main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Juggernaughts had been deployed on Jabiim?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DeltaVX, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeltaVX

DeltaVX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Had Juggernaughts (Turbo Tanks) been deployed on Jabiim, could they have turn the tide for the Jedi and the Clone Army? I believe it might have at least made operations more successful because while the walkers had trouble moving through deep, thick mud the Juggernaughts? wheels could?ve transported the vehicle with ease. Granted, from what I saw in RTOS, they may have been a great asset.

2. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Possible.

Unfortunately the clone-wars EU shows few things, that haven't been established in the movies before and if they do it is a one-time-experience.

3. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Although the firepower might have helped they would have been extremely slow on the mud wouldnt they?

4. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I'm not too sure. There had to be a reason why the GAR used walkers primarily, with secondary repulsorlift vehicles in command and support roles.

>>>Unfortunately the clone-wars EU shows few things, that haven't been established in the movies before and if they do it is a one-time-experience.<<<

Very true in some cases. However, Jabiim has a few exceptions: it has the re-appearance of AT-XTs and the pseudo-Chariot command speeder of the TTT comics, and has the first recorded use of AT-ATs.

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I doubt it. Wheeled vehicles are also not the greatest in any type of muddy conditions- I know because I live on a dirt road, and every spring it turns to mud. I think that the Juggernauts would have an even harder time on Jabiim.

6. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    Have you seen the wheels of those things?

The Jedi and clones would have to drown in mudd before the Juggernaughts would have been impeded?

The more logical in-universe-explenation is, that the Juggernaughts hadn't entered service in sufficent numbers at this point of time.

7. DeltaVX

DeltaVX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I did read in the latest Star Wars Insider issue that Juggernaughts were going to be the orginial Imperial ground vehicles for the attack on Echo Base in ESB, but were scraped in place of the AT-ATs. If they could done well on snow, I figured they'd do pretty good on mud.

8. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    The thing is, they didn't do well in snow. They were deployed by landing craft at the Battle of Hoth, but never made it to Echo Base. The craggy glacier landscape probably stopped them.

(The Juggernauts at Hoth were seen in Visionaries.)

9. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Juggernauts are not all-wheel-drive vehicles. Poor off-road handling. The ones at Kashyyyk had amphibious modifications, IIRC, and were only deployed on the open field and not in the forest proper.

10. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Probably just didn't have the chance to deploy them, is my guess.

11. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    The Republic should have deployed the Republic Tanks. The ones from the Clone War game that hover. The Walkers were having trouble in the mud, the Tanks wouldn't have.

The tanks would have probably done more good.

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I've wondered why they didn't deploy the hover tanks at Jabiim. Personally, I like walkers a great deal than the Juggernauts, mainly because they can walk over anything. Juggernauts, the way that they're built, really can't.

13. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    And there's the trouble with explosive mines...

14. EH_Pilot

EH_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Probably gross incompetence on the part of the Republic and Jedi, really...

15. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I thought Juggernaughts were in service beofre the start of the Clone Wars? At least, my Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels stated that they had been in use for several decades before the end of the Republic, and I don't think any of the Clone Wars EU has disproven that.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    They were in service, but that doesn't mean that they weren't in large numbers for deployment.

17. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    But there's no evidence that they weren't used in large numbers. And to expect a massively useful vehicle like the Juggernaught to stay in limited-use prototype stages for several decades, at the time when various crises like the Stark Hyperpsace War were escalating, doesn't make much sense.

18. FTeik

Nov 7, 2000
    The Juggernaughts from the EU are not the same Juggernaughts we see in ROTS and which are described in the ROTS:ICS.

The former is a model A5, while the one from the movie is a much larger A6-version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.