main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi-wan turned? In E2

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MandalorianJango, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    What if Obi-wan turned on the jedi and joined Dooku on Geonosis? Let me know you input.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
  3. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    Thanks for the reply. The moderators at Lucasfilm project section told me to try here. and you have a nice day too.

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "What if" type threads usually do better in this forum, for whatever reason. In the AOTC forum, I try to keep discussion related to events that actually took place in the movie.

5. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Ah, my mistake. It was my impression that such threads would exist only within their film forum parameters. My bad. ;)

In any event, if Obi-Wan would have turned when Count Dooku had asked him to, and number of things might have occurred.

One, Anakin would most likely not have fought Dooku and, in turn, wouldn't have become Darth Vader.

Obi-Wan would most likely become "Darth Ben" or something ( :p ), would be the equivilant of a Vader (wipe out the Jedi) and the Empire probably wouldn't have fallen, should it have been created at all.

This for a number of reasons, the number one reason being that there would be no Anakin----Luke to help the Alliance and save the galaxy.

Yet the spirit of Qui-Gon may turn this "Darth Ben" back to the light, only to defeat Tyranus and the Emperor in a ROTJ-like fashion. ;)

:)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

6. MandalorianJango

Feb 2, 2003
    Interesting reply Ken Kenobi.

7. JediMasterKitFisto

JediMasterKitFisto Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 27, 2002
    If Obi-Wan would have Joined Dooku, Thge Clone War might not have happened. Dooku wanted to kill the Sith and if Obi-Wan sensed something wrong he could have killed Dooku and known who the sith master was.

8. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    If Obi-Wan turned, I imagine Episodes 4, 5, and 6 would be very different. ;)

9. Darth_Sidious143

Darth_Sidious143 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2003
    Nothing would have changed. It was the will of the force that made Anakin turn into Vader and for the birth of the Empire to take place and would have eventually lead to the destruction of the Sith hereby bringing balance to the force.

And in any case, Dooku and OB1 togeather would not have had enuogh power to destroy Sidious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.