What if Qui-Gon didn't die in TPM? Anyone can post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aralna, Jan 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    "Will Obi-Wan be included in this mission?" Qui-Gon asked.

"Once he has settled into his part as a JediKnight, yes." Mace Windu answered.

"Now, a test we have for you Qui-Gon Jinn. For your apprentice as well." Yoda told him. "Found a new student has been. Get her you must."

"The mission should be simple. All you need to do is talk to the family, and explain what's involved."

"Anakin is not to be trained in the Temple?"

"Too old he is," Yoda replied. "Too unfamiliar it would be."

Oh, and sending Anakin across the galaxy wouldn't be new to the child? Well, it would give him a chance to teach Anakin on the ship. Qui-Gon hoped Yoda had made the right choice in how to train Anakin. He didn't doubt his choice at all. The choice to train Anakin.
    _____----_____-----______
    It's been awhile since I tried talking like Yoda, so it doesn't quite seem natural anymore. Anyone have any ideas for Obi-Wan while Qui-Gon is on this mission with Anakin?
    So the post... Was it good?
  2. SeanAGreen Jedi Knight

star 1
    UPP THIS IS GREAT POST MORE U WILL *waving his hand*
  3. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    You could post Sean. That's why I said anyone could write. And because, well, I'm not an idea machine. I wish I was.
  4. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    hmmmm......
    ----------------------------------------
    Obi-Wan turned away fromt he door as Sabe led Anikan through to speak with Padme.

Sighing he walked down the hall towards the council chambers. Maybe his master, **Qui-gon.** he reminded himself, could help him sort out his feelings.

In some ways he was happy to be a Jedi Knight now instead of a padawan, but in some ways he felt betrayed, like the council had agree to make him a Knight so they could let Qui-gon teach Anikan without having to worry about him.

Then there was Anikan. It felt better now that he had spoken with the boy and was beginging to understand how he felt. He remembered how he had felt when he thought that he would never see the Jedi temple again.

Now he could understand how the boy felt. Suddenly being seperated from his mother with no way of knowing if he would ever see her again. Obi-wan sighed as he thought about it, the temple had been his mother as much as Anikans mother had been there for him.

He sighed again and looked out the window he found hiself standing in front of and nearly jumped when he heard a voice behind him.

"It's beutiful isn't it."
    --------------------------------------------
    Anikan followed Sabe into the room. And looked around as she silently left.

"Anikan." Padme said turning around and smiling.

Anikan smiled back, this girl truely was an angel. "Your highness." He said trying not to smile at how beutiful she looked in her queenly robes.

"Come on Anikan, We're alone. Call me Padme."
    --------------------------------------------
    OK hope that wasn't too bad.
  5. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    That was great. My ideas are starting to reappear. Now if only they sorted themselves... Oh, well.

Thanks for posting!!!
  6. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    Sidious was furious. Maul hadn't even killed one of the Jedi. 'I hope my next apprentice won't be such a failure.' His next apprentice, yes, he must think about that. Anakin was strong in the Force, but how could he be won over? The kid was so innocent. Sidious laughed. He would use that to his advantage.
    ____----___----____
    Okay, I added more. That's my opinion of what Sidious thinks about after (or during) Qui-Gon's funeral, only then Maul had killed one of the Jedi, and in this there's no funeral. How could there be?
    Well, there could be a funeral for the Gungans or Pilots. (Just thinking, aloud)
  7. Ashamaphone Jedi Master

star 4
    First off, this sounds pretty neat!!!

Second: I'm not posting an addition to this thread(yet) since my mind is still a pile of mush after wracking my brain for my own fic

::winks appreciatively at Aralna::

Hopefully, I will in the future. . . but NOT tonight. . . After all, where I live it's 12:25 a.m. . .

::GASP::

12:25 A.M!!!!!!!

GAH!!!!!!!!! Insomnia claims yet another victim!!
  8. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not putting anymore up til someone else posts.

