main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Callista...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Callista Sunrider, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callista Sunrider

Callista Sunrider Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 1999
    Oh, PrincessLaura: Just wait, find a good place and hop in, that's what I did, though maybe it isn't a good idea for you, because what works for one person my not work for another...

[This message has been edited by Callista Sunrider (edited 03-17-2000).]

2. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Thanks, CS! *hehe* I like that rolling eyes one. Hmm, I'm going to have a lot of fun with that one *bwahahaha*

I don't know what it was I ate LOL, but I am just so addicted to writing the last few days! I just want to write all the time! It's a good thing my boss took the day off today, or else it wouldn't look good--me sitting here writing fanfic .

Back to work now--really...

3. kenobi1377

kenobi1377 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2000
    Kip has pulled ahead of Borsk81. Thay are very near the acadamy. Kip urges himself on,"come on, go faster".
    Luke spins around and faces thae jungle. Callista follows suit.
    "Luke did you feel that?"
    Luke nods. They both concentrate on the force. Luke looks a bit suprised.
    "It's Kip!"

4. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    LOL, Jedi Callie, we wouldn't want you to get in trouble.
    Now, who gets to write the next part?

5. kenobi1377

Mar 10, 2000
    Kip burst out of the junggle.
    "Master Luke!!!!", his voice is filled with fear.
    Kip sprints to the temple. Borsk81 not far behind. He runs to Luke.
    "Luke its Callista. She....", he stops when he sees Callista standing there.
    He backs up.
    "But you were...", he points to jungle,"there..how...."
    Just then a figure steps out of the jungle.

6. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Spooky stuff!!! I wonder what will happen next.....

7. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    eek.gif WOOW!! This is getting better and better!!

Jedi Callie: Thanks for encouraging me, but I think I have to wait for the right moment to jump in... cool.gif
    Besides...I think some people in the Starwars STARBUCKS thread are searching for you!!

kenobi1377: I enjoy the parts you write as well as Callie's !! Go on!!

8. kenobi1377

Mar 10, 2000
    this is my third in a row. oh well here it goes:
    The figure walks steadly toward the temple.
    "Luke, Calli....i mean that thing" points at figure"killed Tereias. It just pulled out her (it is a her right?)heart. It kept asking 'where is skywalker', 'were is skywalker'. It looks exactly like Callista"
    Kip is shaking. His efforts to control it failing. Dorsk81 finally catches up and pants,"I think it wants to kill you master Luke"
    Luke and Callista look at eachother, realizing that forboding feeling had tried to warn them.
    "Callista" had almost reached them.
    "EVERYONE, INSIDE", he yells to the trainees.
    "Luke what are we going to do",whispers Callista.
    "WE are not going to do anything. All of you are going to go inside"
    Kip and Borsk turn and walk inside with out hesitation but Callista hesatates.
    "i dont want to leave you"
    Luke kisses her on the lips
    "ill be fine"
    Callista turns and walks inside looking back over her shoulder.
    "i hope", Luke whispers.

9. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Oh my!!! More please MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Callista Sunrider (edited 03-17-2000).]

10. kenobi1377

Mar 10, 2000
    Im running out of ideas:
    The figure walks toward Luke as he draws his lightsaber. Luke ignites his saber.
    Talks to the figure," What do you want?"
    "Where is Skywalker"
    This startles Luke. He thinks 'he doesnt know what i look like? This could be some kind of trick. maybe'. He desides to play along.
    "Skywalker isnt here", Luke says.
    "That is false. All information from posts says he is here"
    'There must be other spies like the lunch lady. Now what am i going to do?'
    "Um, he is out in the jungle"
    "There are no human life forms within a fifty mile radius, so that statment is also false."
    'What am i going to tell him. Might as well tell the truth and get it over with.'
    "Im Luke Skywalker."
    The figure (what should we call it)walks toward Luke.
    "Hello Skywalker. Now that ive found you, I can kill you."
    (scary music)

11. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    PrincessLaura: you are very welcome . And thank you for the sweet words on my stuff. I really appreciate it!

