main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What If Mara Jade joined the Rebel Alliance?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SkyJade114, Dec 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyJade114

SkyJade114 Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2016
    In an alternate universe, what would happen if Mara Jade decided to defect to the Rebellion?

What would be her motivations plausible enough for her to leave the Empire behind? What rank would she achieve if she had joined the Rebel Alliance? Would her romantic relationship with Luke Skywalker jumpstart earlier than anticipated?

2. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Well for one I don't think her leaving the Empire before the Emperor died would be plausible at all, given her role. She was an Emperor's Hand, which means she was extremely devoted to her service of the Emperor. Someone doesn't just suddenly get disillusioned with the Empire when they are that high up the totem pole.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

3. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Something extreme would have to occur between her and the Emperor - a huge betrayal of some sort. She'd have to have her eyes forcibly opened to his true nature/motivations/actions, and with the Force connection between them, it'd be doubly hard for her to break away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Impossible before the emperor's death-they had a connection through the force through which Palpatine held her under his sway.

5. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Yeah, Palpatine would just torment and torture her through their Force connection if she left.

6. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    If something happened to their connection, maybe? What if she entered the zone of a ysalamiri? Their connection would be blocked, and would perhaps give Mara a chance to break away.

7. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Wouldn't she be forced to carry around a ysalamiri with her at all times though? That would mean no Force Powers for her, too.

8. Katana_Sundancer

Aug 13, 2009
    I think the point would be breaking her away. After that, his mental tormenting of her and her attempts to block/defeat him could be a large part of the plot - and what drives her to the Alliance, and Luke Skywalker.

Nom von Anor and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  9. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Like others have said Palpatine would just torture her via the Force.

Also I believe her relationship with Luke would never had happened if she joined the Rebels.

10. SkyJade114

SkyJade114 Jedi Knight

Nov 4, 2016
    From what I've read in fanfiction, stories in which Mara became a Rebel had her leaving the Empire behind because:
    a) she was emotionally and spiritually affected by the Destruction of Alderaan
    b) she discovered the existence of other Emperor's Hands and felt personally betrayed
    c) she encounters a Jedi Master who opened her eyes to what kind of man Palpatine really is
    d) all of the above.

11. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Mara's got way too much class then to join the rebel scum hehehehe but then I'm a huge lover of the darkside hehehehe :)

DarthKuriboh likes this.
  12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Why would she? she had a special bond with Palpatine from a young age. She was an amoral assassin that occasionally inched closer to dark side use and if Palpatine was ever desperate might have even taken her on as an apprentice or acolyte.

She had no opinions of her own, she did as Palpatine said.

13. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    I allways felt Mara would of walked off a cliff if old Palps had given the word lol :)

14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    You say that with sarcasm but if Palpatine willed it than she would have.

15. Darth Aphrodite

Jun 17, 2015
    Ha ha ha don't read too much into my post, I just speak my mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.