It's not that I'm trying to be rude, but I need ideas still, and I don't think they'll come without another story post.
  9. SeanAGreen Jedi Knight

star 1
  10. Sara_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 7
    Top!! I would post, but Ive never written in a Round Robin before. Im not sure how to go about it!! ;)
  11. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    As far as I know, you just come up with something that fits with the previous posts and continues the story. Then you post it.
  12. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

I have an idea, but am lousy when it comes to writing dialog. So, I'm throwing the idea out here and if someone wants to flesh it out, good.

What if Qui-gon goes to Amidala and asks her to buy Shmi, setting her free? Shmi could go to work in the palace. This would give a wonderful reason for Anikin to visit. . .

Also, I'm leaning towards the idea with Qui-gon's guidance, Anikin does not fall to the dark side, but that would not prevent Sidious/Palpatine from finding another apprentice and raising his Empire.
  13. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    hmmmm......what if Amidala comes up with it, that'd be more romantic. Let's seee......
    -------------------------------------------
    Anikan tried to smile. "Ok Padme."

"What's wrong Anikan?" She asked suddenly concerned.

"Nothing, just I miss my mom." He said near tears again trying to remember what Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had said.

"I'm sorry Anikan." Amidala said the gears already turning. **Maybe, I could buy her from that Tydarian. She could come and work in the palace and that'd give me an excuse to have Anikan visit.

"Padme, what is it?" Anikan asked as she suddenly smiled.

"Nothing Anikan. Anyway, so have you found out whether your going to be trained yet?"
    ------------------------------------------
    Ok I hope that's what you had in mind, I'm kind of thinkin It would be cool if she doesn't tell him, she just invites him over some time and his mom is there, but whatever. That's just my two sence worth.
  14. Melne_Crtor Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, Aralna! I was just checking this out and I noticed something: you're a much better writer than you say you are. Now I'm not the biggest fan of prequel stories, but you know what you're doing. Write more!
  15. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't feel I write that well, but then, the only people who read what I wrote before were my best friends. And they'll say it's good no matter what.
    Okay, now that someone else posted I'll try some more.
    ---------------------------
    "Yes, the Council agreed to let Master Qui-Gon train me." Anakin told her.

"That's good. But you'll be traveling around the galaxy, won't you?"

"Yes, we just got our first mission. We're going to MeliDaan" Anakin stumbled over the word.

'MeliDaan is halfway across the galaxy' Padme thought. 'Plenty of time to get to Tatooine and back.? A knock sounded at the door, interrupting her thoughts. "Come in," she called.

Qui-Gon walked in. "Come, Ani, we must get ready to leave." Anakin followed, though Padme could tell he wasn't ready to leave.

"Master, what's MeliDaan like?"

"MeliDaan was in a civil war 12 years ago. The war was won by the Young, a group of children and teenagers. In the past years they've worked out a government and restored some of the planet's natural beauty." Qui-Gon was still unsure as to why the Council was sending *him* there. But the war was over; he wouldn't lose his Padawan this time.

The Council had just given him the last of the details about the mission. They were to talk to a boy, man, Qui-Gon corrected himself, Nield. His daughter had shown sensitivity to the Force, and his wife had called the Council.
    _________
    Obi-Wan stood before the Council. It felt strange, standing there alone. Without Qui-Gon.

"A mission we have for you as well, Obi-Wan"

"What is it Master Yoda?"

"A time of reflection this is. To Alderaan you should go."

"To do what?"

"Embrace the past. Remember the good memories and the bad."
    --------------------------------
    I hope you've read Jedi Apprentice 5 and 6, because that's where the MeliDaan part is coming from. I just made the planet have one name, not two.
  16. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    Very nice post. Nice irony there. Obi-wan going off to embrace the past, and Qui going to melidaan.
  17. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    For the first time in my JC life, I am going to post a message consisting of one word: UP!

(Oh, wait, that didn't work. It was many words) :(

*kneels* Someone else add, please!
  18. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
    hmmmm.....I'll try to think of something.
  19. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope I'm not interrupting, but I had a idea...

