main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What if Leia has turned to the darkside?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by BobaBacca, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    Why does Leia smile during the destruction of Alderaan? Go look at the original footage. Why does she smile?

Why was Leia's resistance to the mind probe so considerable? Why does Vader not sense the force in her much less realize that she is his daughter?

The prophecy was that Anakin would bring balance to the force. Yet his off spring are twins; one is good. What of the other? Where is the balance? Was the prophecy misinterpreted?

Further, why is it that Vader never senses that Leia is his daughter, but could easily sense that Luke was his son?
    Why couldn't the Jedi Counsel members sense the Palpatine was the Sith Lord at the time of his empowerment?
    Why is it so easy for the Sith Lords to go un-sensed by everyone around them?
    Why is it that there have not been any Sith females in the movies up 'til now?

If the force can have a dark and a light side, could it not also have a masculine and feminine aspect as well? Perhaps an aspect that has not been discovered yet.
    IF a female dark lord had an apprentice, would the apprentice still take the title of "Darth" or would it be something different?

George Lucas has stated that the new movies will not follow the expanded Star Wars universe.
    George Lucas states that the original trilogy was about the father and son relationship - the father redeemed through his son.
    What if the next trilogy explored the female aspect of this relationship - the mother and daughter?
    Going back to my first question...why does Leia smile during the destruction of Alderaan? What if this plot twist had been hidden in the pages since 1976? The reason? What would Leia need to hide that her home world might expose about her?

When Leia rebukes Governor Tahk, "the more you tighten your grip Tahk, the more star systems will slip through your fingers". That could be taken as an argument in tactics that goes right over his and the audiences head. So in other words, the way to take power is to fool the people into putting you there... how often has that happened in the real world?

Like Palpatine, Leia was a member of the Imperial Senate and further she was royalty. Unlike Luke, she would be experienced in political maneuvering and political plots.

She supports the rebellion, but what will that look like if the rebellion succeeds? Look at the parallels that are currently taking place around the world. How many rebellions and coups simply replace the old tyrant with a new one? In how many countries do we see religions used to displace a government, only to take position of a theocracy once empowered to do so?

Remember that song by the Who? "...and I pray, we won't be fooled again"... that is exactly what the song was all about. She could be a "cultive personaltiy" if you will, someone who is smart enough to sway the masses to fall in behind her.

I signed up to join this forum solely for the reason to discuss this. I came here to start this thread and it just so happens that BobaBacca beat me to it.

2. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Luke turning evil was misdirection. It's Leia. That's why Luke has gone into self imposed exile.
    "anti-Luke" = Leia
    Leia is the twin sister of Luke Skywalker, the most powerful Jedi ever and mother of Kylo and daughter of Darth Vader.
    She isn't going to be wasted as "general of the resistance"
    C3PO's red arm is the clue for the audience. :)

Onlooker likes this.
  3. Onlooker

Onlooker Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2015
    The Ying to Luke's Yang. I completely agree with the self-imposed exile of Luke. His hiding also helps to justify why she does not expose herself sooner. It's a game of cat and mouse and juxtaposing. She may want to eliminate or neutralize him before she can play her hand fully. None of this will come out in the first one or two movies, but the mystery will build to a fever pitch before the plot twist is fully exposed.

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I would be open to this, but have doubt that Carrie Fisher will get such a big role. I think she could play it. ;)

Onlooker likes this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    She's been killing Imperials for decades, and has grown to like it entirely too much.
    Aging Mon Mothma had tried to broker an Armistice.... everyone thought it was Bounty Hunters that killed her, but Leia knows better....

Onlooker likes this.
  6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    One thing always irritated me a little bit, the line 'Don't get sentimental' sounds like a woman would talk and not like a man. [face_thinking]

7. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Another day, another redundant thread to lock. Please go discuss this in the Carrie Fisher thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.