main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Callista...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Callista Sunrider, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Triad

Darth Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    I like this story! I don't want it to end!

And, Jedi15, we MUST have a sequel.

2. Jedi Qel-Droma

Jedi Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2000
    Who thinks we should get Callista pregnant in the sequel?

3. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Like kenobi1377 said, Jedi Qel-Droma, anything goes.

You know, after reading this story again, I just realized something. We never fully explain how Callista got her Force powers back. Was it because of Djinn Altis, or Kara, or just a fluke of nature? Maybe we could explain more of this in the sequel...

4. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    That's because the title of the story was "What if Callista never lost her powers in the first place?"

5. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taramidala:
    That's because the title of the story was "What if Callista never lost her powers in the first place?"

I'm not sure about that. I think she DID lose her Force powers, because we're still saying that CoTJ did happen. I remember that in Ambassador Cara Jade's first post, she has Callista say, "Luke, I don't know how, but I can suddenly use the Force again"...or something like that.

6. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    That post just made absolutely no sense. Never mind; just ignore it!

7. Talon 20

Talon 20 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2000
  8. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Jedi15, then the story's been wrong since the beginning. Callista Sunrider's original post said "What if Callista never lost her powers?" It's there.

9. Darth London Boy

Darth London Boy Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2000
    WHO'S GONNA FINISH THE STORY???

10. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by taramidala:
    Jedi15, then the story's been wrong since the beginning. Callista Sunrider's original post said "What if Callista never lost her powers?" It's there.

You mean we all just wrote this story for nothing? Well, that sucks.

Speaking of Callista Sunrider, I wonder where she is. It's been weeks since she last posted.

11. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    So--let's keep up the conversation going. I'll start by asking some questions about the story:

1. What did you like best about the story?

2. Who was your favorite character?

3. What was your favorite action scene?

4. Who was the best enemy--the lunchlady, the HRD, Daala, or Kara?

5. Was this story better than Darksaber?

6. Did you like the characterization of Callista better here than in Darksaber?

7. What part did you not like about the story?

8. Did this story surprise you in any way?

9. Was Kara a good idea?

10. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

CALLISTA RULES!!!

12. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Answering Empress's questions:

1.I really liked that we didn't make Callie much of a bimbo, more like the kick*** I always imagined her as!

2. My favorite character? You have to ask??? (Callista)

3. Fight Scene--Luke and the Sith Witch, but I may be a little biased cool.gif

4. Coolest villain--Kara!!!!!

5. I liked them both about the same, but this one a little more because it turned out the way I wanted it!

6. YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!

7. I liked it all--we are all awesome writers and we kicked a healthy load of *** in this story! Kudos to Callista Sunrider for the idea!

8. Not at all. Okay, maybe with the whole daughter thing, and that we took my mention of Callie's mom to the level we did, but other than that? Nah.

9.Oh, yeah!

10. Is it a European Swallow or an African Swallow?

Anyway, I like the idea of starting a sequel, but first we should finish this one! Have we already? If not, here come the closing scene!!!!:

"What if Callista..."
    Conclusion

The gaseous ball of Yavin loomed overhead, casting a bronzing glow over the jungles as they carried into the evening. Callista stood atop the Temple of the Blueleaf Cluster alone, marvelling at the turn her life had taken. Only a month ago, she had been less than a lingering ghost on a doomed ship, condemned to an eternal prison there. Now, she was married to Luke Skywalker.
    Luke Skywalker. The thought of his name alone filled her with pleasure. Her stomach fluttered and her heart pounded with every breath.
    They had endured so much in the month since they'd met, in the week since their wedding. And Callista knew it was only a beginning to their trials.
    But a beginning to their lives as well.
    Staring out over the broad vista of Yavin, Callista found herself smiling.
    Her smile increased as her husband slipped his arms around her waist from behind.
    "I wondered where you were," he whispered into her hair, kissing her ear. She reached behind her and touched his hair which blew gently in the twilight breeze. "Did you?"
    Luke chuckled. "No, I knew where you were the whole time. I could sense you."
    She turned around and kissed him. "What did I do to warrant that?" He said.
    "Existed." She said simply. "Luke, when you sensed me, did you sense...anything else?"
    "Like what, exactly?" he said. Callista turned in his arms teasingly, pressing her back against his chest and returning her gaze to the jungles. "Like a baby, for example."
    Luke thought about that, then she looked at him. "Go on, reach out. You can feel it inside me."
    Luke obeyed, sending questing tendrils out towards her.
    She was right.
    Callista was going to have a baby.
    Their baby.
    He hugged her closer with a happy laugh. "Callista..." he said simply, stopping before his tears choked his voice.
    But there was nothing else he needed to say.

THE END!

Well, what do you guys think? If you like it, we can go ahead and start the next one, or discuss what we want to do with the sequel. If not, someone else take a go at ending it.

CALLISTA RULES!!!!!

13. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Yaaaaay! We're done! Excellent post, Cara! I'll go start the thread for the sequel!

And to reply to Empress Palpatine's questions:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>1. What did you like best about the story?

Each and every battle!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>2. Who was your favorite character?

It's a tie between Luke, Callista, and Mara.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>3. What was your favorite action scene?

Luke's first battle with the HRD. Yes, I'm biased too! rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>4. Who was the best enemy--the lunchlady, the HRD, Daala, or Kara?

A tie between Kara and the HRD! The lunchlady wasn't very well developed, and Daala was, as always, a sissy.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>5. Was this story better than Darksaber?

Galaxies better!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>6. Did you like the characterization of Callista better here than in Darksaber?

Definitely!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>7. What part did you not like about the story?

That it has to end.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>8. Did this story surprise you in any way?

Not really.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>9. Was Kara a good idea?

Of course. I invented her. cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>10. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Uh...er...I don't know that! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

14. Darth Triad

Darth Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Empress Palpatine:

1. Every scene with Callista! Damn, she's one cool chick! cool.gif

2. See said cool chick.

3. Hmmmm...the fight between Callista and the Sith Witch.

4. Personally, I liked the HRD.

5. YES!

6. YES!

7. Not really didn't like, but hard to stomach: that heart-ripping scene made me almost lost my lunch.

8. Yeah. Callista had a daughter!

9. YES!

I'll ignore 10.

15. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    To find out more about what happens to Callista and Luke after this story, go to the thread's sequel, Maternal Instincts.

16. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I still think Jedi15 should have left in the scene with Daala and Pellaeon getting it on. The Wookiee boxers cracked me up

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    I would've kept it in there, if not for two things:

1. Callista Sunrider, the creator of this thread, requested that I delete it.

2. If an administrator had seen that post, he/she would have banned me and/or closed the thread.

Glad you liked it, though.

18. Ambassador Cara Jade

Ambassador Cara Jade Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 23, 1999
    Okay, so...I guess that's it for this thread. Great job, guys. The Force was with us. Let's hope Maternal Instincts turns out just as well. Personally, I think it will.

CALLISTA RULES!!!

...And so do we all!

19. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003

Up for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.