main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Padme was a slave instead of Anakin?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by Dooku_Tyranus, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooku_Tyranus

Dooku_Tyranus Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2000
    I never really liked the idea of Anakin marrying someone so high and mighty. I think Padme is too uptight for someone like Anakin plus I didn't go for that 'Queen at 14' nonsense.

I think the majority of the TPM storyline is excellent however it would be easier to relate to some of the characters if they were more 'common'.

I like the idea of the Jedi meeting Anakin in the forests of Naboo as an 18 year old. He was abandoned at birth and left to fend for himself (ala Jungle Book). This would eliminate the need to meet Jar Jar.

We meet Padme on Tatooine (sister of Owen) and Anakin goes out of his way to free her. She would be 16-18 years old. Owen would chose to stay on Tatooine once he is freed and will attempt to convince Anakin and Padme to do the same.

Thoughts.

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    Having Owen as Padme's sister would cause more uproar about Luke being sent to him than what we currently have. Padme as a slave could work definately. I'm not sure I like the idea about Anakin being abandoned in the jungle of Naboo.

3. Dooku_Tyranus

Dec 19, 2000
    If Anakin had family links back on Tatooine wouldn't he think of returning someday? Imagine if Vader had of returned to the desert planet to visit his dead mothers grave at some stage and bumped into Luke.

If Anakin has no family, he has no reason to ever go there.

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I relise that you've cut off ties with Owen. Which is good. But I'm not into the Jungle book approach. But that's just me.

5. Dooku_Tyranus

Dec 19, 2000
    I feel that Padme could 'grow' into the role of a senator.

6. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    If Padme was a Slave she would definetly be own by the Hutts and never be freed,a beautifull woman like her would have it bad too especially being forced to degrade herself or be a Prostitute for Aliens and Humans with alot of Credits that would gladly spend them on exotic women.

Nothing perverted intended but that is probably what would happen if a very Sexy young woman were a Slave,her master would definetly use her assets to make money.

7. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    Then Anakin would have been arrogant from the beginning, joining the dark side from the get go. That would ruin a good story of pain, suffering, talent, abuse of powers, etc, etc, etc.

8. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    She's already a slave to Anakin's bi-polar personality...

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    While moer "common" characters would probably be easier to relate to, I think it would be impossible to do for the prequels. This is because we need to see the ERpublic transform into the EMpire, and Palpatine's rse to power, both of which require insight into the political workings of the Republic. Without a Senator or nobleman of some kind, that couldn't be done.

10. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Padme was a slave to society all her life. She was probably treated a lot better than Anakin, but her wants and desires always came second to her people's needs.

11. Anagorn

Anagorn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2003
    Perhaps she then would wear the same outfit as Leia did in Jabbas palace!

12. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    I would love Padme to be a slave. Mine.

13. Darth_Angel17

Darth_Angel17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2003
    Padme as a slave just wouldn't work... It doesn't make much sense, I think...neither does the Jungle Book Theory..

But that's just what I think...but I agree with Padme being a slave to society...she's never really had freedom in the way other people have...

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    She's always had it. She choose to run for pulbic office people. Its not like anyone's forcing her to do it. Wake up.

15. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    *imagines Padme in a gold metal bikini*

Mmmmmmmm...

16. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    In order to get to see the rise of the Empire, we could have had Bail Organa as that character.

17. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "If Anakin had family links back on Tatooine wouldn't he think of returning someday? Imagine if Vader had of returned to the desert planet to visit his dead mothers grave at some stage and bumped into Luke."

Not necessarily. After AOTC, Anakin has quite a few bad memories from Tatooine. He lived there as a slave for years, and he watched his mother tragically die in his arms. That event caused Anakin a great deal of pain, and he doesn't seem like the type of character who would want to be reminded of that pain. Anakin really has no immediate family who he has much of a relationship with on Tatooine. Besides, Anakin doesn't like sand, and that's pretty much all that Tatooine has to offer. :p

18. Dooku_Tyranus

Dec 19, 2000
    Could Anakin and Padme have both come from the same planet, but different backgrounds? Basically it's the same set up, except there aren't any Gungans - just jungle tribes. Anakin could be from the jungle and Padme from Theed.

19. ACloneWhoIsDifferent

ACloneWhoIsDifferent Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2003
    That would be hawt

20. Dooku_Tyranus

Dec 19, 2000
    I believe so too. I think Padme shouldn't have had so much responsibility straight off the bat. She could have been a princess or something. Or younger sister to Bail Organa.

21. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    If DV went back to Tattoine, that would mean he could relive his past. A past well, that supposed to have no meaning to him and rather not contemplate. The Emperor will be duely disappointed if so. Or worse, DV would then have to be replaced by someone having no distractions. :p

22. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    There are many historical figures to support the "Queen at 14 nonsense".

Still, I changed her character to a Representative, like Jar Jar was in AOTC, for my rewrite.

23. Dooku_Tyranus

Dec 19, 2000
    at least Anakin and Padme should have been around the same age. I'm still not quite sure how those two managed to fall in love. It was all too rushed and highly unrealistic for my liking. Story telling through the ages tells us that a princess will be the one to find love, not a Queen. They also should have fallen in love before Anakin became a Jedi.

24. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm not allowed to post some "Padme as a slave" fiction, am I? :p

25. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    That would've been neat if Padme had been a slave and Anakin freed her. If Anakin had been abandoned he'd be more mature probably and etc. Sounds like a good idea. I mean Anakin seemed so young, he's 5 years younger than Padme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.