main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi-Wan Kenobi was in Mace's place?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by wassssup, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_nadeau

darth_nadeau Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    Because Mace Windu is black and Jesse Jackson is a race-baiting con artist. He would say that Mace is being discriminated against.

2. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Shouldn't Sidious have been able to kill Anakin anyway? I mean, lightning that instantly dropped Luke when Palps was just playing with him should surely be able to do the same to Vader when the Emperor was desperately trying to save himself, right?

Nope, it's the one thing that sid didn't forsee...Vader turning on him was unthinkable. Plus he was busy killing Luke at the time.

3. Maputo

Maputo Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2005
    Hey here's an idea, what if Roosevelt had mass murdered the Jews, and Hitler had been the great pusher for peace? eh? eh? yeah. what if Napolean was the first man on the moon and Armstrong was the Hun who came and almost conquered the Roman Empire (Western)? eh? eh? yeah. that's what I thought. What if you were to go out and be outgoing and got in the sunlight and someone that had a meaningful life with a girlfriend and a bright future, were to sit at the computer on these message boards all day making stupid hypothetical threads about stuff that will never happen? eh? eh? yeah... so go do it. you lazy idiot.

4. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Hey here's an idea, what if Roosevelt had mass murdered the Jews, and Hitler had been the great pusher for peace? eh? eh? yeah. what if Napolean was the first man on the moon and Armstrong was the Hun who came and almost conquered the Roman Empire (Western)? eh? eh? yeah. that's what I thought. What if you were to go out and be outgoing and got in the sunlight and someone that had a meaningful life with a girlfriend and a bright future, were to sit at the computer on these message boards all day making stupid hypothetical threads about stuff that will never happen? eh? eh? yeah... so go do it. you lazy idiot.

LOL
    Time to get busy, angst man!
    Why you be so angry?
    Why not refrain from name calling?

5. QuiGon-Z

QuiGon-Z Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    Well that was pleasant.
    I often wonder why people post on threads at all when they're only going to criticize the legitmate thread's very existence.

6. lordvicious

lordvicious Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    GL says Anakin could have beaten Sidious if he had not gotten messed up, but I still see that as a future Anakin. The Anakin we see in ROTS before the Mustafar was not as powerful as Sidious. No way, no how. He was growing more power, but he had still not even gained enough dark power to do Sith lightning. If Anakin had destroyed Obi Wan and studied a little longer with Sidious, he definitely would have grown more powerful, but that did not happen. Even in ROTJ he caught Sidious offguard from behind. He really would have lost a head to head with his Master at that point. The little bit of Sith Lightning that hits him is what kills Vader in ROTJ. Sidious vs. Anakin straight up at any point during ROTS would have resulted in a dead Anakin.

7. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    :confused:
    Usually I agree with you but I dont agree with this comment^^.

I dont think that there is a duo alive that could handle the raw power of mace and yoda....maybe if Anakin had reached his potential and teamed with Sidious, but other than that, Mace and Yoda would defeat any other duo we see onscreen....

Maul/Sidious
    Qui-Gonn/Obi-Wan
    Anakin/Obi-Wan
    Suited Vader/Sidious
    Dooku/Sidious

All of em would have gotten shut down by Jules the jedi and Kermit the King Jedi.:p

(I'm just going through here checking out old posts as usual and ran across this and threw in my .02;) )

8. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    What if Obi-wan Kenobi was in Mace's place?

he would have died as quickly as mace's posse did.

9. MasterKenobi777

MasterKenobi777 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    If Obi-Wan was in Mace's place Anakin would have listened to Obi-Wan. Palpatine would be dead and there would be no OT. My reasoning for this is the fact that at the beginning of ROTS Palpatine tries to get Anakin to leave Obi-Wan for dead and then he gives Anakin the info about GG saying he thinks Anakin is best for the job knowing sure well the Council won't listen to that, therefore Obi-Wan will be sent to deal with GG and will be off Coruscant. Palpaine does what ever he can to make sure Obi-Wan is out of the picture, and it works to a certain extent. I'm sure Palpatine wanted Kenobi dead more than off Coruscant but it still worked the way he wanted it to. Anakin is now a Sith while the Jedi are practically wiped out. Nevertheless, Palpatine does what ever he can to make sure Obi-Wan is gone before he reveals himself to Anakin and the Jedi. This is exactly why I feel Anakin would have listened to Obi-Wan, even Palpatine knew it.

10. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004
    Well there might not have been anyone to listen to by the time he got there.

(see post above yours)

11. sithrules70

May 28, 2005

thank you:)

12. MasterKenobi777

Feb 15, 2005
    "Well there might not have been anyone to listen to by the time he got there.

(see post above yours)"

Well considering it never happens like this, it is all speculation as to whether Obi-Wan would survive or not. There are alot of people who felt Palpatine loses to Mace on purpose, even though GL says otherwise, so it could clearly be speculated that for those fans who believe that that Palpatine would let Obi-Wan win to trick Anakin. As for my self I don't believe Obi-Wan could beat Palpatine like Mace did but I think there is substantial evidence that Obi-Wan would definitely survive longer than the posse. Obi-Wan is the most experienced Jedi when it comes to fighting the Sith(through both wins and loses) and if Palpatine kills Obi-Wan Anakin will walk in and see Obi-Wan's body, therefore Palpatine is dead because of that. Either way Anakin would have probably done the right thing by listening to Obi-Wan. Personally I believe if Obi-Wan was there he would have taken Anakin with him to confront Palpatine.

13. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Well, it's a moot point, because he wouldn't. Lucas said that you have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor. Obi-Wan would be crushed. However, if Obi-Wan wasn't crushed and ended up cornering Sidious the way Mace did (which would require Obi-Wan to be much stronger than he actually is), I suppose he would have a little better chances of Anakin not chopping off his hand while he dealt the coûp de grace (although the risk is still pretty big that Anakin would make the exact same choice), but as I've said, he is not strong enough to stand a chance against Sidious, so it's a moot point.

14. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    and if Palpatine kills Obi-Wan Anakin will walk in and see Obi-Wan's body, therefore Palpatine is dead because of that

for anakin padme was more important than obi wan.as long as palps had the "save padme"card undr his sleeve anakin was doomed,palps could easily convince anakin that obi wan was a traitor too.remember ROTS "every single jedi inlcuding your friend obi wan kenobi is now an enemy of the republic" to wich anakin answers " i understand master".

15. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    I totally agree with you. Mace/Yoda is the strongest combat duo by a fair margin in the movies. Sidious and pre-suit Vader would be second, though, and not too far behind. But I agree with you that Mace and Yoda would defeat Anakin and Sidious in this case.

16. MasterKenobi777

Feb 15, 2005
    "for anakin padme was more important than obi wan.as long as palps had the "save padme"card undr his sleeve anakin was doomed,palps could easily convince anakin that obi wan was a traitor too.remember ROTS "every single jedi inlcuding your friend obi wan kenobi is now an enemy of the republic" to wich anakin answers " i understand master"."

Yes Padme is more important than Obi-Wan to Anakin but if Anakin found Obi-Wan dead in Palpatine's office he's most likely going to do something about that. Remember, there is still good in him after all. Even that he may use his anger to kill Palpatine because he does have quite a temper as well. But the most important thing to keep in mind that this is a "What if" thread, therefore it never happens and never will. It is all specualtion, nothing more.

17. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    I totally agree with you. Mace/Yoda is the strongest combat duo by a fair margin in the movies. Sidious and pre-suit Vader would be second, though, and not too far behind. But I agree with you that Mace and Yoda would defeat Anakin and Sidious in this case.

I think Anakin and the Emperor could easily defeat Mace and Yoda. All four of them are level 9 swordsmen, so Anakin should be able to hang with Mace and Yoda for a while even on his own. Dooku was able to hang with Obi-Wan and Anakin when Anakin is at a higher saber level than Dooku. Anakin could fight Mace and Yoda with a saber, and the Emperor could hit them with lightning. If they were attacked by lightning and a lightsaber at the same time, I think they'd have a hard time defending themselves against both.

18. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    If Obi-wan had gone then Luke would have been S.O.L. on the death star 20 years later :p

19. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    Well, I figured you would think that, and we will just have to agree to disagree, because there is no way to prove it either way. Personally I think Mace did best Sidious as far as combat skill goes, and I believe Yoda would best Anakin, because while both are level 9 swordsmen, Yoda doesn't have the same tendency to make mistakes in tense situations. His tendency to make mistakes would make Anakin the least formidable combatant of these four, despite having the same swordsman level. A person who is equally skilled as you are but makes fewer mistakes is going to do better than you more often than not.

And pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Dooku's saber level has been established at this point.

And I strongly doubt either Mace, Yoda or Sidious would ever fail to defeat Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan had an edge against Anakin because he had been his master, but it was also Anakin's mistakes that allowed him to win, mistakes which the other three would not make. Anakin is definitely the least of these four characters as far as combat goes at the time of Episode III. He has potential to be the greatest, but he is not there yet.

20. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
  21. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    And pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Dooku's saber level has been established at this point.

Gillard said that Anakin, Yoda, Mace, and the Emperor are the only characters who are rated level 9. He also said that Anakin was a level 7 in AOTC. I think the most logical conclusion is that Dooku is an 8. We know he can't be a 9, and he was obviously more than a match for Anakin in AOTC, so he should be higher than a 7.

22. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    Your reasoning there looks sound. You are probably right.

23. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Who knows what would have happened. Kenobi IS the Negotiator, but that's not the story. Interesting.....

24. r8hitman

Mar 30, 2004

I think Anakin and the Emperor could easily defeat Mace and Yoda. All four of them are level 9 swordsmen, so Anakin should be able to hang with Mace and Yoda for a while even on his own.

:eek: :eek:

Bartender....let me get a shot of what he's having....just one shot though because obviously it's some strong ****.

o_O

You have got to be kidding.

If Sidious knew that Mace and Yoda were coming to confront him and Anakin, even he would have sense enough to retreat.

Remember that fast paced walk he was doing after Anakin killed Dooku??

Imagine that to the fifth power.:p

25. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes but Vader gave it everything he could to do away with Palps. The lighnting would have been ripping him to pieces inside but he hung on for the greater good.
    Why else would Vader be unable to walk after shafting Palps. He couldn't move. His body was broken and he knew this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.