main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi really lost his memory on Phindar (a round robin with JA #3 SPOILERS ........(Obi-angst)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by snowbee-wan kenobi, Dec 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Great development Snowbee-Wan and Jane! It was funny how Yoda nudged Mace Windu out of the way, *g*. And the political situation is intriguing.

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    ooohhhh.....
    good post once more Jane!
    Anyone else gonna join in?

3. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
  4. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    I just caught up with this fic. It's great! Keep up the fine work with it.

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    *sigh* I'm no good at political intrigue, so this might seem a bit weak.

Qui-Gon had taken an air taxi to the Palace. The servants had seemed oddly disinclined to let him speak to the Queen, but, following the promptings of the Force, he'd used a little gentle persuasion on them, and before long, he'd been received by Queen Veda herself. She'd been relieved that he had come, and had spoken to him quickly and urgently about the true heir to the throne, the daughter of her husband from his first marriage. It had been obvious that she'd wanted Qui-Gon to get in touch with Elan, as the daughter was named, but before she had been able to do more than indicate that Elan was one of the hill people, the door to the receiving room had burst open to admit Prince Beju and the Head of the Council of Ministers, Lonnag Giba.

They had not been pleased to see a Jedi there, and Giba had repeated the Council's request that Qui-Gon leave the planet immediately. Without saying exactly when he planned to leave, Qui-Gon had acquiesced, and had left the Palace on foot, his mind swirling with impressions. Although he was only sixteen, Prince Beju had been involved with the Syndicat on Phindar. Qui-Gon suspected that he had caused the bacta shortage on Gala for the express purpose of bringing bacta from Phindar, and thus appearing as a hero to the Galacians, and ensuring that he would win the upcoming elections. But Qui-Gon had helped the rebel Phindians overthrow the Syndicat, and Beju had returned to Gala empty-handed. He had probably made arrangements with Giba for the Minister's support in return for favours--plans that might be discovered and thwarted by the Jedi overseeing the elections. Qui-Gon had met men like Giba before and knew that many of them were capable of doing anything that ensured their continuing power in the government. No, neither of them would want him here--but were they the ones behind the attack that morning? Qui-Gon would need more time to find out.

He approached the hospital while thinking about the Queen and Elan. The Queen had not said a word to either her own son, or the Minister, about her husband's child. Yet she had introduced Giba as the longest serving minister on the Council and had spoken of how well he'd served her husband for many years. It was very likely that Giba already knew of the first marriage and the child who was the true heir. Yet the Queen had not reminded him, had said nothing in his presence about Elan. Qui-Gon was sure that she had done so purposely, and resolved to match her secrecy with his own. But it was also clear that the Queen had wanted him to find Elan and bring her back to the city of Galu. He would do it, letting the Ministers think he had left Gala altogether. But first, he had to visit Obi-Wan.

It was lunchtime when he approached the boy's room, and Qui-Gon wondered briefly if his apprentice would be awake enough to eat. But when he opened the door, all thoughts of food went out of his head.

The room was empty, completely empty. No Obi-Wan, no bed, nothing. Stunned, Qui-Gon stood there for a moment, then turned and marched to the nurses' station.

"Where is he?"

They were as surprised as he was that Obi-Wan had disappeared. After much asking around, he discovered that the last nurse to see his apprentice had checked in about half an hour before. Obi-Wan had been asleep, she reported. Yes, she'd been sure he'd been in the bed--she'd checked the IV and had taken his pulse while she'd been there. While she was talking, one of the other nurses came back into the room and said,"I found his bed. It's out in the stairwell that leads to the emergency exit."

Racing down the stairs, Qui-Gon found that his thoughts were racing, too. Could Giba have done this? How would he know about Obi-Wan in the first place, unless he'd been tracking Qui-Gon's movements since he'd arrived on Gala three days before? And if he'd waited until Qui-Gon had contacted the Queen before taking steps, that left the blaster incident that morning without

6. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Intriguing Jane! I'll try to think of something.

7. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    oooooh!!!!!
    Good post once again!
    (Gosh you're good at this)
    Very suspenseful too, and I like the little bribe for posts at the end.....
    Anyone wanna post Obi's fate is in your hands
    (just pleaes dont let them poison him)

8. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Nice post, JJ.

9. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
  10. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm sorry, I can't think of anything at the moment. I haven't read the book so I don't know about this "Plaza of the Tallah Dynasty Arch" *sigh*

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Don't worry, Imzadi, that's not mentioned in the book at all, it's something I made up. Think of the Arc de Triomphe, or something like that. Or just some big park in your own home city that has a small fountain on at least one side.

12. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Uppers for this one...!

Graet intrigue! Obi-Wan's attitude is great, he's still strong after all this! Please, whomever posts, don't let them poison him!!

aa :D

13. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Hmm, I have an idea. *evil grin*

14. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    DONT DO IT IMZADI

but...on the other hand if it would get a post.....as long as he survives it

15. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    This is a bit iffy.