*!*!*!*!*!*!*

Obi-Wan knelt in meditation on his ship, 'Freedom's Price.' It was set on autopilot and would altert him to anything out of the oridnary.

As he meditated, he drifted back to a conversation he'd had earlier...

*!*!*

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Obi-Wan turned around in surprise and saw the first of Amidala's handmaidens, Sabe. She was dressed in a simple green robe, her hood drawn back. Her hair, which was normally drawn up in a tight bun, was now flowing freely.

Smiling at her, he replied, "Yes it is."

Sabe moved to stand next to him. She stared out at the view and whispered, "To think, the Trade Federation would have destroyed it all." She shivered slightly at the thought.

"But they didn't, and it serves no purpose to dwell on what might have been. Naboo has been saved, that is what is important," he told her soothingly.

She glanced at him and smiled, "And yet, I have seen you with a look that tells me that you have been thinking what would have happened had Master Qui-Gon not survived in the battle with tall, black, and ugly."

Obi-Wan couldn't help but grin slightly at her and say, "You have me there Lady Sabe. I am afraid that I could not help myself in that instance."

"You are only human. And please, call me Sabe Jedi Kenobi."

"Only if you shall do me the honor of calling me Obi-Wan."

Sabe chuckled and nodded. She turned back to the view of the city and what lay beyond. "I grew up out in the country, and only came to Theed to become a handmaiden. Thousands of girls applied for that position, but only five could be chosen. I never expected to make it, but I was chosen to be the first of the handmaidens, the Decoy Queen, should their ever be a need for one. My mother was shocked at the idea of me being in such a dangerous position. My father, on the other hand, was delighted. He had taught me to fight at a very young age, and had always told me that those skills would serve me well. How right he was."

Quietly, Obi-Wan asked, "Have you heard from them yet?" All the people who had been involved in the crisis had sent out word to their families, informing them that they were alright and asking them to return the call.

"Not yet," Sabe admitted, "Rabe, Yane, and Eirtae have all heard from their families, but they all live in the city or close by. Sache and I are both country girls and have lived farther out all our lives. I am hoping to hear from them soon. I am worried about my younger sister, Serenity. She is only five and quite frail. She may not have been able to withstand the harsh conditions of the camps. I pray she survived."

Trying to comfort his newfound friend, Obi-Wan said, "If she is in anyway similar to you, she survived."

Sabe looked at him for a moment, as if trying to asertain something. Finally she asked, "What of you Obi-Wan, do you have any family to speak to?"

"Not really. Jedi are brought to the temple very early in their lives, mostly no older than two. Thats why the Council has been so relunctant to train Anakin. He's nine, extremely old compared to the others. I am originally from Moraca, a planet near the Core Worlds. I believe I have a brother named Owen, but I can't be sure. I haven't seen any of them since I was around five or six. The Jedi are my family, especially Qui-Gon."

"He's like a father to you," Sabe added softly.

"Very much so. And I almost lost him today." Now it was Obi-Wan's turn to shudder.

Sabe placed a small hand on his arm comfortingly. "But he didn't die today, and it serves no purpose to dwell on what might have been."

Obi-Wan couldn't help but chuckle at the very same words he had said to her minutes before.

Before either of them could say a word, Qui-Gon appeared from the Queen's private room with Anakin in tow.

"Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon called after bowing to Sabe, "The Council wishes to see you." With an almost knowing smile to both of them, he and Anakin left the room.

Obi-Wan turned to Sabe and softly said, "
  20. Aralna Force Ghost

star 4
    I liked it.

I hate it when my plot blunnies die! Okay, I'm done ranting.
  21. Joe_Malmsteen Jedi Knight

star 1
  22. I love Sci Fi Force Ghost

star 4
  23. AngelQueen Force Ghost

star 4
  24. Joe_Malmsteen Jedi Knight

star 1
  25. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Hey you guys! get back in here and finish this story!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.