main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Christopher Lee dies before the production of Ep. III?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Macho, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    What if Rick dies
    What if Natalie dies
    What if Hayden dies
    What if Ian dies
    What if Frank dies
    What if Ewan dies
    What if Sam dies
    What if Anthony dies
    What if the guy who brings George his coffee dies
    What if one of the set designers dies
    What if George's wife dies, then there might not even be an Ep III
    What if the camerman dies
    What if the third trumpet in John Williams orchestra dies

What if we stop making these ridiculous, VERY redundent threads??

Just a thought. :D

2. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Darth_Dragon, as many on Page 1 have reasoned, this thread is not irrelevant, because Lee is of an age where he could possibly die within the next few years.

I sincerely hope that Lee doesn't die before completing his scenes in Star Wars. I also think that no artist should die before they can see their creation, and therefore he should at least live to see the film.

3. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    On the subject of how much of the duels Christopher Lee did, I hate to contradict anyone here, but according to an interview I recorded off the television around about the time of Attack of the Clones's release, Christopher Lee said that he did actually do most of the dueling that we see in the film, and he also said that it might not have been such a terribly good idea. I'll try to get the exact quote, if that helps.

Anyhow, to get back on topic, this is something that worries me too rather, but he does seem to be in better shape than most eighty year olds, so I think he'll be alive and well for Episode III. I hope, anyhow!

4. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    He'll be fine, don't worry about it. Everything is going to be fine... :D
    Cheer up!

5. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm not saying it's irrelevent G_A_E, I'm mainly saying it's very redundent. I've seen Idon't know how many threads like this, from Lee to JEJ to John Williams. It would be tragic if he died, however. Not for Ep III's loss, just for the loss of a really great actor and person.

6. WellKnownCharacter

WellKnownCharacter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    This IS a morbid thread but youve just gotta mentally prepare for those type of things.
    I mean one of the scenes I'm pretty damn sure we will see involving Anakin Vs Dooku with a watching Sidious ALA Jedi would not be able to take place.
    Imagine how weird it would be when we watch them if after establishing the character of Dooku in Ep II the opening crawl of III said
    '...by the way,that really important and evil traitor that instigated a lot of the last film-well he's not in this one.'

Or something to that effect.

7. A-New-Hope

A-New-Hope Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2002
    Well, by the time we start Epi III, Lucas would have explained how to come back after dying and Lee will therefore come back as a blue ghost...sitting among us as we watch Epi III like those ghosts in the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland. Wuuhahahahahaha!

8. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    OK I understand.

Well all we can do is not dwell on it and hope for the best. He does seem to be healthier than most people his age, which is a very good sign.

9. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahh...hahahahh.BYE.

10. Verry

Verry Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    Hey James and Chris, we need you now in case that you die!!

How does that work. You can't just say, we need you in case you die?

11. Tayschrenn

Tayschrenn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2002
    On a very technical level, yes you can. :p

Though, I agree, it would be quite well... awkward. I doubt they were actually recorded though, I think we would have heart alot more rumours going around about it, and what some of the lines were, etc, had it been done.

IMO.

Tayschrenn

12. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    If,God forbid,he does die before filming Ep3,maybe they'll do what Ed Wood did when Bela Lugosi died during filming of Plan Nine From Outer Space,shoot his scenes with a look alike actor,hieght be damned,but part of his face be covered and he doesn't speak.

Just kidding.

13. darthgetalife

darthgetalife Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2002
    it'll be sad , but for the history wise it won't make much diference , after all Dooku certainly will die in EP III ( there can only be a master and aprendice ).
    So if mr. Lee is alive in 2005 his character will be killed by Vader allowing to become Sidous aprendice.
    If mr. Lee dies before 2005 EP. III simply will begin with Sidious reaching Anakin to turn him Vader .
    Taht's all .
    But if the guy who started this thread dies before 2005 he'll never what happens ? so stop jinxing people ( eheheheheheheh ?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.