main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Maul Had Found Anakin First?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Loso Idanian, Apr 11, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    A Jedi...duh and a good one. One with a special talent. Or a piliot in Rouge Squadren. Proferably Both. That would be awesome.

2. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
  3. Tara Skywalker

Tara Skywalker Jedi Master

Dec 21, 1999
    Well... I guess I'd want to be a Jedi, but knowing my luck I'd not have the midichlorians and would have to rest my fate on some reasonably paid, out of the way job. The equivalent of an accountant or something. I'd be one of those people longing to get in with the rich and powerful lot of the NR. For all we know, SW is real. No scientist (and I wanna be one,) can prove otherwise.
    Oh yeah. I'd be a scientist for NR Research.

4. Darth Treyvah

Darth Treyvah Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2000
    I personally favour the positions of either an Imperial Grand Admiral, Head of Imperial Intelligence (like Armand or Ysanne Isard) or the ultimate title of Dark Lord of the Sith.

Now that I think of it, I would love to be a Sith Lord with abilities in Sith alchemy. Then I would be able to create life itself from the Force!

That would be quite . . . amusing

5. Darth Treyvah

Darth Treyvah Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2000
    Or maybe a Sith archaeologist/lore master.

6. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    I would be an actor in erotic holodramas or be a regular drunk in the mos eisley cantina. Either way i'd be happy!!

7. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    I'd want to be a Rogue, but these dang glasses might prevent it (actually, with bacta I might not need them.)

If I couldn't be a Rogue, I'd try to get into the NRI or the Katarn Commandos.

What is this green icon anyway?

8. Darth solo

Darth solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2000
    What would I be, no contest Dark Lord of the SITH!

9. Codename YODA

Codename YODA Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    I'd be a Dark Lord!!! Sith rule!! OR I'd be a Imperial/Rebel Weapons Desiner!! OR I'd be in Rogue Squad!! OR I'd be Dack !

10. bry

bry Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2000
    I am surprised no said this! I would be Mara's personal aide!!! If that wasn't possible I would be a Grand Admiral (I knwo tehy don't have GA'S) in the new republic being second in command of the entire NR fleet. Commandign a 17km long Mon Clamari Defender class ship exploring teh Yuzzum Vong galaxy after their defeat adn searchign out for new threats! OH yes!

11. RavingSlamdancingTogorian

RavingSlamdancingTogorian Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    A bootie Hunter.

Hunting down Twi'lek Dancers. tongue.gif

12. RavingSlamdancingTogorian

RavingSlamdancingTogorian Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    A bootie Hunter.

Hunting down Twi'lek Dancers. tongue.gif

13. Loso Idanian

Loso Idanian Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2000
    I think the title pretty much sums it up. Maul arrives early on Tatooine and runs into the Skywalker boy.

Chapter One

The Sith apprentice who went by the name Darth Maul had overshot his quarry by several days. According to Maul?s calculations, the Jedi and the Naboo refugees would not arrive for nearly a week.

Leave it to Sidious, Maul thought with disgust, to send me to a desert a week early with nothing but black clothes.

The Dark Lord brooded in his Infiltrator for days. Meditating. Training. Devising new ways to overthrow his Master. Lord Sidious was a full-blown madman, more concerned with amassing political power than destroying the Jedi Order. Throwing in with the sniveling Neimoidians, instead of planning the infiltration of the Council and the Temple. Treaties and politics. It made Maul want to spit.

Many times Maul had planned Sidious? execution. And many times, the right moment had failed to arrive. In fact, Maul had failed to take his opportunity on numeorus occasions. He had to be honest with himself in regard to that, and winced when he thought of his own cowardice.

After three days, Maul had had enough of pacing his Infiltrator. He threw off his cloak to give himself at least some air, and pulled out his electro-binoculars, scanning the barren horizon. Only a handful of settlements on this toilet of a planet. Mos Eisley. Mos Erta.

Mos Espa was closest. Maul reached the small city in just under an hour. There were enough strange cretures in the backwater town that Maul?s horns, fangs and fearsome tattoos did not stand out as much as they would have if he'd been walking around in the open on, say, Coruscant.

First things first. Supplies, and parts for the bloody tin can Sidious dares to call a ship. Maul looked about. Numerous shops, each looking about equal to the other.

The one he chose was owned and operated by a snarling Toydarian. The blue shop-owner hovered on wings so thin that Maul could scarcely believe they supported his bulging gut.

?Ehhhh,? the Toydarian grunted at him. ?Whatta ya want??

Maul sized up the diminutive alien. ?Parts and supplies for an Infiltrator-class starfighter. Now.?

?Ohhh, now, eh??

Maul fixed him with a hard gaze, and took the lightsaber from his belt. ?Yes. Now.?

The Toydarian looked down at the saber. ?How ya plannin? to pay, huh??

