main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Callista...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Callista Sunrider, Aug 12, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Jedi15: I have nothing to add for right now (I'm working on my own fanfic at the moment--gotta be disciplined *hehe*), but I just wanted to commend you on that last passage! I especially loved the little wink that Callie gave Luke and her comment of, "I'm always careful."

Great job!!! I love how you've got them interacting with each other

2. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    POST! POST! POST!!

I really enjoy this but have no idea how it could go on!!!

3. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

4. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    test post

5. Jedi15

Jedi15 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 1999
    Hmmm...looks like our thread has been moved to another forum. No biggie, though.

Thanks for the compliment, Jedi Callie. I think your posts are excellent as well--as are everyone else's here. Good luck with your fanfic (maybe you could post it in this forum too ), but hurry back soon!

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

---------------------------------------------

Callista, after wishing Luke, Kyp, and Cilghal farewell, wandered away from the infirmary and silently stalked down the poorly lit corridor, her lightsaber blazing as her guide. As far as she could tell, she was alone--but she knew it wouldn't last for long.

The tunnel was deathly silent, the only noise being Callista's ragged breathing. Sweat ran down her face, stinging her eyes. Callista wiped them away and continued onward.

As she walked, the image of Djinn Altis standing before her replayed over and over in her mind. Was it really his spirit, trying to warn her of an inevitable danger...or was she just going insane?

Callista was glad to have her Force powers back--she would certainly need it at this time--but she still had no idea how she got it back. Was this necessarily a good thing? Was Djinn trying to warn her about that?

Then she recalled the voice in her head. Luke will die...What had Djinn meant by that? Would the Human Replica Droid kill her lover? Well, Callista wasn't about to let that happen to Luke--or to anyone, for that matter.

Oh, how she wished her mother could have been here now. Growing up motherless had left Callista permanently scarred. How she longed to feel her mother's kiss on her face, the soft feeling of her long, black hair, her gentle smile, her kind heart...But those were only empty dreams. Callista knew that she could regain the innocence she had lost from her mother's death. It was tragic, but true.

Still, that didn't prevent her from dreaming.

Callista suddenly heard a noise from up ahead. Taking a deep breath, she moved forth, her feet making hardly any noise. A she moved, she vaguely could hear the sound of footsteps.

Moving away from her.

Her Force senses on alert, Callista headed for the prison cell that held the two Imperial captives. Something in her gut told her that she must go there. Although she didn't know what to expect, Callista had an extremely bad feeling that--

Her train of thought was interrupted when she arrived at the cell door. It had been opened.

By the person or persons who had attacked Kyp and Tionne.

Swallowing a lump in her throat, Callista took a look inside.

What she saw staggered her. Apparently, the two room mates didn't get along so well. The walls of the cell were caked with dried alien blood. As her eyes drank in the horrible sight, Callista saw the corpse of the Bothan woman, her body completely torn apart. All that was left of her was a bloodied, unrecognizable mass of flesh.

Her hand going up to her mouth to stifle a gasp, Callista backed away from the cell and began running down the hallway. The HRD was loose.

Luke had to know about this immediately.

Or had the droid already reached him?

Luke will die...

No! Callista's mind shouted in rage. I will NOT let that happen! I swear on my mother's grave!

She had barely turned a corner before a figure stepped from the shadows, barring her path. Callista let out an involuntary yelp of surprise and stepped back, holding her lightsaber high in the air.

The figure stepped out of the darkness, revealing "Callista".

"Well, well, well," the droid said as she closed in on Callista. "Look at me."

6. Lelila Jade

Lelila Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    Uh oh! eek.gif

7. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Jedi15: another great job!! I've got my work cut out for me . Here's hoping that as I write this, I don't inadvertently conflict with someone else's contributions LOL.

Btw, thanks for your compliments. I don't think I'll be posting my fanfic in the forum, but you're more than welcome to check it out on my site . That way, only those who want to see it get to see it!

