main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if it's all real. (an attempt at humor)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by muuurgh8150, Feb 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    If we were on the edge of the unknown regions it would be cool, I would love to be able to travel in hyperspace. However, cos of Einstein's law of relativity we can't travel faster than the speed of light so it's got to be proven wrong first

2. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Technically, hyperspace travel is possible since it is another dimension to realspace. Babylon 5 provides a good example of the hyperspace theory. Except in the GFFA, you can't navigate hyperspace.

If it was real, I would probably lift a ship or sign on as recruit to one of the military forces.

3. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Have you all considered that perhaps you might have too much time on your hands? [face_laugh]

Maybe we are in that galaxy and George Lucas is Anakin Skywalkers distant grandson and the SW saga was a story handed down by his family for ages.

4. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    [image=http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/mimas.jpg]

OMG, it's the Death Star!

No, actually it's Saturn's moon Mimas.

EDIT: Also, read the last page of TimeTales, people!

Also - ever heard of the Astral Plane?

5. muuurgh8150

muuurgh8150 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    I'm only responding to my own post right now to get it back to the front page.

6. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    I think it would be cool [face_cool} , an I have also think about it, what if GL, is actually a NR officer sent to Earth to introduce the Jedi philosophy and culture so we get into the NR.

8-}

7. Master_Beerstalker

Master_Beerstalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2001
    I've always been intrigued by an idea that was once presented to me by a physics teacher. It is quite possible that there is no such thing as imagination. Things that appear in our mind could simply be a telapathic connection with a faraway time or place where the events have actually happened or are happening.

Kind of freaky huh.

8. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    The idea that dreams and imagination are nothing but portals to another dimension is nothing new to science. There might be more truth to that than we know. There is a radio program every night that explores topics like this. It's called Coast To Coast AM with Art Bell. It's usually on at 1 am EST. You could visit his website at www.artbell.com

9. Master-Anakin-Solo

Master-Anakin-Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2002
    That really sound intrigin and interesting, i think I'll have to think about it :)

10. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    Just go to Roswell, NM. They'll tell you that it's true.

11. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    I don't think theres a single star wars fan alive that hasn't had all those thoughts, and when you think about it, it even begins to seem possible.

However, we cannot over-indulge ourselves in the GFFA even if it is real. After all, even if it were, it would not affect us, so we shouldn't let it.

What I'm trying to say is its ok to wonder that, just don't let it interfere with your life here on earth.

12. muuurgh8150

Feb 4, 2002
    hmmm... you've gotta wonder.

13. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Well, I know its been mentioned on many an occasion, but with the re-release coming up:

ET came to earth, and seemed to recognize Yoda, then a bunch of his people showed up in the Senate...

Sounds like a connection to me...

My two cents.

14. Qwert_Squadron

Qwert_Squadron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2002
    this is what happened:

were in the unknown reigons.
    we are the offspring of our ansestors who came here on a colinazation attempt.
    but she ship crashed and through a very big coinsidence all the people on board were knocked-out and got severe amniesa(sp?).
    when we awoke we knew nothing of the ship or technolgy or anything and went about surviving in our own crappy way.

15. HotsForTahiri77

HotsForTahiri77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    If it was real i would get off planet really fast and go join a Chiss Phalanx

16. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    were in the unknown reigons.
    we are the offspring of our ansestors who came here on a colinazation attempt.
    but she ship crashed and through a very big coinsidence all the people on board were knocked-out and got severe amniesa(sp?).
    when we awoke we knew nothing of the ship or technolgy or anything and went about surviving in our own crappy way.

thats exactly what happened in StarCraft...

17. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Not totally what happened in Starcraft, they didn't have amnesia and still had their technology.

And listen to Jag_Fel, I used to be him.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Not totally what happened in Starcraft, they didn't have amnesia and still had their technology.<<

Depends on which colony you're talking about. If I recall correctly, the Tarsonis colony still had a functional computer core and technology, whereas the ones that crashed on other worlds did not and pretty much were on their own (since most of them were prison inmates, not scientists) for several generations until the Tarsonis colony managed to rebuild enough to establish the Confederacy and bring all the other worlds under their umbrella.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.