I can't wait to read your contribution, but I just ask one thing, and I hope you don't mind (actually, I'd like to ask this of everyone)... Please, no twists that have Callie turning evil and having to be "redeemed" by Luke? There are soooo many fanfics out there already that go down that path, so let's please be different and let Callie keep her dignity. I truly believe that if we were to stay true to her character (as she is portrayed on CotJ and PoT), then we shouldn't have her turning to evil. Callie was a good person--she wouldn't have turned to the dark side. In fact, this was the very reason she left Luke in the first place. Danger of succumbing to the dark side would have been the only thing that would have kept her from the love of her life.

Ok, end of lecture, I shall step down from my soapbox now

12. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Mooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL!!!!!! kenobi1377: You are doing a great job!!! Jedi15:Maybe you could help him out, he says he's running out of ideas.

13. Callista Sunrider

Jun 17, 1999
    Mooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOL!!!!!! kenobi1377: You are doing a great job!!! Jedi15:Maybe you could help him out, he says he's running out of ideas.

14. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Actually, kenobi1377, Terias was a he, but that's okay. And don't think your posts suck. They're great! Geez, we need to start boosting up some people's self-esteem in this thread.

Ooooh, here comes the big fight. Stand back everyone, because things are gonna get nasty...<*insert evil laughter*>

---------------------------------------------

"Who sent you?" Luke demanded, his palms sweating. Although he knew the Force would help him, he still couldn't help but feel uneasy about this situtation. "Was it the Empire?"

"Callista" moved in at that moment, ignoring his queries. Her fist came out, smashing right into Luke's jaw. It felt like an anvil had struck him in the face. Luke was knocked down by the force of the blow, his lightsaber clattering to the ground, away from his reach.

One hand went up, massaging his jaw. Nothing was broken, but it hurt like hell. "Ouch," Luke groaned, stumbling to his feet.

"Callista" swung another blow toward him. But Luke was able to block it this time. The droid spun and struck with her other fist. Luke grabbed her arm and mid-air and held her immobile, standing behind her and locking her arms behind her back.

"You'll have to do better than that," Luke said loudly in her ear.

"Callista" nodded, as if agreeing with him--just as her foot came up into the air, the sole of her boot hitting Luke squarely in the face. Luke cried out as his nose burst open with blood, and he fell on his rear.

"Me and my big mouth," Luke said, trying to get up again--but much slower than before.

With her opponent weakened, "Callista" moved in for the kill. As Luke regained his footing, she flipped into the air and landed right in front of him. She snapped a kick to his face, connecting cleanly. Luke's head snapped to one side, his ears ringing. Disoriented, he turned to face his adversary, and she kicked him again.

"Callista" then aimed a kick for his kneecap, intending to break it. Luke was able to leap over the kick--just barely, though. The fight was only beginning, and already Luke was tiring.

As he landed on his feet, "Callista" spun, and a roundhouse kick to his head twisted the Jedi Master around. Blood running down his mouth and nose, Luke spun back. "Callista" was already moving toward him.

Without thinking, he struck out, backhanding the droid across the face. It stunned her for a split second, and Luke tried for a kick to the gut. "Callista" saw it coming, and moved aside, snatching his leg in mid-kick. With a twirl, her foot lashed out, sweeping Luke's feet off the ground. The Jedi landed hard on his back, a jolt of pain running down his spine. His vision blurred.

Staring down at him, "Callista" brought her foot up and smashed it down on Luke's groin. The pain that followed immediately afterward was so great that Luke could barely even scream. As he writhed on the ground, "Callista" bent down, grabbed him by the back of his shirt, and threw him backwards into the air.

Luke screamed as he sailed through the air and landed none too gently on the ground. "Callista" waited until he had hit the ground and began striding toward him, murder in her gray eyes.

Get up! Luke's mind shouted. Hurry, before she kills you! With a weak grunt, Luke stood up, his legs wobbling and threatening to collapse at any given moment. Still, he wasn't going to go down without a fight.

"Callista" finally faced him, and she kicked him in the face. Luke's head snapped back, hard enough to give him whiplash, one of his neck muscles tearing. Without stopping there, "Callista" brought her foot up and repeatedly smacked it back and forth across Luke's face. After four or five kicks, Luke was about to drop from sheer pain and exhaustion.

