main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Darth vader had Survived

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by darth187, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth187

darth187 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    Not taking this too seriously but what do you think would have happened if darth vader had survied at the end of ROTJ.

How would he have been percived walking into a meeting?
    Would they have gotten him into another suite?
    What mapct would this have had on the Books?

This just kind of popped into my head as a kind of spoof idea. but imagine his evil presence coming into advise on diplomatic situations.

it would have been cool too see as a giggle. But imagine how EU would be now

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Well, he'd probably look like this:

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/bd/WhiteVader.jpg]

But, that aside, it was sort of covered in Star Wars Infinities: Return of the Jedi.

3. darth187

darth187 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    im talking after a kind of redemption. just him surving not the same story as infinties

4. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I'd imagine he go into exile.

He just comitted too many atrocities over too many years. He would never be accepted back into everyday life. He would be a revenge seeker's magnet. I imagine that Luke would want to spend some time with him, improving on his hurried and rushed Jedi training, which would probably speed development of the New Jedi Order.

Most interesting would be how Leia would react.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    White Vader was the stupidest thing in the history of stupid. In fact, they built a monument of it and called it Mt. Stupid.

:p

6. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    That's funny, I thought they called it Mt. Yoda... [face_whistling]

:p

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ever wondered why Mt. Sorrow was so sad? This is why.

8. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    From what I remember, the suit Vader was in was supposedly rather painful.

And we saw from when Luke lost his hand that the replacement was made to look and feel like a natural one, so maybe if Vader had survived, he would've been able to replace his arms and legs, and maybe something similar on his chest and a smaller mask that just covered his mouth and nose. I'm sure they could find a way to grow him a new head of hair.

Just throwing some ideas around there

9. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005
    As stated above, I think he would have been re-built again, in a more human manner ie, Lukes hand and Starkiller TFU, they might have worked artificial lungs so he didn't need a mask and graft another face etc on perhaps?

And of course he no longer would've been Darth Vader, once again being called Anakin Skywalker.

10. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Well... I thought of this years ago and Anakin would have to be in one of those bacta tanks or something for a long time. I was thinking that his tissues or added tissues would grow and he would get cybernetic replacements for his arms/hands and legs with skin. Probably some organs would be donated to preserve his bodily functions. He'd have to undergo some intensive surgeries, which will involve a lot of healing and exercises once things are set in stone. He'd basically have his old body back before it was all...burned and stuff. lol.

I think he would be a commanding military officer/Jedi...

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm thinking he would go into exile. Vader wasn't stupid and I think he knew when he'd burned his bridges. I don't see him actively helping OR hurting the Rebellion, in fact, were he really to want to live, he would have grabbed Luke's light saber and killed Palpatine, IMO. Instead, he did the one thing he had to know would kill himself.

12. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I agree with this one. Though, I think if there had been a way for him to wear something that didn't look and sound like the Darth Vader mask, he might have been able to get a new identity and live a relatively normal life. However, trouble follows anyone with Skywalker blood, so a normal life is probably out of the question. :p

13. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I think he would've gone into exiile, but it'd be hard for Vader to live a normal life, being Vader. After all, who can name a Skywalker who's lived a normal life?

14. fancyrats

fancyrats Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2008
    I agree that his life wouldn't be normal. Knowing his personality, especially his caring about others, I'm sure he would be out there freeing slaves and doing what he could to help people. No more Jedi; no more Sith. Just Anakin and the Force making the galaxy a better place.
    Hmm. I forgot about his suit. I guess I'll agree with the opinions stated earlier about new technology allowing him to revert back to a more human look.

15. darthsatan66

darthsatan66 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2008
    there was nat skywalker who lived s normal life in legacy era had 3 adopted kids and a wife till he bumped into cade and also vader might of got a new suit so advanced that he would look diffrent than befor so no one would no who he was since he would be anikin skywalker people thought he died remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.