main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

what if mace and yoda fought dooku on geonosis?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by obi1andreasen79, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    o.k. I'm really not trying to discredit the plot....but consider this
    yoda:{to mace} if dooku escapes rally more systems to his cause he will

o.k. so where did mace go after yoda said that to him? was he needed on the front line? why didn't mace AND yoda go after the jedi traitor immediately? like I said I'm not nitpicking the plot....I just really wonder if theres another answer besides he was needed on the front line.

2. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Yoda sensed where Dooku's presence was. Either that, or he sensed where Kenobi and Anakin were. And Mace Windu wans't availible to go with him at that time and obviously there was no time to wait. Had Yoda gotten there like a minute eariler, the outcome would have been different.

Anyway, when I saw AOTC, I knew Dooku was going to get away because of the fact that he was carrying the Death Star plans. If Yoda had stopped Dooku, he would have found the plans and made a plot hole for the OT. It was important for Dooku and to the story for him to get away and return to Sidious.

3. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    If Mace had been there, Dooku would have been killed, the Death Star plans wouldn't have gotten to Sidious and we wouldn't have had the OT.

4. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    agreed. still don't know why yoda said that to mace...i see "why" he had to escape...but first time I saw aotc i thought mace and yoda were going to go find him together. mace just kinda ducks out of the story at that point..

5. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    no other opinions? bummer.

6. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
  7. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    As u can see from aotc, mace was leading the battle along with the other Jedi. Yoda was OVERSEEING the battle, so he kinda was the only available one

8. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    If both Mace and Yoda had made it to Dooku, he'd be sliced meat.

9. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    more like cuckoo. count cuckoo...nice ring to it.

10. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Dooku would have died that day. No question. I was impressed that he could hang with Yoda. But he wouldn't have been able to handle two Jedi Masters, let alone Yoda and Mace at the same time. That's double trouble.

11. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Three words: Bye, bye Dooku
    Heh, really, you saw what Yoda did there alone, if Mace was there, Dooku would of been killed or apprehended. Sidious's plot would of been ruined, and unless Palpatine came up with another scheme, the OT wouldn't exist.

12. Brobu

Brobu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    Here's another question:

What if Dooku suddenly died of AIDS?

Really, the question is a bit too arbitrary.

13. Yazid_Skywalker

Jul 10, 2002
    thats the reason y jedi arent supposed to love. get it? get it? LOL GYAHAHAHA

14. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    arbitrary?.....gee...thanks. whats my grade for the day teacher? :rolleyes:

and it's not arbitrary because no one said in the movie "aids dooku has...die from it...he will" I'm talking about a very real and relevant scene....
    ....see yoda presented this to mace{if dooku escapes....} and then mace did nothing. why tell mace this....?
    when I saw the movie the first time...back on opening day 2002....That scene gave me the impression that yoda and mace were both heading to stop dooku....then mace just disapears from the story. I hate thread graders..... :p

15. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    what if mace and yoda fought dooku on geonosis?

Dooku would have been killed. Simple as that. :p

16. dri-ma-kadi

dri-ma-kadi Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
  17. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    .then mace just disapears from the story.

I am pretty sure Mace was leading clones into battle against the droid armies on Geonosis, Yoda wasn't really doing any fighting he was strategizing the whole attack, so that made Yoda more availible to go fight Dooku than Mace.

18. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    true...but then why did he mention it{if dooku escapes...} to mace like it was something they should be doing?
    clone trooper:"sir...I have five special command units awaiting your orders" o.k... mace should have been like "mount up...lets go get dooku." just my opinion.

it seemed liked the larger issue was stopping dooku to end the war. not assuring a win on geonosis.....

19. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    well, quite simply, if windu and yoda would've been around dooku would have been [image=http://tn8.deviantart.com/300W/fs5.deviantart.com/i/2004/276/4/4/PWNED_by_Yanks009.jpg]

20. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Actually, Mace was on his way to that secret hangar as well, after he was notified about Yoda journeying there. It brings this thread's question to a real 'What if?'...

21. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    You make a good point, obi1andreasen79. I think that since Yoda is the #1 Jedi and Mace the #2, if you will, that Yoda was in charge of overseeing the entire thing and therefore stayed at the Command Center to strategize. It makes more sense to me to have only one Jedi doing this - the Clone Troopers were designed to obey "any order without question." Having multiple Jedi there trying to tell them all what to do could have confused the clones and their battle plans if there was disagreement between the Jedi - and there isn't really time to discuss things like the Jedi Council does in the middle of a big battle. So #1 Jedi leads the overall assault while #2 Jedi leads the fighters in the field (as he had been doing in the arena). When Yoda sensed trouble in the hangar, he knew there wouldn't be time to go track down Mace and get to Dooku before he killed Obi-Wan and Anakin and/or escaped. I have a feeling that if Mace had been around, he would have come along. And, as seems to be the general conclusion in this thread, Dooku would have been handily defeated. The Death Star plot point would get totally screwed up, and now we're into the realm of out-of-universe answers, like the red energy doors in TPM separating Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon so they could each take on Darth Maul one-on-one. Dooku needed to escape to further the plot, as several other people have already pointed out. So for the (less fun) out-of-universe answer, having only Yoda take on Dooku is a plot device.

EDIT: Tyrantus is right - in the Clone Wars video game, Mace does show up at the hangar, but is delayed by some of Dooku's henchmen. A nice little subplot, but I don't think it really affects the discussion of the events in the movie, since Mace didn't make it in time anyway.

22. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    I'm satisfied with that answer. thanks. lol! I love that pic axle.

23. qui-gon29

qui-gon29 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Dooku would have died more than likley but not without taking someone with him. I think he would have fought both Mace and Yoda and Killed Mace and Yoda would have killed him.

24. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Yoda senses where Anakin and Obi were, and followed later, Mace is already leading things on the front line.

...besides, its clear from the movies that while Mace is a great fighter, hes not nearly as connected to the force as Yoda. He probably didnt sense anything at all.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmmm...I think if Mace showed up along with Yoda, Dooku would've just dropped the beam on Anakin and Obi-Wan without bothering to stay and fight...then escape in the chaos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.