Ok, back to our scheduled programming...

~~~

"I see you've noticed my handiwork already," the droid smirked. "Nasty little thing... If she had only been more cooperative I would have--not torn her apart so..."

Her cackle sent chills up Callista's spine.

If you lay a hand on Luke, I'll...

Callista took a deep breath. Calm. A Jedi must be calm. At peace. Djinn had drilled this into their heads enough times. The dark side was never the way to the light, she reminded herself. She had to fight to keep her anger at bay here.

"What's the matter, sweetie? Can't find your tongue?" her mirror image taunted. "You're really too squeamish. It's just a little blood..."

"This stops here and now," Callista said, managing to keep her voice on an evel keel, though the emotions raged within her. Not another one... Not another one...

"Who says? You're going to stop me, are you?"

She took a step closer to Callista, and Callista's hand automatically went for the lightsaber at her side. She would be ready.

"You beat me earlier because you had your boyfriend helping you," she said, inching closer to Callista. "But now it's just the two of us. Are you willing to risk it?"

"I'll do what I have to do to stop you," Callista shot back. She smiled back at the droid, and watched her snarl in response. "I've already died once," she said. "I'm not afraid of dying again."

8. Jedi Qel-Droma

Jedi Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2000
    Great post, 15! You too, Jedi Callie!

So...what happens next?

[This message has been edited by Jedi Qel-Droma (edited 03-19-2000).]

9. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    "Well, I'm glad you feel that way, because you will die tonight. And so will your beloved Jedi Master..."

"No!!!!!!!"

If she hadn't mentioned Luke, Callista would have never flown into a rage like she did. Within a few seconds, she tore her lightsaber from her belt and it snap-hissed to life--its sun-colored blade casting an eerie yellow hue in the darkness of the temple. As she moved to strike against her unguarded opponent, something stopped her...

Callista...

She stepped back, and saw that her opponent was just as stunned as she was.

Callista, the voice beckoned again. This time she knew who it was--it was Djinn. Anger leads to the dark side. Do not take her bait...

Callista deactivated her blade and took in a shaky inhale. But a few seconds later, she regreted having disarmed herself. Without warning, the droid snatched free her own saber and slashed at Callista--narrowly missing her shoulder.

Again their blades made contact, yellow and red coloring the lightless crypt with their fire.

Inch for inch, stride for stride, the droid matched her every move perfectly. And though it didn't feel like it overpowered her, neither did she feel she could overpower it.

Blades humming, crackling in the still, dense night air, Callista gritted her teeth and drew on all her energy to fight off the droid. She didn't know how much longer she could keep doing this.

Luke, she finally whispered, knowing he could hear her wherever he was. Luke, please come...

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-19-2000).]

10. Eagle888

Eagle888 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

11. Empress Palpatine

Empress Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    I'm just curious--why the hell was our thread moved to this forum? I mean, was there really a reason to do this? Was the other forum running out of room or something? confused.gif

Anyways, good post, Jedi15. I'll DEFINITELY be looking forward to this fight.

CALLISTA RULES!!! redface.gif tongue.gif cool.gif eek.gif rolleyes.gif http://indigo.ie/~owenc/flash.gif

12. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    The fight continued, growing more intense and violent as Callista met "Callista" with each blow and slash. The two combatants fought on, each trying to overpower the other.

Callista drew upon the Force, as Djinn had advised her, using it for the light rather than the dark. She aimed a chop toward the droid's neck, intending to decapitate her right then and there.

The droid saw the blow coming and easily deflected the topaz blade aside. She sneered wickedly in the Jedi's face. "You'll have to do better than that, sweetie," she said teasingly, her voice thick with contempt.

Finally losing it, Callista unleashed her anger and kicked the droid full in the chest, sending her stumbling back. Then, with a spin, and slashed downwards, aiming for the HRD's head--

Moving faster than anticipated, "Callista" blocked the blade with her own. "Much better," she said, even as she brought the palm of her hand smashing into Callista's chest. The force of the blow sent the Jedi flying backwards through the air, unable to control her momentum. She hit the floor seconds later, her ribs sore from the punch.

"But not good enough, dear," the HRD called from across the corridor. "If that's the best you can do, then this'll be easy."

As Callista staggered to her feet, the droid charged forth with her saber. Callista met the red sword with her own, producing sparks that flew in all directions, lighting up the corridor. "Callista" then slashed toward her opponent's head, but the Jedi woman was able to dodge it.

Thinking fast, Callista jabbed her blade toward the droid's gut. Unfortunately, her opponent saw the blow coming, and kicked the blade away from her with her foot. "Oops," she said sarcastically, taking a step back. "Nice try, but no cigar."

The two opponents circled each other, one wary of the other, their lightsabers humming in the darkness.

