main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi really lost his memory on Phindar (a round robin with JA #3 SPOILERS ........(Obi-angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    great post :D :D :D

2. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    I like the "not so I lie" remark

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, here it is, the last post. Hope it's not too bad. Thanks for reading and commenting, everybody!

Obi-Wan rolled over and opened his eyes, smiling to himself as he became fully aware of the Force around him. He hadn?t missed it, not even when he?d managed a few awkward times to feel it flowing through him, and he was chagrined to realise that he had not even been aware that he hadn?t been missing it. But he remembered now, remembered how to access it, how to feel it, and it made him smile. He was glad he remembered that, even if he didn?t remember anything else--but he did. He did remember! It hadn?t been so long ago that Qui-Gon had refused to take him as a Padawan, and had then changed his mind. He remembered the busy day at the spaceport on Bandomeeer, where Qui-Gon had given him the rock for his birthday, and the many battles with assassin droids on Phindar. He also remembered the memory wipe droid now, the white hot pain that had been so similar to what he?d felt last night, but with that pain, his memories had returned, and so he didn?t mind that he?d had to experience it a second time.

Sitting up, he saw that he was in Qui-Gon?s room now and not still in the workshop. It seemed to be morning, and he was hungry, so he got out of bed and opened the door. Immediately, he was greeted by the delicious smell of something cooking, and took the shortest, fastest route into the small kitchen.?I didn?t know you could cook, master.?

Qui-Gon turned around from the stove and regarded him curiously.?Good morning, Obi-Wan. How are you feeling??

"Hungry! What are you making??

"Corellian pancakes.?Qui-Gon poured batter into a pan and swirled it around to cover the bottom in a thin layer, then let it cook while he moved on to the next pan, flipping the pancake over.?You?re not feeling sick at all??

"No, I feel good,?he replied, smiling as he remembered how he?d teased his master the night before. Of course he really had been telling the truth--from a certain point of view. Discovering his memories back again, he really had felt great--for a moment.

"Tired? Healer Xacer said I should let you sleep as long as you wanted.?

"No, master, I?m just hungry.?

"Well, then, by the time you?re dressed, these should be ready--?Qui-Gon took a swipe at Obi-Wan?s fingers, which had strayed too close to the plate where the finished pancakes were stacked.

"Ow!?

"--and we can -both- eat.?

Obi-Wan dressed as quickly as possible and appeared in the kitchen again just as Qui-Gon was adding the last pancake to the stack. He helped to set the table and then slid into his seat, waiting just until Qui-Gon had also sat down before expertly spearing the top pancake with his fork and flipping it onto his plate.

"I?d forgotten about teenage appetites,?Qui-Gon commented with a wry smile, settling for the second pancake.

Obi-Wan had sprinkled his pancake with sugar, rolled it up, and bitten off about a third. Pushing the half-chewed food into his cheeks so that he could speak clearly, he asked,?Master, what happened to Xanatos??

"The Gala security forces arrested him in connection with the murder of one of the candidates for governor,?Qui-Gon said, rolling up his own pancake and cutting off a modest portion with knife and fork.?If he has managed to escape in the meantime, I have not heard.?

"Do you think it?s probable??Obi-Wan chewed quickly, swallowed, and bit off another third.

"Xanatos always made sure he had a back door, even as a boy,?Qui-Gon said, sounding sad.?I have a feeling we will meet again. I hope it is not soon.?

"And what about Paxxi and Guerra and Phindar??Stuffing the last section into his mouth, Obi-Wan reached for another pancake.

"The Derida brothers were well when I left them. The Syndicate on Phindar was broken and they will be having their own elections for governor soon.?

"So everything is all right there??

"Yes, everything is all right there, thanks to my young Padawan who let himself get caught so that his Phindian friend could go free.?Qui

4. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Aww, great ending, Jane! :D

Now I think I should read the book!

5. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Great ending... but now I can't help think how Obi & Qui's closer bonding in this version would have effected the next mission?

Would Obi have still stayed on Melinda/Dann and would Qui have left him there alone?

6. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    All's well that ends well. :) This was such a fun story to read and everyone did such a great job.

7. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    That was a sweet ending Jane! I'm so sad that this story is over, but I'm happy it's finished too. Everyone who wrote did a great job and I hope to see this archieved soon! :D

8. R U Sidious

R U Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 1999
    Great ending!

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Fabulous ending Jane!

I loved how Obi-Wan work up smiling and how his hunger took over.

"I?d forgotten about teenage appetites" there's alot more he'll remember as time goes gone.

Great story everyone! Thanks for sharing it!

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

Wonderful story. I think that events on Melinda/Dann would be very different after this version. In the original, Obi-wan and Qui-gon were doubting each other, Obi-wan unsure his master wanted him as a padawan, Qui-gon certain this padawan would eventually bretray him also. In this one they have formed a much stronger bond, earlier.

I think a sequel would be wonderful though. How about continuing the story to Melinda/Dann -- It would be interesting to see how events would have unfolded with this Obi-wan and Qui-gon.

Pretty please with sugar on top?!?!?!?!?

11. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I second that pretty please, I would love to see our talented authors continue on with the characters from this fabulous little thread!!!!

Bravo and thanks to all the authors that contributed to this story, it was wonderful!!!

:D :D :D :D

12. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Graet ending Jane~~~~!!!!

Sounds like a good idea for a sequel you guys :)

I'm in for it....anyone else?

13. padmemicheline

padmemicheline Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2000
    I'm sorry to see this story end (haven't been here due to school and all). The last posts were great, and all I have left to say is that is was fun while it lasted.

And I'm also in favor for a sequal. I guess you could say this story is too good to let go.

14. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    up!!!!!
    Anyone else for the sequel

15. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    I'd read a sequel.

16. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    O.K. I'm gonna up this one more time just in case someone missed Jane's awesome posts!!
    oh BTW - sequel is coming soon so keep an eye out for it.....if anyone has any ideas PLEASE pm me :)
    -S-WK

17. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    That was great! :) :D

18. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Upping this old story, because someone else has the same idea.

19. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    And this old round robin was SO good!! :D (I read it a while ago) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.