main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Han met Leia while he was involved with Bria? An AU - Love Lost and Found

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DantSolo, Jan 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Butler's Butler

The Butler's Butler Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    600th post! Buahahahahaahhaha

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    :eek: Huh? Wha... :eek: Well, I certainly didn't anticpate *that* kind of reaction! ;) I'm glad everyone enjoyed my little editing to Last Kiss. :)

For anyone wondering, I *do* know what a record is (cute though StonedRose)! I listened to a Simon and Garfunkel one last week as a matter of fact. Scarborough Fair/Canticle from Parsley Sage Rosemary & Thyme. The Beatles records in my house are my favorite though. When I was little, I'd go to visit my dad and sign along to 45"s. At only three I had Manic Monday memorized as well as other songs. And how could forget those great Disney children books that came with 45"s? I think the Fox in the Hound was my favorite.

Ok, now I'm rambling. Sorry about that. What can I say? It's early, I'm trying to stay awake. I'll shut up now and go read the post. :D

~*~Bria

3. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Great post Dant! :)

Han's blood went cold. Damn, this couldn't be the end. This wasn't how it was supposed to be. He wouldn't let them be taken. He wouldn't let them touch Leia. He didn't care what he had to do.

I liked this. Sheer determination. :)

~*~Bria

4. jewlmc

jewlmc Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    That was great! But I'm sad. :(

we are coming near the end.

5. Bria

May 15, 1999
    My sentiments exactly. :_|

How many are we down too? :(

~*~Bria

6. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Another fantastic post Dant! That was heartbreaking :(

7. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    2 more posts, Bria...I know, I'm sad too...mainly cause, as I've said before, I know I can't top this story.

But I can try........ ;)

8. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Do or do not, Dant! ;)

(Well, actually, just DO.) :)

GREAT post! :)

9. Bria

May 15, 1999
    TWO? :(

I'm already going through withdrawal... :_|

~*~Bria

10. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Two More? Oh NO!! I'm leaving Saturday morning at 4:00 a.m. (central)----Be gone a whole week!:( Could you please try to post them before then or send me the last one in a PM? I don't think that I can wait a week! (Yes, I am begging here) :D

11. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Wow, only two.

Dant, you better get crackin' on the next one! :) :)

Great post, BTW. I swear, with this story I'll never look at all those scenes from ESB and ROTJ the same way again. :)

Hey Boushh--I thought of another Dave Matthews Band song. This would've also been eerily perfect for this story quite a few posts ago. Think: when Leia first dumped Han.

Now go listen to "Sleep to Dream Her" off the new album.

*Sooo perfect* I think. Man, Dave should've released his album a couple of weeks earlier so I could have used these quotes! :D

12. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Yanksfan: Hmmm, I see that I am to become a slave to the desires of the masses.... ;) LOL!

::types furiously:: I'm working at it, I'm working at it........

:)

13. Bria

May 15, 1999
    I just heard this on the radio again today, and I think it fits Han and Leia. Enjoy.

It's hard for me to say the things
    I want to say sometimes
    There's no one here but you and me
    And that broken old street light
    Lock the doors
    We'll leave the world outside
    All I've got to give to you
    Are these five words when I

Chorus
    Thank you for loving me
    For being my eyes
    When I couldn't see
    For parting my lips
    When I couldn't breathe
    Thank you for loving me
    Thank you for loving me

I never knew I had a dream
    Until that dream was you
    When I look into your eyes
    The sky's a different blue
    Cross my heart
    I wear no disguise
    If I tried, you'd make believe
    That you believed my lies

Repeat chorus

You pick me up when I fall down
    You ring the bell before they count me out
    If I was drowning you would part the sea
    And risk your own life to rescue me

Solo

Lock the doors
    We'll leave the world outside
    All I've got to give to you
    Are these five words when I

Repeat chorus

When I couldn't fly
    Oh, you gave me wings
    You parted my lips
    When I couldn't breathe
    Thank you for loving me
    Thank you for loving me
    Thank you for loving me,
    For loving me
    ~Bon Jovi, "Thank You For Loving Me"

*sniffle* I really like that song. :)

~*~Bria

14. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Bria: Hey, I had thought of that song for them too!!! :D Great minds........ ;)

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Think alike. Probably helps that we both seem to like Bon Jovi. ;)

I really how it says "Solo" I know it's of course not refering to Han, but to BJ singing alone, but I just find that funny. :p

~*~Bria

16. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Yanksfan: Oh I already thought of that with "Sleep to Dream Her" and I was annoyed that the album came out after that part was posted. :) Great minds. ;)

PS: I already have a DMB song for the end, but I won't say what it is until the last post. :)

17. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Still LOVIN' it, Mush Master! :D

18. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Well, I figured there was no better place to submit my 921 (kudos to those who know what I'm talking about ;)) post then here. And here's a little song for you. While I'd heard *of* it in another fanfic thread, I didn't hear it until a day or two ago, and then again just today. The lead singer really sounds like the lead from Creed (hey! that rhymes!)

desperate for changing
    starving for truth
    closer to where I started
    chasing after you

I'm falling even more in love with you
    letting go of all I've held onto
    I'm standing here until you make me move
    I'm hanging by a moment here with you

forgetting all I'm lacking
    completely incomplete
    I'll take your invitation
    you take all of me now