"Do you honestly think you can win?" the droid taunted, her voice dripping with venom. "You are pathetic. You couldn't even beat a baby kaadu if you tried."

Callista gave her a challenging grin. "Shut up and fight," she snarled.

With that, the two combatants clashed into each other again. They fought for minutes on end, neither gaining the upper hand, both sides evenly matched. At least for now.

The HRD fought with such strength and speed that Callista was finding it difficult to concentrate, even with the Force. Her energy was beginning to wear off, whereas the droid looked as if she could do this all day and night. Callista would have to win this fight quickly.

But how?

Finally finding an opening, the HRD spun and smashed her elbow into Callista's face, striking her in the jaw. Callista's head snapped back from the blow, and the droid followed with an uppercut that burst open the Jedi's lips. She staggered to one side, her strength starting to diminish.

With her opponent, weakened, the HRD snatched Callista by the hair, bent her forth, and smashed her knee into the woman's face. Callista's nose shattered like water bursting through a dam, and she would've collapsed if the droid hadn't been holding her.

With a laugh if joy, the droid, still holding Callista by the hair, flipped her in the air. The Jedi's back bounced off the metal floor, a jolt of pain rushing down her spine. Getting up to one knee, she looked up to see a triumphant "Callista" grinning down at her.

"Goodbye, Callista," she said coldly, as she raised her saber over her head and prepared to deliver the killing blow.

Her mind whirring, Callista brought her foot back and slammed it against the droid's gut with all her might. It was enough to knock her away, sending her up against the wall.

With the droid caught off guard, Callista crawled on all fours and retrieved her lightsaber. She then stood up and began running away from the fight.

"Callista" recovered from the attack seconds later and stared after the fleeing woman, a grin playing at the corners of her lipsticked mouth. "I love a good chase," she said as she slowly, but confidently, followed her identical opponent.

13. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Wow, no one writes those fight scenes like you, Jedi15!! I am taking notes *hehe*. I don't do well with them at all (hence the weak offerings I have LOL), but yours are very good indeed

14. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    No, Jedi Callie. They're not weak at all. Like you said, you prefer to write romance over action. With ME, however, that's vice versa.

Besides, I like having my opponents beat the living **** out of each other.

Just wait 'til we get to Luke...

15. Darth Triad

Darth Triad Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 1999
    Only 2 more posts until this baby makes 100...

[This message has been edited by Darth Triad (edited 03-19-2000).]

16. Lelila Jade

Lelila Jade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2000
    No, 1!!

Terrific posts, Jedi15 and Jedi Callie. You guys are the best writers we have! Write more soon!

[This message has been edited by Lelila Jade (edited 03-19-2000).]

17. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    This site has officially reached its 100th post! Let's give ourselves a hand, everybody!

[This message has been edited by Jedi15 (edited 03-19-2000).]

18. Darth Triad

Dec 31, 1999
    100 posts!

Yeah, baby, yeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!

19. Empress Palpatine

Dec 31, 1999
  20. Jedi Qel-Droma

Jedi Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2000
    Kyp stood over Tionne's inert form. His head had been bandaged up, but it still throbbed with pain. Of course, that pain was trivial compared to Tionne's. He gently stroked her beautiful silver hair, tears welling up in his eyes. She was still breating; her heart was still beating. Just barely, though

"Will she live?" he asked Cilghal as the Calamarian tended to her wounds.

"I hope so, Kyp. I really hope so."

21. PrincessLaura

PrincessLaura Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 26, 1999
    WOOOOOOOW!!!
    That was so cool!! [​IMG]

22. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Admiral Daala paced around the bridge platform, patiently awaiting the next report from the Imperials on Yavin 4. She glanced at the enormous viewscreen, awestruck by the power of her mighty fleet.

If only Tarkin were here to see this.

Colonel Cronus suddenly contacted her from one of the Victory-class Star Destroyers, his face replacing the view of the Imperial fleet. "Admiral, shall we proceed on to Yavin 4 as planned?"

Daala shook her head. "No, not yet. Wait until the spies report back. If our plans goes wrong, we'll move on to OPERATION: WIPEOUT. Either way, I win...and the Jedi lose."

23. Empress Palpatine

Dec 31, 1999
    Brakiss slipped back into his room, locking the door so as not to be disturbed by the Jedi trainees.

Moving over to the window, he got out his comm-link and contacted the Imperial camp, not far away from the Great Temple. "Lieutenant Kelron, this is Brakiss. Come in. Mission is accomplished."

"Excellent work, Brakiss," a voice said from the communicator. "Remain where you are for now. The HRD will finish the job."

"Skywalker will no doubt soon realize that the droid has escaped."

Kelron paused. "That's what we're counting on."

---------------------------------------------

eek.gif

24. Jedi15

Nov 7, 1999
    Great additions, guys! I'll post some more later when I get the time.

For now, suffice to say: This thread RULES!

25. Darth Triad

Dec 31, 1999
    MORE! MORE! MORE!

I need MORE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.