main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi really lost his memory on Phindar (a round robin with JA #3 SPOILERS ........(Obi-angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    I have to go back and re-read the early JAs. I remember all the names, but I'm not placing them right. :)

Good work, guys.

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    HEY!!!!CCCOOOOOOOLLLLLL!
    We got a second page!!!!!
    YIPEEEEEEEEE!

3. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    AHHHH!!!

MORE!!!

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    You know, one of the things that I enjoy most about round robins is seeing what other people write! Come on, join in!

"She recognised me,"Guerra said, looking at his sister Terra. They had prepared her body for cremation after asking Qui-Gon what the Jedi did with their dead. Terra had been "renewed" years ago, and had climbed to a position of importance in the Phindian Syndicat. She had been betrayed and killed by one of her partners in the Syndicat directly before the uprising by the Phindian rebels, which had then overthrown the Syndicat for good. Although she had not remembered her family, they still remembered her, mourning not only the loss of the little girl they had known, but also the loss of her physical self and therefore of all hope of ever getting her back. Now they were determined to give her the most honourable send-off they could think of.

"She recognised you?"Qui-Gon hesitated in the action of igniting the pyre with his light saber.

"Just at the very end. She knew I was her brother,"Guerra replied sadly.

"That is good to know, brother,"said Paxxi, also sounding sad.

"Yes, so it is."

Qui-Gon plunged his light saber deep into the pyre and it caught fire almost immediately. He stepped back away from the flames and the heat, and stood in silence for a moment, but his thoughts were anything but reverent. Terra had recognised Guerra! She'd been hit by a blaster and had died some moments later, but during those few last moments of life, she had recognised the brother that she had not recognised since she'd been eleven. It seemed as though the effects of the memory wipe had been reversed in some way by the blaster shot.

The thought gave him hope. He already knew that his apprentice Obi-Wan had had his memory erased and had been sent off-world. All he had to do was find him, and then come up with a way to reverse the mind-wipe. He knew it could be done, and although he had no intention of shooting Obi-Wan with a blaster to release his memories, another solution would certainly present itself.

Qui-Gon resolved to talk to the Syndicat guards that very evening, as soon as he had spent a fitting amount of time at the pyre. They were currently being held in their own prison while the rebels decided what should be done with them. Most of them, like Terra, had been renewed as well and then recruited to serve the Syndicat. He would find out where Obi-Wan had been sent, then follow the trail. In the meantime, the rebels could work on discovering how to reverse the effects of the mind-wipe, so that he could bring his apprentice back here and have him restored to the cheerful, inquisitive Obi-Wan he'd known before.

Forcing himself to be still and patient, Qui-Gon stared into the flames. He could only imagine what Obi-Wan was going through on Gala, and the visions that flashed through his mind were not pleasant. But of course he would rescue the boy soon.

He had to.

5. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    "Stand back." An old woman brandishing a broom and a beat up pot cover shouted at the crowd. "Or I will smite thee."

The enraged crowd that was beating Obi-Wan looked at the woman and laughed. It was the local Kook, Inria. Rumor had it that a long time ago Inria had recived a knock to the head that made her think she was a jedi. She was really a cook at a small inn neerby.

"Back away." Inria shourted at the crowd, waving her broom stick like a light saber.

They laughed again, but it took their minds off of Obi-Wan.

"Let the old crack pot have him," One said, "He's half dead now anyway."

"No let's finish the job!" Another yelled.

That one ran forward but no one elce followed. He was about to kick the prone jedi when he felt the fury of the crazy old lady. She poked him in the gut with the broom stick and bashed him in the face with her pot cover.

None of the others wanted to ruff up the old lady, she was a tough old broad, and her boss was a big local thug.

"Inria?" It was that thug who called. "What are you doing."

"Vanquishing the sith my lord."

"What are you looking at." Durro, the thug glaired at the crowd. He kept the old nut case because he liked her cooking. He made sure no one messed with Inria. "What have you found today?"

