main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Obi Won?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by midthomp, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midthomp

midthomp Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    What if he didn't give up in his fight agaist Vader and actually won or was able to escape?

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I think if Obi-Wan had killed Vader and escaped, he would have gone on to be a rebel leader and still gone out on some missions. He and Yoda would have teamed up to train Luke, as Palpatine would be gunning for a new apprentice and would be after the young Jedi. Maybe Palpatine would have seduced Luke and Obi and Yoda would have had to turn to "the other", Leia, and we would have seen sister vs. brother!

3. Deimos_Skywalker

Deimos_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Hmm, given that Obi seemed quite confident against Vader, if he had said "You can't win Darth" and then proceeded to kick his ass... again (Lava Duel Rematch)

Anakin would never have been redeemed

Which I thought was the point of the saga... the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker?

4. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    If Ben would have won then he would have been shot by about a dozen stormtroopers.

5. DarthyMarkyMark

DarthyMarkyMark Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I don't think Obi-Wan was trying to win his duel with Vader - I think he knew that Luke was the only person who could defeat Vader, and their duel was simply a diversion by Obi-Wan, to allow Luke to escape. I think Obi-Wan always planned for Yoda to train Luke, so he wouldn't make the same mistakes with Luke as he did with Anakin. Obi-Wan's strokes are mostly defensive - he's not really trying to win.

6. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    What if Obi Won?

What if Obi Won...Kenobi? :confused:

Well, what if Luke Skywalked?

Does Han chew 'bacca? What if he went Solo?

Wouldn't you like Princess to Leia? I would.

These are the questions that torment my shattered mind. 8-}

7. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    If OBi-Wan had killed Vader Blance would have never been brought to the Force and Luke would have become Palpatines next apprentice.

8. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    Obi-Wan had no chance against Vader. I'm sick of people saying "he could have won if he tried." Just watch the fight: its obvious Vader is stronger and better. Hes not just making small talk when he says "Your powers are weak old man". Sure, Obi-Wan could have dragged the fight on for a long time by playing defensive, but eventually he would have fallen to a superior warrior. He ended the fight because he couldn't delay the inevitable. Besides, Luke had a flight to catch...

9. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    Obi-Wan could of beaten him. We have no idea since he didn't try in the duel. And we all know who is the better swordsman 20 years prior to that duel so Obi-Wan could still be the better man with a saber. The thing is if Obi-Wan DID win he would have the ENTIRE Empire trying to kill him knowing he is alive. He would have to go in hiding again most likely not be able to train Luke. His best chance would be to become a force ghost and aid Luke from that.

10. SilverWook

SilverWook Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2004
    Ben was supposed to be alive and well at the end of Star Wars at one point. (One of the pre-production paintings clearly shows him at the medal ceremony.) I've long wondered how the saber battle with Vader was supposed to end before Lucas decided to kill him off?

11. JediStu2

JediStu2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    First of all, I'm a huge Obi-Wan fan. But if he survives the battle against Vader and flees the Death Star with the rest of the group, then he kinda becomes a pointless character. Yeah, he could train Luke, but then that makes Yoda useless does it not? Obviously the story as it is makes everything make sense and the death of Obi-Wan will be more powerful when we see Revenge of the Sith because Obi-Wan has been the only consistently good character in the prequels.

Besides, Ben knew damn well that he wasn't coming out of the Death Star. He knew Vader was there and that he had to face him, knowing full well that Vader had become the stronger one.

12. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    This may happen at some point the way Lucas changes things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.