main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi-Wan and Boba had met in Mos Eisley?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lars_Muul, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    They were both there at the same time, but they just missed eachother. What do you think would´ve happened if they had met in the doorway to docking bay 94? Boba might have recognized Obi-Wan from when they met in AOTC and the Mandalorian armor would surely attract Obi-Wan´s attention.
    Would there just be a tense moment where they both chose to ignore the other, or would Boba perhaps try to capture Obi-Wan and take him to Vader?

Share your thoughts!

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    Obi-Wan was pretty hooded all the time in his big cloak, so it's hard to see his face most of the time. And, if Boba and Ben didn't see each other since Kamino (they didn't really see each other on Geonosis, did they?) Obi-Wan had aged a lot

but IF they had seen and recognized each other, it would make a very interesting conversation. At least ;)

3. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    It would be a deleted scene!

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Chances are fairly good tha Boba wouldn't recognize Obi.

5. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Obi-Wan would have of course recognised this Jango Fett look-alike and put two and two together. I'm sure he'd give him a look but nothing more.

6. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    they wouldnt recognize eachother. they've never seen eachother. why??? haha, because aotc is new and anh is old.

7. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I imagine it would have probably been a lot like the A-Team intro where Dirk Benedict sees the cylon walk by and he sort of gestures towards him with the, "Where do I know you from?" look. :p

8. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I think it's possible, however unlikely that Boba Fett would recognize Obi-Wan from Kamino or Geonosis. However, Boba would suspect Obi-Wan of being a Jedi, unless the Jedi style robes continued to be worn throughout the galaxy by commoners, and Obi-Wan had his lightsaber concealed somehow.

9. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The Jedi wore robes such as the ones we have seen in the films so that not only blend in a crowd, but it gives people the feeling that the Jedi see them as equals and not lesser beings by dressing fancy.

Anyway, I really doubt that Boba would even take a second glance at Obi-Wan... because he wouldn't recognize him. For one thing, I doubt if Boba was studying too hard what Obi-Wan looked like during the Kamino battle, and I also doubt that Obi-Wan would be recognizable after that amount of time, considering how much he aged.

10. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Go A-Team fan's

11. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i pity the fool who don't like the A-Team

12. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    And that has what to do with this topic?

13. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Hey! Obi-Wan2001 started it

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Stay on target...

15. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    Lost Tiree, lost Dutch.

16. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    [face_laugh] Hey now. I stayed right on that target. Anyone familiar with the A-Team knows about the sight gag with the cylon walking by Face (Dirk Benedict) at Universal Studios, and Face's subsequent look of recognition. Now, replace Face with Obi-Wan and the cylon with Boba. That's the way this hypothetical scenario may have played out. :p

17. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I always figured they'd both explode, wouldn't that be a great alternate ending

18. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    It would have been a great battle to see if you ask me.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I don't think Obi-Wan was in any shape to do what he did to Jango on Kamino. Fett, on the other hand, was at the peak of his power. I don't think the battle would have been spectacular - just short. :p

20. gold-finger

gold-finger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2003
    i think boba would destroy obi if they met.

21. Padawan-Bug

Padawan-Bug Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2003
    I agree. I doubt Boba would recognize Obi-Wan and if Obi-Wan recognized the outfit why would he go after him? So far their is no grudge with a 10 year old Boba. And Obi Wan had more important things going on at that time than one bounty hunter.

22. EternalRogue

EternalRogue Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    Interesting yes if they did meet. But Dark Lady Mara you mentioned that Obi was too old to pull off his old tricks, doesn't anyone think that Ben would be a lot stronger in the force now and would not need his youth to kick Boba's butt.

23. Naboo1

Naboo1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    I wonder what would happen if Obi-Wan had survived to be in ESB, and he was on the Falcon with Han and the others being pursued by Fett.

Obi-Wan could give Han some pointers.

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Like: "Bespin. The entire planet is one big gas ball! Except Cloud City, of course..."

25. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Ben would be a lot stronger in the force now and would not need his youth to kick Boba's butt.

Agreed. Is there such a thing as a 'force-butt-kick' like a 'force-push'?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.