?Pay?? Maul shook his head, astounded. He just couldn?t fathom anyone not being scared speechless of him. ?I have a few Republic credits. That will do.?

?Sorry,? the Toydarian turned and flapped away. ?Need something more real.?

Maul?s lip curled involuntarily, and he thumbed on one of the sabers. The Toydarian had only half-turned at the sound before losing his wings to one sweep of the humming red blade. He fell with a hard thud and a shrill scream, and Maul ran him through quickly and unceremoniously, silencing him.

He sighed. Why do certain species have to be so difficult?

The Dark Lord stalked out to the junkyard in search of what he needed. He felt something strange. A ripple in the Force that quickly became a tidal wave. As he scattered junk telekinetically, he heard a whimper from under a pile of parts. Maul moved quickly, knocking aside the parts with his foot.

A boy. A human boy. Nine or so. Blond hair. The disturbance in the Force was coming from him. A vergence. Maul recognized the significance of such power.

Good skies! The Chosen One.

The boy didn?t back away in panic, as Maul expected him to. Nor did he drop dead from fright, as Maul had also half-expected him to. Instead, he simply looked at Maul?s lightsabers and asked a question.

?Are you a Jedi? Have you come to free us??

With that question, the germ of a plan began to formulate in Maul?s mind. The plan. The one which would finally destroy Sidious.

Maul had found the Jedi Chosen One.

The boy repeated his question. ?Are you a Jedi??

Maul looked at the boy, smiled and said, ?Yes.?

The boy grinned widely. ?Wizard!?

Huh? Maul thought. What in the name of Bane does that mean?

?I?m Anakin Skywalker.?

Skywalker? An auspicious name if I?ve ever heard one

14. Darth Enforcer

Darth Enforcer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2000
  15. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    I love your story. Keep up the good work. Want to read more, its an interesting alternate story. cool.gif

16. Loso Idanian

May 5, 2000
    Up!

I plan on posting later tonight, here and in my other thread about the stormtrooper brothers.

17. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I have to say, this looks very good. Looking forward to more.

[This message has been edited by Darth Pipes (edited 05-17-2000).]

18. Jedi Kylenn

Jedi Kylenn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 1999
    This will be fun! Post!!

19. Jade3

Jade3 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 1999
    Can't wait for the continuation!

20. DarthWillow

DarthWillow Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2000
    This story looks wicked =)

21. Loso Idanian

May 5, 2000
    Sorry it's a bit short, but I'm bone-tired.

They walked down the streets of Mos Espa together, hand in hand. A most unlikely pair, drawing looks from various denizens of the desert hamlet. Maul scanned the street even as he focused on the turmoil within his young companion. His Force strength was astounding, but the boy was also full of rage at his situation in life: a slave on a backwater planet, doomed to a mundane life. That rage could be tapped, exploited, manipulated. Used to destroy the Jedi.

But the boy was a bit old to begin training. Maul had begun training under Sidious not long after his birth on Iridonia. Anakin was nine. But Maul was sure he could...

A commotion ahead of him broke into Maul?s thoughts. A teen-aged Rodian was one the ground, Anakin on top of him, hammering away with his little fists and screaming bloody murder.

Maul watched for a moment, then grabbed a shopkeeper by the arm.

?What happened?? he demanded.

The pale, fanged shopkeep shook his arm loose with a hard jolt. Maul let it slide. ?The Rodian called Skywalker a filthy slave and the boy attacked.?

Maul grinned, then turned back to the continuing fight. ?Give him hell, boy!?

Anakin pounded even harder as the Rodian tried in vain to fight him off. Several onlookers made moves as if to stop the fight, but didn?t. Only one, a Dug, moved forward, shoving past a much younger Rodian who was looking on. One of the Dug?s prehensile feet clamped around Anakin?s shoulder and tried to pull him off of the Rodian.

The Dug didn?t get far before he was unceremoniously yanked off Anakin by Maul?s strong hand clamped around the thin neck and tossed him over the crowd. He landed half a block away, with a loud cry as he limped away. Maul wrapped his arm around Anakin?s waist and lifted the boy off the Rodian. As Maul walked away, the Chosen One tucked kicking and screaming under his arm, the younger Rodian approached Anakin?s nemesis.

?Keep this up, Greedo, and you?re gonna come to a bad end.?

Maul looked down at Anakin. ?Is that his name? Greedo??

Anakin went limp in Maul?s arms, stopping his struggle. ?He?s Wald?s big brother. He insulted me. He always does.?

?Then you did right in striking back.? Maul let the boy drop to the sand.

?My mother says I shouldn?t fight.? Anakin said, then pointed toward a set of houses. ?This way, Mr. Maul.?

Mother, eh? That?ll complicate things. Maul followed, slightly dejected.

Enjoy.

22. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    This fic is really getting good!

23. Loso Idanian

May 5, 2000
    UP!

So I can find it later (and so more people can find it.)

24. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  25. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.