main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if George Lucas dies before he finishes the script?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by sidiousmd, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidiousmd

sidiousmd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2002
    I know, you are going to be really pissed off, but consider George Lucas is 58 (not very young), he is chubby, and he clearly has a sedentary lifestyle. He is in serious risk of having a Heart Attack.

I hope you don´t lock this because it is an important issue, denying the possibility of him dying is just not very wise.

do you think his work should be finished by someone else? (ala Mozart´s Requiem) or should it remain unfinished?

2. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I never tought of George Lucas Dying before he finished writing the script. But if he does[I hope not] it should remain unfinished

3. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    yes, unfinished, and what of it IUS done made into a tribute movie.

4. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    I've never thought of George Lucas dying before either...although it could happen. A guy up the street dyed the other day while sleeping (*cough*...*cough*) with his wife. He was only 46...so our boy George has a higher risk I suppose.

If the script is unfinished I think that the movie should never be made...although if it is finished I say let the movie be made and let someone who kind of knows Lucas do the directing... :)

-Bjork.

5. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    Thx for your interest.

I would vote yes on someone else writing the script, my guess is Lucas has already written a part of it and he has told the story to a few people, and i´m talking of Rick McCallum, John Williams and Ian McDiarmid. They could somehow reconstruct the remaining part and hire a damn good screenwriter, (please give suggestions).

I´d personally like Ridley Scott to direct the last film, it would be a very dark and awesome one for sure.

Who would you sugest as a director in case it was needed?

6. White_Knight_ES1

White_Knight_ES1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2002
    Tim Burton has a charateristically dark nature to his movies, which might work well in the bleak tone of Episode III. Peter Jackson would be a front runner for obvious reasons. But all I have to say that George has a crater of a story to write to wrap up everything conclusively. Not a job I'd want to take.

7. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Please, no more "what if someone dies" threads. [face_plain]

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I say Rick should call Kershner to direct it.

9. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    Theere are lots of people who don´t want to face the posibility of death, but it is very real.

In case you haven´t heard, Richard Harris, the guy who played Albus Dumbledore in the Harry potter movies died last friday at age 72, he was only 14 years older than Lucas and 8 years younger than Christopher Lee.

They will obviously have to hire someone else to play Dumbledore in the next Harry Potter, currently on pre-production.

10. bearded_one75

bearded_one75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2002
    errm...bugger, i guess.

11. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
  12. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Isn´t GL co-writing with Jonathan Hales on EpIII too?

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    though it maybe a possiblity, i don't think it'll happen. i mean, he was given a second chance at life when he was a teenager to do something worth while with his life. he has to complete the story, otherwise we'll all be in limbo about what happens.

14. LittleSithLord

LittleSithLord Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2002
    I'll admit it is possible though I don't think anyone should be worried. It's not like he's just been diagnosed with cancer or anything.

I guess I'd like to see the story finished - I don't think GL would want his story untold.

Perhaps Baz Lurhman could direct - just think - a singing and dancing Obi-Wan. ;) [face_laugh]

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i guess it would answer the question, can hayden christenson sing :D

16. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    I say have Steven Spielburg direct it.

17. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    He won´t die, because he has lots of other films to make after Star Wars.

18. Darth_Hansen

Darth_Hansen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 9, 2001
    Steven Spielberg would be the best choise to direct a star wars movie except George himself, because they know eachother so well.

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    don't forget franic ford coppola, and episode is supposed to be dark after all and he is known to make really, really good dark films.

20. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    "He won´t die, because he has lots of other films to make after Star Wars"

See! this is what i am talking about. It´s not like i can´t die because i have things to do this afternoon. You don´t need to be diagnosed of cancer or some other terminal illness to be at risk

Remember i was talking of Heart Attack Risk due to his complexion and lifestyle.

Back on topic. Francis Ford Coppola would be a good choice, nevertheless i don´t remember him directing any Sci-Fi films.

So far my nominees for director of Episode III would be:

1) Ridley Scott
    2) Francis Ford Coppola
    3) Tim burton
    4) Peter Jackson

comments???

21. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Tim Burton is making a Batman broadway muscial, if he ever has anything to do with a SW film, i'll kill him myself.

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    batman on broadway -- boy, i'd love to see that. i can just imagine batman v. the joker while they're fighting each other, singing and dancing as well. :p

23. LeeKenobi

LeeKenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 13, 2002
    GL and Spielberg are friends.
    I suppose he would take over IF GL should croak.

But the real issue is who would take over if John Williams (well in his 70's) would die before EP III.

Or what about Christopher Lee? Who would be Dooku?

24. Aurra_Glow

Aurra_Glow Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2001
    There are so many people involved with SW that are basically irreplacable. Any of the actors with lead roles could die suddenly in a car accident, fall down the stairs, etc., etc. I don't think that Rick McCallum would let that hinder the further production of Ep. III...unless he dies too.

Anyway, it's better not to think about it.

25. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002
    Hopefully he already has an outline, then that Hales guy can complete the script. And then McCallum and co. can choose a director (hopefully without creating too much drama, but then knowing fans on the internet these days... :p)

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.