main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if George Lucas dies before he finishes the script?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by sidiousmd, Oct 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    sidiousmd: I´m not ignoring the fact that all of us are at great risk, but I won´t let it bug me, alright?

I´m really looking forward to seeing GL´s other film projects! :)

2. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Here's wishing the best in health for George Lucas. :)

3. sidiousmd

sidiousmd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2002
    That´s it?

Doésn´t anybody else have any suggestions?

Come on, denial can be an ugly thing you know?

4. Obi-HAd_a_CORpse

Obi-HAd_a_CORpse Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I would say I would like to see Steven Spielberg direct it if Lucas passed away, followed by Peter Jackson.

I would think that Lucas would want his story told. I mean I don't think would devote 10 years of his life to make another trilogy to just say......."Ya know what, if I die, screw it, let's leave them with a cliffhanger." I think Lucas has probabl already put the "what if I die?" thought in his head and probably worked it all out.

I would think since Steven knows him so well, he has probably told him the whole story of how he would like it all to work out. I would get Speilberg to do it if I was him. I just think that Lucas would want the story to be told no matter what. I think he feels he owes it to the fans to complete it for them.

5. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    Thank you Obi Had a corpse

I agree, although i´d like Ridley Scott to direct, Spielberg coud write the script and produce.

6. JediRuler

JediRuler Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2002
    *gasp* Lucas can actually DIE?!!!! *world collapses around me*

:_|

If........Spielberg

7. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    this needs further discussion

8. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    George Lucas will make it to finish Ep.3

9. Tupolov

Tupolov Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If he does happen to die OutlawYoda and I should finish it.

10. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    any futher comments?

11. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm more worried about the actors than Lucas. Yes, it would horrible if GL dies before E.III is finished, but i'm more worried about the actors, especially Christopher Lee.

12. Jedi_Leia

Jedi_Leia Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    *gasp* Lucas can actually DIE?!!!! *world collapses around me*

[face_laugh]
    LOL!!

I second that!

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Re: Spielburg finishing Star Wars....

One film comes to mind.... A.I

For those who saw AI and who, like myself cried at the ending with the ABYSMAL BUTCHERING (the cgi 'robots' who remade 'mom' for a day......) for what it could have been...

Krubrick's ORIGINAL ending to AI was SUPPOSED to end with David pleading with the Blue Fairy...

sarcasm starts=SS takes over Star Wars...
    Now Anakin has thrown himself into the infamous Lava after throwing first baby Luke then his light saber to Obiwan. He Force revives Padme' who will change her name to Akbar (after all, we can't have the children knowing their mum is alive).

Oh, we'll also find that Obiwan IS actaully Anakin's father (don't ask...) that makes his almost pedifilic interest in Luke less creepy... Really... Truth.../sarcasm

:eek:

14. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yes we are all very paranoid aren`t we???

15. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Peter Jackson would be a terrible choice for director. Just say no to overused slo-mo!

16. TinyObawan

TinyObawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    I think SS should do it. Besides if George dies and the last film doesn't get made, in a way...does it matter? Think of it this way, There are thousands of SW fans all over the world. They love SW so much, and on this site, so many people come up with their own versions of SW. Whether they be fan fics, comody/parody, romance, drama, so many; that even if the last film doesn't come out, there will be so many fans that will fill in the gaps to the saga themselves and create their own movie. Sure we would miss the fact of not having an actual movie, but with the fans we have now, I think SW will be around for a long while. Also I waz reading on the first page, I no huge Harry Potter movie fan, but Richard Harris died?!!!

WE LOVE YOU GEORGE LUCAS!!! [face_laugh]

17. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Yah...hamburgers are pretty cool.

18. ballz-on-chinion

ballz-on-chinion Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2002
    If he did die thousands of Trekkies would cheer and millions of Wars fans would cry. That would be a disaster if he died. The thing I am more worried about is John Williams dying first or The guy's who played the Emperor and Count Dooku.

19. sidiousmd

Mar 27, 2002
    Who do you think would complete the script if GL were to die today?

20. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I think McCallum would draft in GL's heavy-weigh director pals and he, Speilberg and Copolla would finish it off.

But really people, it's not going to happen. Chris Lee is a bigger concern but he is incredibly healty looking for an 80 Year Old especially when you consider he smokes those massive cubans.

Off Topic: Isn't it ashame CL waited until he was 78 to do another huge film after 007? His talent will go largely un-appreciated because of it.

21. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I'm sure that George would want someone to finish his work in the event of his untimely death. I doubt that he would want to leave his saga uncomplete.

22. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    DarthBreezy said, "Krubrick's ORIGINAL ending to AI was SUPPOSED to end with David pleading with the Blue Fairy..."

Err...no it wasn't. The ending that we saw in the film was what Kubrick wanted. Of course, he would have certainly done it differently, but the ending in the film was always Stanley's original intention.

23. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    if GL was to die...

the screenplay should be finished by: T.Zahn, Rick M. and Kevin Smith

directed by Kevin Smith and some help from Ridley

You would have to have people behind the camera who love the story as much as Lucas does and who would stay true and not cahange it to their type of film. I don't want to think about it but you never know.

Spielburg should not touch the film. I know that he and Lucas are like best buds but their take on films are completely different. Spielburg does not have the talent for sci-fi of this calaber.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.