"I think it is a prince my lord."

Durro laughed at least she was entertaing. "Bring him inside maybe he can be usefull."

That meant maybe Obi-Wan could steal for him, at least that was what Durro had in mind. It may not have been the best place for a young jedi to end up, but it was better than bleading to death in the streets. So the old lady and another young thief dragged Obi-Wan to Durro's inn.

6. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey cool posts Jodiwent and Jane Jinn.
    Anyone else wanna add on.

7. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    I will... so dont post anything i am writing it right now.. :)

8. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
    Obi-wan had been unconscious for a while. His eyes fluttered open as what he had of his memories resurfaced.

He had been attacked by an angry mob because he had been holding a sign and he didn't have a clue as to why. Where was he? He knew that he really disliked this new place if it was indeed new and he had not lived here before his mind had been wiped clean. But Obi-wan was sure that he would remember such a horrible place if he had.

He got up and looked around. He had been set on a counter of what looked to be some kind of restaurant or bar. He jumped off the counter and looked around to see if anyone was there. And then suddenly for some reason unknown to Obi-wan he could feel a presence standing right behind him. He spinned around to come face to face with an old lady holding a broom in a defensive stance.

Obi-wan thought she looked really funny like that. He accidentally let out a small laugh out of his lips. This seemed to strongly displease the woman,

"Such disrespect for the Jedi that saved you're life?" she frowned.

Obi-wan looked confused and sat down.

"Jedi?"

That word sounded familiar but he just could not place it.

"Kids! Just don?t pay attention anymore! You don't even know what a Jedi is?!?" She frowned again at him.

Obi-wan became angry and burst out "What? I'm sorry I don't remember anything! And I am sure whatever a Jedi is you aren't one!" Obi-wan burst out.

The woman became angry and thrust the broom out at Obi-wan. Once again, without understanding Obi-wan knew what was coming and dodged the shot at his midsection.

"How'd you do that boy?"

Obi-wan looked confused he didn't know how.

The woman came at him again and blocked the first shot and grabbed the broom on the second and pulled it from her grasp and did a back flip on to a table across the room.

Obi-wan looked astonished at his own action.

The woman began to calm after a few seconds and said softly

"You are strong in the force son I should introduce you to my master"

Obi-wan jumped off the table.

"Where am I? And what's a master? Are you a slave or something?"

9. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    cool post!!!!

10. JediKnightZarc

JediKnightZarc Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2000
    Wow! This is really great! I can't wait to see what happens next =)

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    <- <- <- <-

(rotate those arrows and it means....)
    TO THE TOP!!!

12. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    great posts!!!!!!

13. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Great I love how Obi uses the force without knowing it.

14. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Way cool! Go Obi! And Qui-Gon...get your butt in gear and help Obi!!!

15. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
  16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    "I'm not a slave!"the old woman protested."I'm a Jedi cook. The Force guides me in making the best-tasting meals in the universe!"

He was still standing on the table, watching the old woman, when the door to the inn opened and a middle-aged, disagreeable-looking man came in. The probot floated in behind him as he called out,"Inria! Is that little maggot that you called a prince awake yet?"

"Yes, my lord,"said the old woman, waving in the appropriate direction.

The man scowled."Get off that table! People don't want to eat where your muddy boots have been!"

Slowly, only now feeling his injuries, he got down.

"What is this?"The man indicated the probot behind him.

"I don't know--it's been following me--"

"Not anymore."In one quick and smooth motion, the man had drawn his blaster from the holster at his hip, aimed, and fired. The probot exploded, and they all ducked as the debris went flying.

"So much for that,"said the man, coming back up again."Now then, boy, you got a name?"

"I, uh, I don't know,"he said.

"What do you mean, you don't know? Either you got a name or you don't! Make up your mind!"

"Uh--no."He not only felt stupid, but vulnerable as he admitted it, and glanced around for an escape from this awkward situation, but the man stood between him and the only door that he could see.