Walking slowly, but with purposeful strides, Qui-Gon neared the fountain that Obi-Wan?s captures had specified. Reaching out with his senses he took note of his surroundings. If the situation were different, Qui-Gon would have revelled in the sheer beauty of the park. Not only was it filled with various sculptures, fountains, and memorials, it exuded the Living Force. Animals of all descriptions surrounded him. Large trees with purple blossoms lined the pathways. Refocussing his mind, Qui-Gon reminded himself to keep his concentration where it should be. He needed a plan.

As he approached the fountain his steps slowed. Stopping by the rim, he took off his robe and laid it down. Reluctantly he unclipped his lightsaber and placed it gently in the water, watching it sink to the bottom. It was far from disabled and useless. He could call it any time he chose. Not that he would need it. The people behind this had obviously underestimated the Jedi.

Moving away from the fountain, Qui-Gon sat on a nearby bench, attempting to look disheartened. After a few long minutes, a man emerged from the shrubbery behind the fountain, a blaster held firmly in his hand. A pair of burly men followed him, Obi-Wan held between them. They reminded Qui-Gon of several Syndicat members he had encountered. But then again, hired goons tended to look much alike. Qui-Gon felt a lump rise in his throat when Obi-Wan was fully in view. A syringe was already inserted into his Padawan?s neck. It appeared he had in fact underestimated them.

Every step caused Obi-Wan to wince. Not only had his injuries from his earlier ?escape? not yet healed, he also seemed to be fighting to remain conscious. A battle he was losing. No doubt they had to drug him to get him out of the hospital. The young boy craned his neck to one side, in a futile attempt trying to escape the needle. The guards continued to hold him firmly in place. One with his hand ready to deliver the poison at any moment. The sight made Qui-Gon sick to his stomach as he felt the familiar twinge of guilt. Pushing the thought away, Qui-Gon focused his attention of the leader.

After examining the fountain, to verify that Qui-Gon was indeed disarmed, the leader approached him, an arrogant sneer colouring his features.
    ?My, my, Master Jedi. How the mighty have fallen,? he taunted. ?Get up,? he ordered, gesturing with the blaster. Qui-Gon searched his mind and the Force for a plan. But he came to the inevitable conclusion. He had to wait, bide his time until an opportunity presented itself. The leader was an arrogant man, he would eventually make a costly mistake. Qui-Gon knew it was only a matter of time.

With his hands clearly in view Jinn rose from the bench, throwing Obi-Wan a sorrowful look. He needed them to believe he had given up. He only hoped Obi-Wan would not do something foolish. True, he was not the same Obi-Wan, but he still had the same heart.

?Not so tough now are you Jedi?? the leader mocked, referring to them both. ?Lead the way, illustrious Master. My boss wishes to speak with you,? he continued.

Winding their way through the back streets of Galu, they reached an abandoned warehouse. Obviously the person behind this did not want to draw attention to themselves or the Jedi. It also meant Qui-Gon was at a disadvantage. Had it been anywhere else, he would have known instantly who was behind this.
    ?After you,? the leader said as the heavy door opened.

As you may be able to tell, I have no idea who to make the baddy. But I have plans for Obi's memory! *evil grin*

16. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Oh goody goody imzadi has plans, evil one at that!!!!!!

Can't wait to see how Qui will get out of this fine mess!

17. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Arrrgh! You left it there?! Okay, someone make up a baddy and continue!!

er...I didn't mean to sound so..demanding ;) And, uh, that was a great post, imzadi !!

aa :D

18. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Oooooo!!!! I have no idea what will happen next! I'm enjoying this so much, everyone!

19. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Curious to see how they get out of this one. Good job!

20. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    "But then again, hired goons tended to look much alike."

HEHE That part was great...
    but i'm kinda scared about your plans for Obi's memory
    hehe jk GREAT POST not iffy at all

21. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Sorry, people, I've been interrupted so many times this evening that I can't get anything written. Please feel free to continue on while I go to bed.

22. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    "You always were a softy when it came to padawans." The man Qui-Gon had been braught to see sneered. "Isn't that right Master?"

"I should have learned better with you, Xanatos." Qui-Gon said with a stone face. "The boy has nothing to do with our feud."

"Well I suppose I should thank him for being the instrument of your demise Qui-Gon." With a flick of his hand to his goons, Xanatos gave the order for the poison to be injected into Obi-Wan. "Thank you little padawan, peace will be your reward. Your master will be joining you soon."

Obi-Wan slumped to the floor, Qui-Gon rushed to him. The boy was week but still alive. Qui-Gon wispered to his apprentice. "Hold on Obi-Wan, there is still a chance." Xanatos could not hear what the jedi master was saying as he held up the boy's head. "Remember where there is life there is hope. hang on."

"What a sweet picture you two cut." Xanatos said and Qui-Gon could here a saber activate behind him.

Qui-Gon charged strait at Xanatos... He no longer had anything left to loose. He had to take the chance to save Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan hung in the balance, somewhere between life and death. He took to heart Qui-Gon's words. 'Where there is life there is hope.'

23. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    ah cliff hanger more post please

24. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    AHHH!!!! YOU STOPPED THERE!!!

Its delightful to see that you are joining in on the fun, jodiwent! Thank you for posting! :)

25. snowbee-wan kenobi

Jan 28, 2000
    Hey thanks for posting Jodiwent!
    I agree it was a great post and a major cliffhanger all wrapped up in one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.