main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Mara succeeded?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth-Dispicable, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Dispicable

Darth-Dispicable Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 4, 2003
    In Tim Zahn's Thrawn Trilo, Luke had a vision in the Degobah cave about Mara being on Jabba's skiff. The vision told Luke that if Mara was there she would have changed the outcome of that battle. Mara later spoke about the Emporer being upset with Vader due to his defiance, and that Vader was no longer trusted.

This got me to thinking, what could have happened between Vader and the Emporer if Luke had died as planned? Would Vader and the Emporer try to kill each other, or would Vader have remain a puppet to the Emporer, or could something else entirely different happen?

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    The Emperor had his red-headed, green-eyed adopted Sith Lord-in-the-making "daughter," Shira Brie.

And Vader had his apprentice, Flint, whom he began training after ESB when Luke turned him down.

Neither one had all their eggs in that one basket of Luke Skywalker.

3. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    [face_shocked] What kind of name is "Flint" for a Sith?

Personally I think that Sideous would have lost to Vader in a one on one battle, after all he is the most powerful force user of all time.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    On the same token, what kind of name is Ken for the Emperor's son ? That never sat right with me, even to this day.

5. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    On the same token, what kind of name is Ken for the Emperor's son

I saw that thread but never checked it out because I thought it was a joke, so the Emporer really does have a son named Ken Palpatine? That is so lame, he should have a cooler name than that.

6. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The Glove of Darth Vader series is regarded as canon? :eek:

7. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Dudes, of course "Ken" would be a silly name for Palpatine's son. That's because Ken isn't Palpatine's son. He's Palpatine's grandson.

Ken is named after his mother, "Kendalina," a Jedi princess who was captured by the Empire. While in prison, she was forced to work as a nurse on Kessel where she met Ken's father...

...and Palpatine's son. Triclops.

Palpatine's insane, three-eyed freak of an offspring.

But, it could be worse. Far worse.

When it comes to names, we could always talk about Palpatine's remote grandniece...

...Ederlathh Pallopides.

No, I'm not making this ***** up.

And "flint" is aptly named for a Sith lord. After all, it's the material that causes the sparks to fly.

8. Darth-Dispicable

Mar 4, 2003
    I cannot tell if you are kidding or not. :_|

9. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Darth Flint just doesn't strike fear into my heart. Except the prospect of him becoming the California governor.

If we consider that chain of events, we can't forget Leia. Yoda might have been able to hold on a bit longer and train her, and even if she didn't have Luke's abilites, she might have managed to turn her father from the darkside.

10. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    D-D: Read the Glove of Darth Vader series. The whole Trioculous and Ken thing are there.

11. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Read the Glove of Darth Vader series.

Now, now, is that really a suggestion you want to make lightly? :p

12. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    With Luke out of the picture. Leia would be the only Light Side hope for the SWU.

I think what would follow on the Imp side would be a power struggle between Vader and Palpy, each using their Dark Siders and assets to defeat the other. Flint, Brie/Lumiya, Mara, Hethrir, et al. would be sacrificed like pawns in a gigantic chess match.

The winner? Presuming Leia did not get involved, would be Palpy. Solely because even if Vader defeated 'old Palpy' a few years later El Clono would be along.

13. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Whenever I hear the name Trioculous I always picture a dinosaur for some reason.

Thanks for the clearing that up earlier, Genghis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.