main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What if Qui Gon had not sensed Darth Maul on Tatooine?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Sitara, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I might be the only one.[face_mischief]

2. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I don't know that he really sensed maul a ton at that moment, but regardless maul probably would have ended up killing him..... wait a minute....

3. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Plagueis sent Maul searching for Qui Gon in order to kill him so that young Anakin wouldn't be trained by Jedi. But that's just the Plagueis book material which I highly recommend because it flows right into The Phantom Menace.....so...I don't think Maul would have killed the boy. The Sith wanted him for themselves as Count DuKoo told them of his existence during TPM period.

4. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Plagueis did not even know of Anakin's existence at the time...the Jedi found him first, and Maul was upon them soon after because he was after the queen. I am quite sure the move, TPM, is right that Maul was after the queen, not the boy on Tatooine.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They should never have deleted the scene where Qui-Gon slices the probe droid. It made the following scene where he and Anakin are running to the ship make more sense. And although the novel makes the point, I never really got from the movie that Qui-Gon sensed anything was wrong until he realized that the probe droid was following them. And on that note, how stupid does a probe droid have to be to follow someone eight feet behind them? :p

6. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Have you read the Darth Plagueis book?

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Plagueis discovers Anakin's existence when Qui-Gon arrives with him on Coruscant.

It is right after Qui-Gon leaves for Naboo with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and the Queen, that we see Plagueis thinking "Maul has to kill Qui-Gon, to keep the boy from being trained."

Whether or not Maul is actually given that order, we're not shown.