I'm living for the only thing I know
    I'm running and not quite sure where to go
    and I don't know what I'm diving into
    just hanging by a moment here with you

there's nothing else to lose
    there's nothing else to find
    there's nothing in the world
    that could change my mind

there is nothing else
    there is nothing else
    there is nothing else

desperate for changing
    starving for truth
    I'm closer to where I started
    chasing after you

I'm living for the only thing I know
    I'm running and not quite sure where to go
    and I don't know what I'm diving into
    just hanging by a moment here with you

just hanging by a moment
    hanging by a moment
    hanging by a moment
    hanging by a moment here with you
    ~Lifehouse, "Hanging by a Moment

~*~Bria

19. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Bria: I know. ;) Nice place to post it too. :)

20. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Tomorrow's the last post......Did I say spectacular? ::bites nails:: Well, um, maybe not spectacular.....but good! Definitely good! ::glances around nervously:: Well, till then, there's this:

Han returned to Leia, carrying a tube of bacta gel and some bandages. He also had some painkillers in his pocket, but he knew she was going to refuse them. *Stubborn woman*. He grinned.

There was still tension in the air. Despite the fact that they had accomplished their mission, the Death Star still hung, a massive threat in the sky. The battle seemed to by dying above, but from here it was impossible to see who seemed to be emerging victorious. So, Han concentrated on what he could see.

Thankfully, Leia had at least remained where he had left her, resting against a huge, fallen log. He dropped beside her and began rolling up her sleeve.

"I told you, I'm fine."

"Well, it doesn't hurt to play it safe," Han said distractedly.

She sighed in mock annoyance, and he stopped what he was doing to look up at her. He went completely still, staring deeply into her eyes, uncertain as to what he saw there.

"What?"

"Nothing," he shrugged and returned to his ministrations. He applied the gel, then grabbed a bandage and began to wrap the wound.

A sudden, unexpected explosion shook the sky above them, and Han and Leia turned to see the Death Star burning brightly, an undeniable, unbelievable victory. Cheers went up all around them. Han grinned, delighted, then was hit with a disturbing thought.

He turned back to Leia and found that she was staring up into the sky, a look of wistful concern etched into her features. Han's heart stopped for just a moment, then returned to churning the blood through his body, more loudly than before.

"I'm sure Luke wasn't on that thing when it blew," he assured her.

"He wasn't," she said with an odd certainty. Her gaze drew inward, reaching deep down for something that Han couldn't see. "I can *feel* it," she whispered.

*Oh boy*. This was most certainly it. She was in love with Luke. For whatever reason, she hadn't wanted to tell Han. Perhaps she hadn't wanted to hurt him again. But as he watched that dreamy look on her face, he realized he had to let her go, no matter how much it might hurt. And it would hurt. In a deep, cutting, agonizing way that would probably resemble death.

But if she wanted Luke, he wouldn't make the decision difficult for her; he wouldn't deny her. He wanted to see her happy, above all. If Luke would make her happy, well then, Han would step aside and allow them to be together.

The thought inflamed a dark jealousy within him, but he pushed it aside and looked at her lovely face. "You love him.....?" He asked slowly. She turned to face him now, her brow lowering in confusion. He put on a cheery facade. "Don'tcha?"

She looked at him strangely. "Yes," she shrugged as if it were obvious.

"Alright. I understand. Fine." His tone conveyed casual indifference. "When he comes back.." He paused a moment, unable to maintain the facade. He looked back at her, his resignation and dismayed hurt now apparent. "I won't get in the way."

For a split second she stared at him in utter confusion. Then blessed understanding was in her eyes, and she gave a short, whispery laugh. "Oh...it's not like that at all," she said softly.

Han's mouth rounded slightly in questioning wonder. What did she mean by that?

She leaned closer to him and placed a hand on his shoulder, her eyes and words both gentle. "He's my brother," she whispered.

The words seemed to hang in the air between them, making no sense at all to Han. Brother? She didn't have a brother. What was she---

*Luke*? He turned his face away, willing his mind to comprehend, feeling that the thought was simply too wonderful to be possible.

Her hand was on his face, pulling him back to her, and she drew him close and kissed him on the mouth, lovingly, blissfully. He responded automatically, his mind s

21. Matt Windu

Matt Windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    Woohoo first this time! :D

See Han, you had nothing to worry about with Luke.

Sigh, only a one more post left :( , definitely will be sad when that comes, but as long as the ending is good (which I sure it will be ;) ) I'll be happy.

Great Job DantSolo

22. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
    Only one more post...NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry. Had to vent there for a minute.
    That was a great post, Dant. Maybe Han can finally believe now that Leia loves him and no one else.
    Looking forward to the next post, even if it is the last one. :(

23. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Wonderful!!! See, Han, there was nothing to worry about. ;)

Favorite part:

He grinned, a feeling of pure joy overtaking him, then he kissed her again, hard and quick, sealing their silent vow. They gazed into each others' eyes, sharing a moment of understanding, love and accord. Time stood still as they allowed the gentle tides of their shared emotions to wash through them, mingling in a way that Han would never have believed possible.

:_| :_| One more post! :_| :_|

~*~Bria

24. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Beautiful! :)

25. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Wonderfully Beautiful! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.