main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT What if Disney Doesn't Ever release OOT On Blu-Ray?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by GuardianSoulBlade, Sep 16, 2015.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
  2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Releasing the OOT on BD would be a huge cash cow. They could fund the next two sequels off the profts.

3. Jangounchained1990

Jangounchained1990 Jedi Knight star 2

May 31, 2015

What does BD stand for?

4. JediMasterAang

JediMasterAang Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2015
    I disagree. Most people(that is to say, the vast majority of Star Wars consumers, not the fanbase) don't care about the OOT. They just buy Star Wars because it's Star Wars. They're not going to shell out money for another release just because it's the unaltered originals.

I don't think Disney/Lucasfilm is going to put the time, effort, and money into producing the cuts either, since they're focused on moving forward with the new films, books, comics, etc.

5. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    The Internet will take care of things, then. They'll be the Rebel Alliance to Disney/Lucasfilm's Empire. There's already a ton of efforts on the way that have done a pretty good job.

6. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I keep seeing this statement from a lot of people and think it's really weird. I mean, if there's enough of an audience to where Blade Runner releases every single version of the movie, can you imagine how many more Star Wars fans there are, ones who buy every release anyways, who will buy the Star Wars version of that? It's a little strange to underplay the audience for this.

lovelikewinter likes this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Which is hilarious, because if you go to the reviews pages for either the Blu-rays of the digital releases, the scores are pretty low because there are a ridiculous amount of 1-star reviews simply for not being the OOT. There are a lot of people who don't care. There are a lot of people who prefer the SE. There are also a lot of people who prefer the OOT and have wanted to own it in a high quality release for nearly two decades.

8. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have long gotten use to the improbability of this being released. It was a complete surprise in 2006 when it was announced, so I guess even though that release was inferior (but not so bad on the 27" non-HDTV I use to use), without it I would still be aggravated watching my videotapes.

9. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    If they don't I'll soldier as I already have

10. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015