"Callista" reached forth and grabbed the Jedi Master in a powerful armlock. As he tried feebly to free himself from her grip, she balled her other hand into a fist and landed several blows into his face. She continued pummeling him for a few seconds or so, Luke's face a bloodied mass.

Under all the hard blows, Luke was able to clear his mind again. As "Callista" prepared to hi

15. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    "Drop the weapon."

The voice was calm, deep, and unwavering. Luke craned his neck a few centimeters--it hurt like hell to do so--and though he could only make out a shadow behind the droid, every fiber of his being told him it was Callista.

His lover stepped from out of the shadows. "I said drop it," she repeated, not a hint of fear or trepidation in her voice.

The droid pivoted towards Callista without warning and unleashed a ferocious swing at her, but she managed to block it with her own topaz blade. Energy sparks dispersed in all directions as their blades met with fury again and again, the wicked humming ringing in Luke's ears.

Block and counter-block. Parry and counter-parry. Callista fought the droid with precision and control, and as Luke watched the two women sparring, he drew on the Force to expel the raging pain from his body.

Got to help her, he thought, using every bit of his effort to will the pain away. It obeyed him, and soon he felt the throbbing in his torn ligaments and bruises ease. Within a few seconds, he tore his lightsaber from his belt and ignited it in an emerald blaze.

"Callie!" he called out, as he lunged at the droid.

The droid wasn't expecting Luke's attack. She fell to the ground in a stunned heap, her blood-red saber flying out of her hand. Before she could summon it back to her outstretched hand, Luke beat her to it, and it leapt to his palm.

The droid twisted around to face him, horror in her eyes. Callista ran to the both of them and along with Luke, stood over the trembling body of the stranger. Stripped of her weapon and her confidence, she stared back at the couple with fear etched on her face.

"Now," said Callista, "We shall find out what's really going on..."

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-17-2000).]

16. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    The fear on the droid's face suddenly evaporated, changing into defiance.

"I'm not telling you anything," she spat out. "You'll have to kill me!"

Callista smiled--a sweet smile that belied a cunning sense underneath. "You're not getting away that easy," she said. "You've made our lives quite interesting for the past few days. And Luke and I want to find out why."

The droid swallowed hard and came up on her elbows. Luke squeezed the lightsaber in his hand instinctively, ready to activate it at a moment's notice. When he saw that the droid would make no sudden moves, he eased his grip on the metal handle.

"Who sent you?" he demanded. He tasted blood on his lip and he wiped it away with the sleeve of his Jedi robe.

"You think I'm going to tell-"

"Listen," Luke said, leaning in close to her, "I don't know what your mission is... But it stops right here and now. You've already killed one of my students. And if you think I'm going to let you come near anyone else-"

The droid laughed indignantly. "The all powerful Jedi Master... I'm so impressed, Skywalker. Don't forget I almost beat you at your own game just now."

Luke smiled back. "Almost," he said cooly, showing her he would not be easily intimidated, and he waved her saber in his hand. "But not quite."

She snarled and attempted to get up, but stumbled back to all fours within a few seconds, automatically reaching for her shin. "Blast it!" she hissed. "You broke my leg!"

Luke rubbed a finger at his still sore jaw. "And you just about broke my face," he countered.

Callista stepped closer to the droid. It must have been stange for her, Luke thought, to look at her mirror-image, a reminder of what could have been if she had chosen a dark path instead of the light.

"Who sent you," she said calmly.

The droid smiled a wicked smile and leaned in towards Callista. "You'll have to work just a little bit harder to find that out, sweetie."

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-17-2000).]

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Nicely saved, Jedi Callie.

Also, I would like to thank everyone here who has so far contributed to the story: Callista Sunrider, Jedi Callie, Ambassador Cara Jade, kenobi1377, Darth Triad, Lelila Jade, Jedi Qel-Droma, and anyone else I left out. It's people like you who make me proud to be a Callista fan.

Anyways, more story awaits...

"She what?"

"Yes, Admiral," the Imperial officer replied, averting his gaze from the infuriated Daala. "The HRD was captured by Skywalker and his Jedi students. Our spies have just confirmed it."

