main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi really lost his memory on Phindar (a round robin with JA #3 SPOILERS ........(Obi-angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Just caught up! This is great idea! Excellent posts!

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    GREAT POST JANE JINN!!

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Excellent Jane & everybody.

4. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Thanks for the praise, everybody, especially JediGaladriel. I really can't believe you nominated this story for Best JA--I'm absolutely floored!

5. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    To all the authors: Good going! I love what ifs and I always wondered what would have happened if Obi had lost his memories. Amnesia is one of my favorite cliches and I never tire of reading them. ;-) Looking forward to the next post.

6. Rosemary

Rosemary Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2000
    Another good post =)

7. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    An air car came to a stop slightly in front of them as they walked, and the driver motioned to Qui-Gon. He took a step closer to the vehicle, but his Force sense was warning him to be alert.

"Need a lift?"the driver asked.

"No, thank you,"Qui-Gon replied.

"Where are you going? Come on, I'll take you there."

"I prefer to walk,"Qui-Gon said, taking a better look at the man. He was well-dressed and slickly handsome, but there was something about him that Qui-Gon did not trust.

"Let him take us,"said Obi-Wan in his ear.

"No,"Qui-Gon said again, even though he knew that every step was jarring Obi-Wan's broken bones. Certainly, it would be more pleasant to ride, but there was something wrong there. Calling on the Force for emphasis, he moved his fingers in the man's direction and said,"We're almost there anyway."

"Yeah, we're almost there anyway,"Obi-Wan repeated.

The driver, however, did not look convinced."He looks heavy. Come on, where are you going? I'll take you there."

"He's not as heavy as you think,"Qui-Gon said, moving his fingers again."You must be needed elsewhere."

"I'm not as heavy as you think,"Obi-Wan repeated, and Qui-Gon sighed inwardly. The man's mind was too strong, too determined for him to influence, and it made him wonder what that man wanted, why he was offering to give them a lift, why the Force was warning him so urgently against it. Even before the man's hand shifted ever so slightly, Qui-Gon had let go of Obi-Wan's legs and reached for his light saber, and the green blade deflected the blaster shot almost before it had come completely through the open window of the air car.

"Hang on, Obi-Wan, don't let go of me!"he shouted, moving to intercept the next blaster beam. With his apprentice dangling from his neck, he felt slow and clumsy, and needed to use the Force to correct his movements so that he was no longer off-balance. He angled his light saber so that the beam richoceted off in the direction of the engine, and all the circuits shorted out instantly. The air car settled to the ground with a thump, and the next blaster shot went wild. Keeping his light saber ready, Qui-Gon took advantage of the distraction and turned and ran. No blaster fire followed them, and he turned the corner in safety.

"I'm slipping,"Obi-Wan cried, then coughed. Backing towards the nearest building, Qui-Gon helped shift him up again, then began walking as fast as he could.

"Who was that?"Obi-Wan asked."Why didn't you let him drive us there, and why did he start shooting at us?"

"I don't know who he was,"Qui-Gon replied."The Force was telling me not to trust him, so I did not. As for him shooting at us, I can only surmise that there's someone on this planet who does not want the Jedi here as well."

"The Force was telling you not to trust him?"Obi-Wan asked."How? Did it speak to you?"

"It does not speak in words, but whispers feelings to us,"Qui-Gon replied."If we allow the Force to flow through us, if we are open to its suggestions, we can hear what it has to say. We can know if something is about to happen."

"Did you know he was going to shoot at us?"

"I was expecting some kind of attack, yes."

"You said that I was a Jedi, too, but I didn't feel anything like that. I wanted to go with him."

"You have the ability to feel the Force as well, Obi-Wan, but you've forgotten how. Later, I will help you remember."Qui-Gon was silent for a moment, then said,"You should not be afraid. I will always protect you."

"I thought he was going to shoot me! Like that other time,"Obi-Wan admitted.

"Was that the man who shot you before?"Qui-Gon asked.

"No. I just meant I was afraid of being shot again. It's scary and--it hurts."

"Let go of your fear. You're safe with me now."

"You're the first person I've met who didn't want to hurt me,"Obi-Wan said."Not yet, anyway."

"I will never hurt you, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan found that he believed the older man now, after having seen how Qui-Gon had come looking for him that morning, and had protected him fr

8. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Cool post!

9. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    What a creepy guy! And Obi-wan seemed rather affected by Qui-gon's attempts to mind-trick that guy. ;)
    I hope he can get him back home soon (though I expect the bad guys to really give them trouble. *eg*) Its great Jane! Where are the others who are supposed to be adding to this rr?

10. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    That was great Jane! The man in the car was an excellent addition. I also found it interesting how the mind tricks Qui-Gon was trying to use only worked on Obi-Wan, it reinforced just how vulnerable he is right now. So, is this man going to continue to look for them I wonder. And just who is he?

11. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    WOW!!!! This DID get nominated for best JA. COOL!!!!!
    Once again great post Jane Jinn.
    I want to add on but I can't think of anything at the moment. :-(

12. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Really good plot addition. I definitely want to know who the guy in the car is working for.

13. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    Ok I'll post, but don't expect anything amazing, plot thickening or long. Sorry. :(
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Obi-Wan sighed. He was so confused and annoyed with himself for not being able to remember anything.

He was also stressed out from his earlier account with the driver.

What did he want with him?

Oh, he was so confused!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it was so short. I'm really trying to think of something better!

14. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    I have an idea if no one else has, but I haven't posted here before. I don't want to mess up anyone's plans so let me know :)

15. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    I haven't made a firm decision yet as to who the man in the car was working for, but I did have two strong possibilities in mind: Lonnag Giba, the Head of the Council of Ministers, or Xanatos, the head of Offworld, who is supporting Deca Brun's election campaign here on Gala.

But Imzadi, if you have an idea, please join in! I was starting to worry that I'd have to write this thing all by myself from now on, and that was a bit daunting. :)

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh Jane, I was laughing so hard when Obi-Wan was repeating Qui-Gon's mind tricks!

17. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Wow, great posts!! Yeah, Jane...you're getting good at these "Obi loses his memory' type of stories ;)

As for joining in, I think I'll just be a reader for now. I'm having a hard enough time updating me own threads ;)

aa :D

18. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    After waking briefly, Obi-Wan returned to his drug induced slumber. The events of the past few days had left his body aching and weak, his mind confused, and his energy drained. Even his dreams reflected his vulnerable state.

In his dream he was alone, wandering the streets of Gala. Danger lurked around every corner. Strangers stared at him with menacing eyes. There was no where to go, no one to turn to, no one to trust.

"Let go of your fear. You're safe with me now," a voice far in the distance assured him. Searching for the source of the voice, Obi-Wan found nothing. He was once again lost in a sea of strangers, being shoved and pushed. Despite the reassuring words, fear welled up inside him.

"He's got boots, I want them," a second gravely voice said. "Let's finish the job!" Another vaguely familiar voice yelled. Now all he felt was pain. Burning fire in his chest, his limbs ached, and his head was pounding.

"I will never hurt you, Obi-Wan," the first soothing voice reassured him. "You should not be afraid. I will always protect you." Gradually the crowds around him began to thin. He walked as fast as he could to the sound of the voice, away from the bustling streets. As he approached he saw the tall figure of the man he now recognised.

"Do you remember me?" he said in a soft tone. Confused, Obi-Wan shook his head. It was all so confusing!

?I will help you remember," the visage of Qui-Gon assured him with a smile. The elder man extended his hand, clasped firmly in his hand was a rock, a rock that was vaguely familiar. Obi-Wan remember when it had fallen from his tunic.

"It's a stone I found in the River of Light on my home planet. I gave it as a gift to a very good friend of mine," Qui-Gon said, handing Obi-Wan the rock. The young boy gently ran his hands over the object. It was warm and seemed to radiate reassurance.

"Trust your instincts, Obi-Wan. Let the Force whisper to you and confirm the truth to you." Qui-Gon said before disappearing, leaving Obi-Wan alone, still mesmerised by the rock. It was important, he could tell. But how could that be? It was a rock. A rock!

Slowly regaining consciousness, Obi-Wan glanced around the room as much as his aching head would allow. The chair beside him was empty. Qui-Gon was not there. For that, Obi-Wan was somewhat grateful. Although he now felt safer in the man?s company, he needed time to think.

How's that? I haven't read the books, but I've read that the rock was important for his memory so I was trying to stress that. Sorry if this isn't up to the standard of the story! Oh, and alot of the dialogue from the dream is actually quotes from throughout the story, but there was too many to name everyone!

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Good one, Imzadi!

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    That was a good post.

21. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Okay.....I;m going to try a post......

