main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Qui-Gon didn't die in TPM? Anyone can post!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Aralna, Jan 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    Qui-Gon relaxed as Anakin flew the ship down to the planet. The boy had wanted to fly, and from what Qui-Gon had seen was perfectly capable of it.

The ship was low enough for Qui-Gon to pick out individual stones in the road they were above. When he commented, Anakin brought the ship up a few meters.

They landed and Qui-Gon lead Anakin out of the ship. The city certainly had changed. Now, instead of the Halls of Evidence, there were lakes, and ponds. People of all ages walked on the streets, and the buildings had been repaired.

Nield's wife, Niari, was waiting for him. "I'm afraid he refused to come greet you, but he's waiting at the house with our daughter."

Anakin stared at the planet in wonder. It wasn't as urban as Coruscant, and not as beautiful as Theed. Anakin was still getting used to all the different planets and people in the galaxy. Qui-Gon touched his shoulder to get his attention. Niari had started walking away, but was now turned back, waiting for them to follow.

Anakin gave the city one last look, and walked towards their guide.

Qui-Gon watched the scenery as they walked. He saw a few buildings he recognized, but mostly the land was unfamiliar.

At last they came to a small house, in the Inner Hub of Zehava. Nield opened the door as they approached. "Hello, Qui-Gon."

"Hello, Nield. It's been a long time."

"Yes, it has. How is Obi-Wan?"

"A Jedi Knight now." Qui-Gon felt a hint at pride.

"Really? I'm glad he made it."

Nield's wife interrupted their semi-awkward conversation. "I'll take you upstairs to see the baby if you wish, Qui-Gon." He nodded, and followed her. Nield came and Anakin was last.

Their daughter was sleeping, but woke up when Niari picked her up.

"What's her name?" Anakin asked.

"Cerasi," Nield told him.

Qui-Gon didn't answer right away, and a toy floated to Cerasi, who grasped it happily. Qui-Gon looked at Anakin.

"I didn't do anything," Anakin informed him.

"Now you now how we could tell she had the Force." Niari said. "Though I admit, she scared us quite a bit at first."

"Yes, I can see how that would happen. I'll need to get a MidiClorian count if you don't mind." Qui-Gon looked at them.

Nield hesitated. "Go ahead, but be careful."

Qui-Gon took out the tools he needed, and used the Force to calm Cerasi while he got a blood sample. "We'll have to run this through the ship but I don't doubt she'll be trained."

Qui-Gon brought Anakin back to the ship, and showed him how to check the MidiClorian count. "15,000" Anakin whispered. "That's pretty good isn't it?"

"Quite good." Qui-Gon agreed. It was higher than his failed apprentice Xanatos's count. "Now, Nield invited us to eat there today. Do you want to?"

"Of course!" Anakin wanted to learn more about this planet. He suspected Qui-Gon knew a lot more than he'd told Anakin. And this Nield, he'd known Obi-Wan.
    _-_-_-_
    Meanwhile, in Theed, Queen Amidala was preparing for a trip to Tatooine to try to rescue Anakin's mother.

Remembering Watto would not accept credits, she had Panaka find some jewels. She hoped Watto would accept them.

There wouldn't be another podrace to bet on.
    ----------
    Hey, I actually wrote a decent-length post! :D Mine always turn out really short.

2. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Wow great!!! Guess this means I have to think of something

3. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001

YIPPEE! Someone posted. Now I'm going to get greedy and say "more, more, more" :)

4. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    you know I'm feeling extremely board, so I'm going to revive this thread >:)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Tatoine
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Captain, are you ready yet?" Padme called. "I want to leave before the suns set."

"Coming your majesty." Panaka called. **One of these days she's going to have to learn to settle down.**
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Later
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Ah, the slave girl." Watto said as Padme walked in.

"I am not a slave. And I'm here to make you a deal for the slave woman Shmi Skywalker."

"No credits." Watto said.

"Yes I know, no credits, I've brought other things to trade."

"Go on." Watto said with a greedy twinkle in his eye.

5. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    ooh, I like this! UP! Someone continue please :)

6. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    I'll try **ow** OK, I'll post tomorrow night or Thursday, but i'll have to go back and figure out what Obi's doing, I think he's going to Alderaan or something like that.

7. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Let's up this and see if someone will post so I will get to read it! Or else I will have to start writing!

8. Emperor_Kefka

Emperor_Kefka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    Very nice idea, though not entirely original. Brings back fond memories of the "What if in Episode 1" series.

Cloudreaper, Sibwarra, and all the rest had better get their butts over here! We might just yet make this into resident epic!

Try to use a bit more description. I'd like to know what the walls look like(j/k)

9. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  10. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Whoa! This isn't totally dead? :eek: I thought I was the only one who remembered it's existance, since it was my first thread.

