main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What if Domino and Ahsoka were the focus of the show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Mzukiller, Oct 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    No hear me out. When this series was announced, it was said that more focus would be put towards clones, and which clones are the most interesting? Rex and Domino squad. Now as we all know, for some strange reason all of Domino is dead, save Fives. I feel like in the place of say, Anakin. Fives should have a greater spot.

I'm not asking for clones wielding Lightsabers, but I am asking for a story that doesn't have to jump hoops through and shatter canon just to fit people like Anakin and Obi Wan in.

My Ideal series would be Fives and his Jedi Commander, Ahsoka Tano and some obscure Jedi Master fighting The Clone Wars with occasional cameos and roles from big players like Anakin and Mace Windu. This all goes back to my other Thread about lack of character. Having Ahsoka not be apprentice to the Chosen One, even though it was never documented that he has an apprentice would definitely lower her level on the Sue bar.

Then there's Domino Squad, still kill them off, but don't do it each episode their in. Give them enough time to be developed so that people care when they bite it.

So Comments, Concerns, Critique, Ideas? Also, anyone wanna make a fan fiction series about this?

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It wouldn't be the show *I* would want to watch, although incorporating some of that into TCW would of course be perfectly fine. I'm not that clone-focused, for one thing, admittedly.

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    If the Jedi Commander wasn't Ahsoka it'd be awesome. :D She's grown on me a bit, but that's merely risen her from usually irritating to usually tolerable.

Garth Maul likes this.
  4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    People would be complaining about Ahsoka and her Mary Sueness?

5. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd think just about any main protagonist in a primarily kids show is going to come off as a Mary Sue/Gary Stu based on the Ahsoka argument.

6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Why do people call it a kids show... sure its got some stupid lines and some characters look childish like mr snail in the upcoming droid arc, but then we got decaps and arms getting lopped off... but i mean

this is Star Wars! Not some stupid kids show that we usually get on these lame cartoon channels... get so tired when people say "oh its just a kids show"

7. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I didn't blow it off as 'just a kids show,' but that is the primary demographic they were aiming for in the beginning. My point was Ahsoka seems to be a creation for the younger kids to relate to, and other character to fill that role would probably have the same tendencies.

8. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    I didn't mean to attack you

Season 1 and 2 probs were a bit more childish, but were still watchable. season 3 and 4 got lot more darker, and even Filoni and Lucas said they are aiming for a more of a ROTS feel... That kind of tells me the "kid show" days are over?

Plus Ahsoka might have been made to appease to the younger fans but I'm in my late teens and I like her ;)

9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm almost 20 and I like her as a character as well, I was just thinking those that don't like her still probably wouldn't even if she wasn't Anakin's padawan in the proposed idea. I should have been more specific in my first post. Seasons 3-5 certainly are more teen/adult oriented.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    When I got into this show in the middle of S3 and caught up on the two and a half seasons, I was already noticing how violent the show is, which I didn't expect at all since I was expecting it to be a children's show. Don't forget in S1 alone there are original main characters stabbed through the back with a lightsaber with a dramatic pause on the death-shot in Duel of the Droids and Cloak of Darkness, and in Hostage Crisis, Cad Bane shoots a Senator the same species as Ree-Yees (don't know the species name) point-blank and there's a smoking hole through his body which flops to the ground. Pretty jarring stuff!

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That'd be the Gran species, Tarkas.

We had a great thread on the Temp boards discussing TCW's nature as a kid's show. I stated there that TCW strikes a reasonable balance between kiddie stuff and adult stuff.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno if I would have been sucked in initially with just Ahsoka and the Clones, actually, as much as I have become a bit of a clone fangirl. I gotta be honest it was originally Anakin and Obi-wan being in the show as familiar characters that sucked me in as I started watching season 1. However I do think a spin off with Domino Squad or a lot more focus for them would have been cool. The Adventures of Echo and Fives is something I'd watch.

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Change of focus or setting can't make up for piss-poor writing. It'd still suck.

Mzukiller likes this.
  14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Imagining a world where the series is just Ahsoka and clones, written by Katie Lucas.

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_nail_biting]

16. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Its COLONEL SNAIL for you, Mr.!

17. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    You mean TCW?

[​IMG]

We already have this!

18. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    Not if she wasn't so comparable to Anakin...you remember Anakin, he's Jedi Jesus.

Remove the Main Star Wars people, make a spin off, if you will and you've got a show.

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    While simultaneously being Jedi Devil. ;)

Spazmatron likes this.
  20. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Every episde involving clones that are either A/B protagonist I have enjoyed. Asohka could die today and I wouldn't break a sweat. The only thing that is attractive about her character is her relationship with Anakin. How will her undenying death affect Anakin, that is the only thing I care about. Besides that, she's only there to attract little jacob and timmy. Just my opinion.

Mzukiller likes this.
  21. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    You mean Ashoka isn't?

22. DM99

DM99 Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 26, 2012
    Little Jacob and little Timmy.

[​IMG]

23. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Something similar for me.

I thought it would be "Commander-Skywalker" and "General-Ben" leading the cloned-fighters in the Clone War(s). Or something. Tano was an unwelcome surprise at first. I still think she's a bit of a Sue, but Tano's not nearly as off-putting as she was in the beginning. Ashley's voice has certainly grown on me and softened the character some. So my answer now would be, "Yeah, maybe I'll watch Domino and Snips" but if you asked me back then, I would have said "No. Not interested."

Recently, I've really tried to remain focused on what I like and enjoy about TCW, instead what crops up that annoys me... They don't care about ten year old, three dollar comics, so why should I? I gave mine away this summer<-(surprisingly liberating) and now I am no longer concerned with them. They are going to do what they please; with or without my viewership, so why waste that precious energy? I was prepared for this when they ignored Jedi vs Sith to re-write Bane's story and those comics were my re-entry into Star Wars. If I could get over that fury, how long could changes to Obsession hang me up? Dead horses don't rise. Its all a matter of perspective, and I'm not here because of all the things that tick me off... With how busy life has gotten, I only have so much time online and I'd rather spend the majority of mine talking about the fun aspects of Star Wars.

But not to worry, the old Basher in me still lurks beneath the surface...
    So I reserve the right to go-off if they do something REALLY stupid.
    :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.