What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was in Mace's place?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by wassssup, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wassssup Jedi Youngling

star 1
    What if Obi-wan was in Mace's place, and Mace was off world like most of the Jedi masters.And Obi-wan took the 3 jedi masters with him, too confront palpatine.Then when Obi-wan had palpatine backed up against the wall.And then Anakin came in, what do you think would of happend then?

Does Anakin help his bestfriend or choose to save Palpatine.So Palps can help him save Padme.
  2. electrobc1 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's a tough one.

I suspect Obi-Wan would not have survived long enough for Anakin to arrive.
  3. wassssup Jedi Youngling

star 1
    No i think you got my point wrong, i meant if Obi-wan survived long enough what would anakin do?
  4. DarthDan10855863 Jedi Master

star 2
    I suspect Obi-Wan would not have survived long enough for Anakin to arrive.

I agree- he's not as strong as Mace.
    However, if he did survive up to that point, Palps would be dead. (assuming the OT was never created)
  5. LordMelkor13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anakin would try to reason with Obi-wan more, I am not sure he would be able to kill his Master at this point.
  6. JediDa-cam18 Jedi Master

star 4
    He would have made the same choice.
  7. Dj_Stevie_C Jedi Knight

star 1
    Nah I don't think he'd choose the same route, Anakin hates Mace for not trusting him, at that point he still respects Obi Wan as his friend so he wouldn't kill him off the bat, I think in this situation Palps would escape through the window and capture Anakin another way.

And I do think Obi would survive as long as Mace, Windu is stronger but Obi is smarter, Mace only 'lost' because he was betrayed.
  8. Darth_wanderguard Force Ghost

star 6
    Mace is strong, yes, but Obi isn't that far behind. Obi would use his cunning to win, whereas Mace would rely on only brute force.

I honestly believe that if Obi-Wan had taken Mace's place, he could've done the job much better.

And if it had been Mace and Anakin fighting on Mustafar, Anakin would have won.
  9. SLAVE2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is an interesting question. I don't believe Anakin would have cut off Obi-Wan's arm at that point and left him at Sidious' mercy, he might have tried something else to stop the attack without seriously harming Obi-Wan, maybe force pushing him away from Sidious. Eventually I guess Anakin would turn on Obi-Wan simply because Padmé means more to him and everything he did was for her.
  10. dyarab Jedi Knight

"What if Obi-wan was in Mace's place, and Mace was off world like most of the Jedi masters."

Then Jesse Jackson would be picketing outside of the Jedi Temple. ;)
  11. wassssup Jedi Youngling

star 1
    "What if Obi-wan was in Mace's place, and Mace was off world like most of the Jedi masters."

Then Jesse Jackson would be picketing outside of the Jedi Temple.

good, you are.
  12. LordSpiritius Jedi Knight

I think that Anakin would do amost the same thing.
    He would either cut Obiwan hand or Force push him.
    However it would result in Obiwan death in both case as Palpatine would certainly kill Obiwan the same way he kill Mace perhaps with even a greater pleasure.
  13. Darth_Dweebie Jedi Master

star 1
    Excellent question. I think Obi-Wan would be more reasonable, and agree to put Palps on trial.
  14. lordmorpheus Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, ignoring EVERYTHING necessary for that scenario to be set up and played out, i believe that obi wan, being the cunning jedi master that he is, would probably have agreed to arrest the chancellor, seeing as how he USUALLY defers judgement to the older masters of the order.....sans yoda and windu, he'd have preferred to have one of them present to make such a drastic decision. PLUS, he was more privy to the information involved with padme than was windu, and perhaps the same arguement that sids was putting forth to convince anakin would not have worked in this situation. he'd probably have tried to convince anakin that obi wan was "hittin" padme on the lo-lo and that in fact, padme was pregnant with OBI WAN'S twins. think that would have pushed anakin over the edge?
  15. Obilieveinme Jedi Master

star 4
    he definitely wouldn't have run in there to arrest him. I believe he would have explained again to anakin the error of his ways.

He would have gone in better prepared...he still would realize he needed to end soon so anakin couldn't be persuaed.
  16. Darth_Smithius Jedi Padawan

The outcome would have been much different. Obi-Wan would have taken Palpatine into custody instead of trying to kill him. That's why GL sent Mace instead of Obi-Wan. :D
  17. jvberggren Jedi Master

star 4
    obi wan has shown that he's able to reason with anakin. had obi wan been there, i think he would've helped anakin to see through the deception.
  18. EwokThatCried Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin would have made the same choice and Obi-Wan would be dead. Anakin probably wouldn't have hesitated.
  19. Rua Jedi Knight

star 1
    Isn't that why Palpatine made sure Obi Wan & Anakin remained seperated at this time so he could manipulate Anakin easier without his old Master to guide him?

Therefore I think it's easy to assume at the very least that Palpatine thought it would have played out very differently for him to go to these lengths to keep them apart. He even suggested leaving Obi Wan to die on the Invisible Hand.

I think in that way, Palpatine feared Obi Wan Kenobi, not for his skill, but for his influence over Anakin.
  20. ome Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "That's a tough one.

I suspect Obi-Wan would not have survived long enough for Anakin to arrive..."

exactly...but if he had been able to hold off somehow...then i think he'd still pick palpatine...padme is far more important for anakin than obi 1...although being his best friend... [face_mischief]
  21. AJ_Nejedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Plus, obi wan pretty much knew about padme and was being quiet about it. that revalation to anakin about keeping a secret for him (truly showing he's a friend) would have been enough for anakin to stay in the light. But then no OT so...
  22. rofflemao Jedi Knight

star 1
    Obi-Wan would have been killed.

If you'll notice, the only time Obi gets beaten in a saber battle is when he has to worry about Anakin. When Anakin is around, his concentration is on keeping his pupil safe.

Palpatine would have taken advantage of any split second that Obi's attention went astray.
  23. Adm_Thrawn Jedi Master

star 4
    Mace should've taken Anakin, so that he could see just how evil Palpatine, Sidious, really was.
  24. naturalfist Jedi Knight

star 1
    i dont quite agree with everyone who says obi-wan would be swayed and simply take the chancellor into custody, at least not at the point where anakin walks in.. The reason is that at that point sids has already killed 3 jedi right in front of obi-wan. Somehow i think trial is out of the question in obi's mind.

However, obi-wan may have handled the entire situation differently from the get go. Rather than marching in, sabers ready, he may have taken him into custody then.

in any case i agree with Rua, that sids has been very careful to keep obi-wan away from anakin as much as possible throughout AOTC and ROTS. Obi's influence over anakin is what rivals Sids plans, therefore anakin would not have turned.
  25. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I'm pretty sure he would have picked Obi-Wan. That is who he is looking for (at least in the novelization) when he returns to tell the Council that Palpatine is a Sith Lord. Do you honestly think Obi-Wan would have been as arrogant as Mace about killing Palpatine? No way. Especially as he would have know how Anakin felt about the Chancellor and then turned him in, anyway. Obi-Wan has a little bit more emotional intuition than Mace (let's face it, a LOT more). He would have known how to work around the conflict.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.