriented. Must have dozed off."

Luke reached over and realized she was barely dressed. He inched closer to his new wife and wrapped his arms around her.

"Luke, I had a terrific time last night."

"So did I. Callista, I love you."

"I love you, too."

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 04-05-2000).]

21. Darth Triad

Darth Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    "Tionne" walked out of the temple, her eyes taking in the jungle that surrounded her. "It feels so good to be alive again," she hissed.

She then felt a presence in the Force. She closed her eyes and saw, in her mind, one of the Jedi students, Kirana Ti, going for a little swim in the Massassi Lake.

She opened her eyes and smiled. "I'm going to enjoy this," she said as she strode toward the lake.

22. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Poor Kyp! I'm gonna feel VERY sorry for Kirana Ti when Tionne runs into her. eek.gif

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

23. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Kirana Ti slipped out of her green reptilian hides--the typical clothing for women from Dathomir--and leaped into the deep, crystal-blue lake. She plunted into the cold water with a splash and swam down toward the bottom of the lake.

As a child growing up on Dathomir, Kirana Ti loved swimming. Every day, she would go to a small pond that was near her parent's hut and would go play in the water with her brothers and sisters. Those were the happiest times of her life, she remembered.

Now that she was training to be a Jedi on Yavin 4, Kirana Ti went to the Massassi Lake at least twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Others would sometimes accompany her, but Kirana Ti preferred to be alone.

As she swam along the floor of the lake, she saw a school of rainbow-catfish scurry past her, their group breaking up in alarm when they saw her. Kirana Ti smiled and dove into the small school. None of the fish were harmed, but they were easily scared off.

Oh, how she loved it here! Even though Yavin 4 could never replace Dathomir, it was still a wonderful world in its own right. And this lake was Kirana Ti's favorite place to go. Swimming always helped take her mind off things that bugged her during the day.

But today was different. Admiral Daala was finally defeated, the Imperial fleet routed by the Jedi Knights and the New Republic. Callista now had her Force powers back, and she and Luke were finally married. There was nothing to worry about anymore.

Kirana Ti swam back up and broke through the surface, taking several deep breaths. She looked up at the sky and saw the sun starting to rise. It was now morning, and the other Jedi trainees would soon be waking up.

She still had a few hours before classes.

Kirana Ti laughed with joy and went back underwater.

"Tionne" finally reached the shore of the Massassi Lake, her black eyes taking in the gorgeous scenery that greeted her. In the middle of the lake, she watched as the warrior woman Kirana Ti plunged back into the cold water.

"Tionne" smiled, a plan forming in her head.

She closed her eyes and concentrated on the lake itself. In her mind, she could see the tiny molecules that made up the body of water, swirling around in constant motion. She called upon the Force, stretching her arms high into the air. With her powers, she halted the movement of the molecules, forcing them to stop in their tracks. Slowly, the water began to freeze as well.

Within seconds, a thick layer of ice had covered the entire lake.

"Tionne" smiled. Kirana Ti was now trapped.

Kirana Ti, now needing another breath of air, swam back up to the surface, her arms making small waves in the water.

But as she headed to the surface, her head bumped against a layer of ice.

Kirana Ti looked up in shock and tried to push the ice away. But it wouldn't budge. The woman, panic beginning to overwhelm her, began pounding furiously on the frozen water, trying to break free.

What had happened? Why was this ice here?

The entire surface of the lake was now frozen, and there was no way for Kirana Ti to get out. She was trapped.

And she was running out of air.

24. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Scary :eek

25. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    If there was one thing that has always scared me since childhood, it would be the fear of drowning. Poor Kirana Ti...

Someone, save her!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.