Just as Obi-Wan had thought he would have some time to himself, a nurse walked in.
    Obi-Wan hadn't seen this one before but at the moment wouldn't allow that to bother him on top of everything else.

She approached him very slowly with what looked like a sly grin on her face. She didn't have any cheerful words as the others did.

"You'll be coming with me boy," she sad in a sharp voice. "But...But....where am I going? Does Qui-Gon know about this?" Obi-Wab tried to protest as he felt a strange sensation running through him, as if it were warning him about the so-called nurse.

"Oh, he'll know soon enough boy." Was the woman's only reply as Obi-Wan fell into a deep sleep.
    yikes this looks iffy to me! :(
    Oh well....

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    "The memory wipe droid has been destroyed,"Mace Windu told Qui-Gon."But all the Phindarians to whom we spoke, including the ex-Syndicate guards, agree that there was no way to reverse the wipe."

"There must be a way!"Qui-Gon said."Guerra Derida told me that his sister recognised him shortly before she died. She had been mind-wiped many years before, and yet after she was hit by a blaster, she knew that he was her brother. Perhaps it has something to do with the energy of the bolt, though it doesn't explain--"

"Does not explain what?"Yoda asked, coming into the picture and nudging Master Windu slightly for him to move over.

"Obi-Wan was hit by a blaster three days ago here on Gala. They expected him to die, but he hung on until they could get him into a bacta tank. When he woke up, however, he still did not recognise me. It was foolish of me to hope,"Qui-Gon said.

"As soon as he is able, bring him here you must,"Yoda said, looking grave."Meditate on this, we shall. Lose a promising Padawan, we would not."

"It might be a while,"Qui-Gon said."The bacta that I brought is only a fraction of what is needed here. Bone-knitters and other medical equipment are in short supply. While I am waiting for him to heal, I shall present myself to the Queen and fulfil her request to oversee the elections."

"We have received a communication from the Council of Ministers on Gala,"Master Windu said."They claim that you have been making trouble on Phindar, meddling in matters that were not your concern, and ultimately causing a great battle in which many lives were lost. Fearing that something similar could happen on Gala, they have asked us to recall you immediately. Your presence on their world is no longer desired."

Qui-Gon hesitated, then said,"But if I remember correctly, it was the Queen who asked the Jedi to come, not the Council of Ministers. Unless they have deposed the Queen in the meantime, which they have not, she is still in power, and she has not asked me to leave. I shall ask her personally if this is her own wish."

"Careful, you should be,"Yoda intoned."Danger I sense ahead."

Master Windu nodded."I also wonder what the Queen wishes. May the Force be with you."

Qui-Gon terminated the holo connection, then set off for the Palace.

Blinking groggily a few times, Obi-Wan finally managed to get his eyes to stay open. He was reclining in a big soft chair, and appeared to be in some kind of office. Two or three people were standing around, and when they noticed that he was awake, the woman he'd seen before, the one who had pretended to be a nurse, nudged the man who was standing next to her, but looking in the opposite direction.

The man turned around and took a few steps in Obi-Wan's direction."Are you awake?"

"Who are you? Where is this?"Obi-Wan asked, trying to sit up. The movement was arrested by a burst of pain from his injured ribs, however, and he sank back, forcing himself not to cough. Eventually, he had to, however, and the pain drove tears to his eyes.

"It makes no difference to you,"the man said."Read this out loud, please."

He held out a data pad, and Obi-Wan took it wonderingly with his good hand. His chair was rolled forward slightly, and looking over the side, he realised that he was in a holo transmitting ring. The power went on, and the man motioned for him to begin reading.

"I am safe and sound. They have not hurt me yet,"he began."But if you have not surrended yourself to them within thirty minutes of receiving this message, they will poison me and leave me to die on the street. What? Why are you threatening me? Who's this message for?"

"Don't ask stupid questions, just read it,"the man snapped, pulling a blaster from the back of his belt and pointing it in Obi-Wan's direction. He stared at it incredulously for a moment, then slowly lowered his eyes back to the data pad.

"Um--go to the north side of the Plaza of the Tallah Dynasty Arch and drop all your weapons into the fountain you will see there. They will be watching for you.

23. Rosemary

Rosemary Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2000
    And the plot thickens! Wow great posts everyone =)

24. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Excellent! I can't wait to see what happens! This is a cool story, everyone! :)

25. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What a good idea for a story line and everyone is doing such an excellent job, you all amaze me with your talent!!!!!!

I look forward to more!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.