main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if everything goes back to normal?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fistofan1, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    In order to keep from wanting to beat your head against a wall.

Which is what I'll want to do if "everything goes back to normal."

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm usually in the optimist camp, but on this I'm afraid that if I answered honestly I'd have to say they will more likely have a squeaky clean wrap-up to this arc. I really don't want that to happen, and I didn't think that was the direction we were headed in last week, but after yesterday's episode I feel like they're more clearly setting up Barriss to take the fall, which will mean defaulting back to the status quo afterwards.

I'm still holding out hope that maybe Anakin kills Ventress and the Jedi Council finds out and reassigns Ahsoka to a different Jedi Master because of that. But something like that no longer feels as likely as it did following the previous week's episode.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    This last episode really killed a lot of the tension this arc had going, imo.

Esg and 07jonesj like this.
  5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I mostly agree. I thought there was a fair amount of tension during the episode itself, but by its end, a decent chunk of the tension the entire arc had going was killed off. Barriss randomly having this information no one else could get seemed inexplicable, but then when the person who knocks out Ventress and steals her mask shows up in Barriss' outfit with Barriss' body to attack Ahsoka, it seems to explain how Barriss had that extra information - and give away much of the plot to boot. At this point I would actually consider it a significant twist if it wasn't Barriss. I think there's still plenty of tension regarding the outcome of all this because I haven't 100% lost trust in Filoni saying over and over again that the ending of this arc will have real consequences going forward, but at minimum they seem to be killing the tension regarding who is behind the scheme itself.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Changed my mind, I want everything to go back to normal. I want Ahsoka to be Anakin's padawan, I want Wolffe to be a competent commander, and I want Barriss to be a Jedi healer who spends a large chunk of time meditating on the nature of the Force.

Just... put it back, Filoni.

7. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I think it's too late to go back now, but then again, this is Star Wars, and Darth Maul is now alive!

8. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: If the events of this arc get Tamzarianed, it will be the most disappointing ending to a Star Wars entity since "Noooooooooooo!"

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, this.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I will be absolutely pissed. That is all.

11. Master_Gallia

Master_Gallia Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    =D=

07jonesj likes this.
  12. Quirkiness101

Quirkiness101 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Too late for that. Most of the tension on who has been killed, but there remains a fair amount of tension on why. Frankly this was the bigger point anyway ever since a jedi was revealed to be behind it, so I can't say that I'm too put out...yet. If they screw up the why though, yeah this'll suck :)

13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I don't like this setup with Barriss at all, but oh well. I'm much more interested in this arc hopefully changing the status quo.

As the pessimists here suggest, if that doesn't happen, I will be horribly disappointed, perhaps even bitter. Moreso with the notion that if we return to the status quo, Disney may not even air season 6, and the show simply ends here with both Maul and Ashoka running amok with no resolution. It'd be worse than Force Unleashed II's ending and existence.

I don't hate Ashoka, I just want her story to have enough closure to mean something for the larger saga. Something major needs to resolve her story before EP III. Her leaving the order at least gives us an opportunity even if the show 'is' canceled.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.