Daala took several deep breaths, careful not to lose her temper. It would do the situation no good. "That droid is the most lethal weapon I have," she said slowly, but dangerously. "If those Jedi now have her, then there is no chance our plans will bear fruit."

The commander nodded, fear evident in his eyes.

Daala glared at him with emerald daggers. "What are you standing there for, soldier?" she snapped furiously. "Go retrieve that droid at once and bring me Skywalker's head--or I'll settle with yours."

The Imperial nodded and signed off.

Daala sat back in her chair and sighed. "Do I always have to do everything around here?" she said bitterly.

CALLISTA RULES!!!

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 03-17-2000).]

18. kenobi1377

Mar 10, 2000
    I want to applade everyone who work on this its getting good.

19. Eagle888

Eagle888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Luke and Callista left the brig half an hour later. "So, how'd it go?" Kyp asked as he and Dorsk 81 ran to meet them.

"She wouldn't answer any of our questions," Luke said solemnly. "We put her in the brig with the Bothan assassin."

"Was she able to tell you anything?" Kyp pressed.

Callista shook her head. "Nothing. Their lips are sealed as far as they're concerned. We'll figure out how to deal with them later. In the meantime, we'd better keep an eye out."

"Could the Empire be behind this?" asked Dorsk 81.

"It's a possibility," Luke admitted softly. "No...I know it's them. Some warlord must've constructed the Callista droid and sent her to kill me."

"I have a very bad feeling about this," Kyp said uneasily, looking around the cramped metallic corridor. "I've been sensing a disturbance in the Force ever since this morning."

"Join the club," Luke said, knowing exactly what his student was going through.

"So, what now?" Dorsk 81 asked.

Callista gave the Khomm alien a reassuring smile. "What else? We wait."

20. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    The group split up and headed off in different directions. As Callista headed down the darkened corridor, she thought she saw something up ahead.

A shadow.

Curious, she began speeding up and headed down the tunnel. She turned a corner--

--and saw Djinn Altis staring back at her.

Callista shrieked and backed up against the metal wall. By the time she had recovered from her initial shock, he was gone.

Callista looked at her surroundings, an overwhelming sense of dread taking over her mind. Why does this keep happening? she said to herself. Is he trying to tell me something?

In the back of her mind, Callista could hear her former Master whispering to her...Callista...Luke will die...

21. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Even in the stillness of their room, the jumbled noise in Callista's head made it hard for her to think. It seemed she had stood there for hours, arms folded on her chest, the sound of her steady breath the only sound in the room.

She felt Luke's arms slide around her waist, and she leaned back, taking his arms and tightening them around her.

"Hey," he whispered in her ear. "A penny for your thoughts?"

She turned and pressed her forehead to his. "You already know what I'm thinking," she answered back as he kissed her smiling mouth.

"Crazy day, huh?"

She nodded wanly. "You can say that again."

He pulled her even closer to him--so close that she could feel his breath on her face. As she looked in his eyes, she could see the many things he wanted to tell her, could almost see the words forming in his mind. At long last he said simply, "Have I told you lately how I love you?"

She smiled and brought her hand to his face. "Yeah," she said, "but I love hearing it over and over, so can you tell me again?"

"Gladly," he said, and took her face in his hands and kissed her--his warmth, his energy, his spirit infusing themselves into her.

When they finally parted, she felt her cheeks flush. "How did I get this lucky?" she whispered. "All those years on that forsaken ship... I never thought I'd find human contact again and now--not only did I, but I found so much more..."

"I think," said Luke, "we saved each other."

She smiled at him. "Spoken like a wise Jedi Master," she said.

A furious pounding at the door interrupted the lovers. Luke broke from her embrace and made his way to the door. It slid open to reveal a shaken Kyp.

"Master Luke... I'm sorry to intrude, but it's an emergency..."

"Kyp, what is it?" Luke said, pulling him in the room. Just then Callista noticed the blood-torn clothing he wore.

"Stars, what happened?" she exclaimed, rushing to their side, and pressing a hand to the bleeding wound on his abdominal area.

Kyp shook his head. "I'll be all right-"

"The hell you will be!" Callista said.

"-Tionne... You must help Tionne... Master Luke, Callista... She's in bad shape, you have to come..."

22. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Oh shoot, I'm sorry, Empress Palpatine!!! I was so excited to continue the story that I inadvertently posted while you were posting as well!

Ok folks, we can ignore mine if you'd like to continue in her direction . Her post came up first, after all... We'll just move my scene back to later on in the story, like after her encounter with Djinn...

23. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    No need for an apology, Jedi Callie. Your post still works!

24. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Woohoo! Page 3! This story is still going strong!

Now, let's find out what happened to poor Tionne...

Luke and Callista help support Kyp as he led them to the infirmary. Blood flowed from the injury on his stomach; he was losing a lot of it, too. Callista did what she could and managed to block the flow of flood from his wound with the Force. It worked, but just barely. He would need medical help--and fast.

"Tionne..." Kyp whimpered, wincing as he took another step. "She's hurt...you've gotta help...please..."

Minutes later, they finally reached the infirmary.

"What's wrong?" What she saw in the room horrified her. She gasped. "Tionne!"

Tionne--a beautiful, silver-haired woman who loved to sing ballads of heroic Jedi Knights--laid on the medi-table in a coma. Her injuries were even more grevious than Kyp's; it looked as if she had been brutally beaten by something large and blunt.

"I found her, Master Skywalker," said Cilghal, the Calmarian healer. "Kyp was lying next to her, nearly out. He can't remember what happened to him and Tionne. She's in bad shape, I'm afraid."

Callista stood in shock. Could the Callista droid have...? "Tionne, what happened?" No answer. "She's not dead, is she?" She could feel her throat tighten at the possibility. Please...she silently begged. We've already lost one. Not another...

"I don't know at this point. I just checked her out. She may recover, but we don't know what condition she's in. It looks like someone tried to smash her head in with a club. They then used a stun blaster to knock her out further. Kyp tried to help, but they attacked him as well. I'm doing to do everything I can to save her; I promise."

"Call Kam and Kirana Ti here immediately," Luke said urgently. "Comb this entire place for any Imperials."

"Luke, you don't think...?" Callista said, meeting her lover's eyes.

Luke knew what she was thinking. "I don't know, Callista," he said honestly. "I don't know."

"The two prisoners are still locked up," Cilghal told them. "I just checked. It wasn't them."

"No," Callista said, a sickening sensation in her gut. "It was their companions, whoever they are. They're somewhere in this temple...looking for them. Tionne and Kyp must've gotten in their way." Her resolve strengthened. "Then we'll just have to find them before they find that droid."

"I'll stay here with Tionne and Kyp," Cilghal said. "But I'll need a medical droid to assist me."

"I'll get one for you," Luke said. "And I'll have Kam and Kirana Ti here within ten minutes."

"I'm going to check this area out," Callista said.

Luke gave her a look. Callista recognized it; it was the "You're-not-going-anywhere-without-me" look he had given her several times before.

"Don't even think of trying to stop me, Luke," Callista said sternly. "I can take care of myself."

Luke was taken aback by her rebuke, then realized that she did have a point. After all, she had regained her Force powers. He nodded. "No problem. Just be careful."

Callista gave him a wink. "Hey...I'm always careful."

Brakiss crept down the dark tunnel, careful that none of the Jedi students saw him.

He had left Tionne and Kyp for dead just outside the prison corridor. Kyp had been carrying the identification card needed to open the cell door that held the Callista HRD and the Bothan assassin, and he had refused to give them to Brakiss. So Brakiss had to be a little more insistent...

Brakiss had once been an Imperial agent. Master Skywalker had known about this, and still thought he could make Brakiss see the light.

Skywalker was a fool. He had no idea of all Brakiss had been through--the separation from his mother, the terrible Imperial training, the brainwashing, the nightmares. No one here could understand.

Luckily, the Empire was willing to give him a second chance.

Brakiss finally reached the cell door, and, using the identification card, slipped it through the lock. A green light flashed above him, and the door slid open.

Mere seconds later, "Ca

25. kenobi1377

Mar 10, 2000
    hey jedi you got it going OOONNNN!!
    keep it up. i cant write any more today my brain is mush and its only 10:30!!
    Well this story is getting better all the time (now im quoting the beatles).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.