Anyway, I definately can't think of anything to add now, 1 AM is just too early to think. I think I should sleep. hmm...

11. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    nope dis isn't totally dead, not yet anyway, but I think i'll wait till after you post to post.

12. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Ah, hmm, now I need to think of something. Let's see...
    ---------
    Obi-Wan's ship rocked, and he ceased thinking about his conversation with Sabe.

Obi-Wan hurried to the cockpit, as the ship left hyperspace. He was just within the borders of the Alderaan system. In fact, this area of the system seemed unusually busy. I wonder what's happening. Obi-Wan thought.
    ----------
    I know it's not much, but I couldn't think of more.

13. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    It's way past 3am here and let's just Up this and see if anyone will read and write something!!!!

14. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  15. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll try a short post, but I've never done this before, so don't expect much.

"I've got three rare jewels from Naboo here that I'm willing to trade," said Padme.

Watto looked at them. "These are worthless. No one here would take those."

Padme responded, "What if I could get you a Corusca gem?"

Watto's eyes lit up. "Gladly. I'll even give you that worthless annoyance of a droid she has, which of course is technically my property."

"Bring her here," said Padme.

Shmi arrived looking very tired. When she saw Padme, her brows furrowed. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"You're free," Padme told her.

"And take that stupid droid with you whereever you go." Watto almost screamed at her in Huttese.

Someone take it from here.
    Please ignore spelling and grammar, I thought of this all of seven minutes ago and started typing.

16. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    Shmi looked at Padme in surprise but motioned to follow her back to the slave quarters. Padme motioned for Panaka and followed.

"How?" Shmi asked grabbing her bag and putting the few things she owned into it.

"I paid for you, and now I'm setting you free." Padme said simply.

"Thank you." Shmi said. "But I do not know what I will do now."

"I was hoping you'd come back to Naboo with me." Padme said.

"I'd appreciate it." Shmi said. "I'm ready, I don't own much as you can imagine."

"Good, let's go Panaka."

"Yes, ma'am." He said and they began the trek to the ship.

"One more question." Shmi said quietly. "How did a hand maiden come across such money?"

17. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Padme exchanged glances with Panaka. "uh..." she finally stammered.

Panaka interrupted, "because she's not a handmaiden."

Shmi was shocked. "But the Jedi said she was a handmaiden to a queen when they came here last time."

Padme nodded. "He didn't realize I was actually the queen in disguise. As the queen of Naboo, its fairly simple to get some jewels, and corusca gems aren't nearly as rare there as they are here. They're still very rare at home, but here they happen to worth almost ten times as much."

They returned to the ship without further incident, but when they got into orbit, a trio of Z-95 Headhunters came out of nowhere and fired upon the Queen's ship.

"It's a good thing we added those extra shields and a blaster cannon" Ric Olie commented as he motioned for another Bravo squadron pilot to take the control seat for the hidden blaster cannon.

Lanar Ar-Nat, the Bravo pilot-gunner, agreed as he aimed the cannon and opened fire as soon as he got a lock on the lead Headhunter. The Z-95 exploded, as its shields were not raised because the pilots had no way of knowing the ship was armed. The other two pilots raised their shields, but the distraction gave the Nubian starship time to make the jump into hyperspace

Again, sorry for any spelling and grammar mistakes.

18. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    good post! hmmm....**sits down to think of something**

19. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I too am sorry for grammer, spelling, etc. Ah well, here it is...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obi Wan looked out at Alderaan through the view screen. It was unusually busy. Strange, he thought, those don't look like normal transports. They look more like- He tailed off. Upon further inspection, Obi Wan found his suspicion correct. They were Trade Federation ships. Apperantly Naboo wasn't the only planet they invaded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Padme, Shmi, Panaka, and all the rest arrived back on Naboo safely, just in time hear a distress call from a neighboring planet.

20. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Up! I finally wrote something!

21. Aralna

Nov 1, 2000
    Nice work everyone! :) I can't think of anything myself...
    Trade federation ships? Thatshould be interesting.

22. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obi Wan quickly turned to the controls, haulting the ship from continueing it's path for Alderaan and putting the corrdinates in for Naboo.

"Is this Captain Panaka?" Obi Wan asked through the comm link.

"Yes. Who is this?"

"This is Obi Wan Kenobi. I have some vital news. The Trade Federation just invaded Alderaan."

"How can you be sure?"

Does this guys ever trust me? He thought to himself.

"Just trust me. Notify the Queen. Alderaan will need our help."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

23. I love Sci Fi

Jan 21, 2000
    good post. Hmmm....

24. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Hmmm indeed... up!

25. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Up! Post someone!