"No name. I suppose that means you got no family, either, right? No one to care about you, come looking for you?"

He shrugged, wincing at the pain that shot through his body.

"I don't know,"the disagreeable-looking man sighed,"whether to call you No-Name or Idiot-Boy."

There was a silence and then he said,"Idiot-Boy. It suits you somehow. Anyway, Idiot-Boy, to-day is your lucky day because, as of now, you have both a name and someone to care about you and come looking for you if you get lost. That's me. My name is Durro, but you may call me "my lord" just like Inria here. Say it!"

"M-My lord."

"Good! I'll feed you, clothe you, and give you a place to sleep, and in return, you'll work for me, relieving people of their burdensome extra credits, moving those crates out that are just cluttering up warehouses, and transferring cloud cars to different owners."

Boy (he refused to think of himself as Idiot-Boy) went over this sentence in his mind and realised what the man meant. Before he could stop himself, he burst out,"No! I won't! That's stealing!"

Durro had not resheathed his blaster and now he pointed it directly at Boy's head."What did you say, Idiot-Boy?"

17. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    LOL "idiot-boy" love it.

18. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Is it ok if I post?

19. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Alright I'll give this a try. Thanks for the encouragment Jodiwent!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Obi-Wan glared back at him confidently, even though a blaster was pointed at his head. "I said No!"

"You will listen to me Idiot-Boy!" Durro yelled. "You belong to me now!"

"No!"

Without thinking Obi-Wan reached up and twisted the blaster out of Durro's grip.

"Wha..." Durro gasped.

Obi-Wan was just as surprised. How did he do that?

20. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Neat turns. Good thinking, pointing out that he has to think of himself by some name, and thinking of himself as "Boy" is suitably weird for the situation.

21. Owe-me-one Perogi

Jun 6, 2000
  22. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    This might be iffy but.....
    *//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//*//

"Boy," as he now thought of himself stood his ground, despite the blaster pointing a killing blow at his head. He did not know why but for some reason he felt he had some kind of obligation to not commit the types of thefts Durro was asking-or more like demanding him to. "I said I won't do it!" said Boy in a somewhat louder voice. "Then you will pay," growled Durro angrily. "I saved your life." "No I did!" shouted Inria indignantly. "And you can't hurt him!"
    "You! stay out of this!" Durro shouted once more turning to face the woman. Swiftly he turned on his heel, quickly aimed the blaster at boy and fired. Luckily he had aimed low and the bolt caught him in the chest, a still fatal wound, but not killing...yet. "Let's get out of here, before security comes snooping around." shouted Durro angrily. Inria, frightened, followed timidly with a last glance at the poor child now laying injured on the floor. When the crooks were spotted fleeing from the building security was alerted, but not soon enough to catch the criminals who had already left off planet. When a young female security guard rushed into the building she was shocked to find the boy laying injured on the cement floor. "Quick, get the medics." she shouted loudly. "There's a boy in here, seriously injured!" A group of local medics rushed in and quickly pulled the limp form of the boy up on a stretcher.
    Back at the jedi temple a message was being recieved by the council. "Get Qui-Gon, quickly." Mace Windu, senior member of the council alerted an aid nearby. "We have urgent news regarding his padawan for him."
    "Yes sir," the young aid replied hurrying off quickly. Moments later Qui-Gon arrived a full run. Stopping in the middle of the council chamber, out of breath, he gasped "Where's Obi-Wan?"
    "We have just recieved a message from a medic on Gala. They say they have just recieved a boy in critical condition. They can sense a strong prescense in the Force with him. They contacted us because they thought he might be one of ours. He is still unconcious and they haven't spoken with him, but you might want to travel to Gala immediatly. We think it might be Obi-Wan."

23. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
  24. Jedi_KnightMariah

Jedi_KnightMariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2000
  25. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    HURRY QUI!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.