main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What if Padme was a Jedi?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Jun 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    The character Rey really remind me of Padme. Aside from their looks, Padme got many good qualities of a Jedi while she wasn't one.

What if Padme was a Jedi diplomat rather than a Naboo politican, won't it make the love even more tragic and the story more interesting?

2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I think if Padme was also a jedi, there marriage would of been harder to keep secret.

3. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Not at all. First, is almost improbable for two Jedi to fall in love considering their training. Yes, Anakin is special and unusual what about but the other one? Two unusual Jedi in the same place... well, then the Jedi Order wouldn't commit the same errors as we saw in Ep.1-3.
    But that is not the biggest problem. The whole point of their love is that they shouldn’t be 'colleagues'. Anakin is ex slave and now knight from a monk like order and Padme is ex queen now senator. She is not only older than him she has highest rank in their society. Their story is like the story of Guinevere and Lancelot: Lancelot is indeed a knight who should serve the queen, but he falls in love with her. The love of Anakin and Padme is like the tragic love stories of the past: against all odds.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    If they are both outcasts, why not? There are many Jedi romance in both the old EU and the new canon, that only makes the love more tragic.

I don't see the social difference play a big part in their romance, it wasn't a big focus in the story simply.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    What if thread - it's stickied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.