main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if Shaak Ti went with Mace to fight Palpatine and the other 3 stayed at the temple?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by ShaakTi, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    If Shaak Ti went with Mace, then Windu would have died a lot sooner. She would have offered less resistance than the three other stiffs did.

Sidious would have had even more time to wipe out Master Windu.

She was so worthless GL didn't even bother putting her in the film.
    Look at the pick of her posted on page two...

THE TEMPLE IS GETTING RAIDED and she's channelling Depak Chopra.

All the while, oblivious to the "certain death" standing right behind her...

2. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    That's true she should have freed up here schedule from extra-curricular activities, especially during a raid.

[face_shame_on_you]

3. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    If she had been in the film during the Temple raid, and died like that pic sets her up... Then she would officially become the dumbest Star Wars character...ever.

She makes Nute Gunray look like Albert Einstein.

4. Shiphunk2

Shiphunk2 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    SithStar,

She was meditating because there was a disturbance in the force (4 Jedi deaths) and she was trying to search for answers. She wasn't aware at that point the temple was being raided by Anakin and the clones. Its hard to say exactly when that pic was shot, more than likely right before all the fighting began and after the Windu and Palps fight.

5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I don't buy it.

If four Jedi died over in the Senate building and she felt a disturbance, then how would she not sense all the Jedi/ Padawans and Younglings getting whacked two feet outside her door?

The darkside clouds everything doesn't work either.

(Its)For the better, that she ended up on the cutting room floor. The only death that would have been cool for her was the one where the General kills her onboard the Inv-Hand.

6. Shiphunk2

Aug 11, 2005
    Possibly. But how do you know the younglings were killed prior to her death? They could have died after her? She might have been one of the first Jedi to die prior to the big battle, otherwise in that pic of him standing behind her, there would be fighting going on, then I would agree with you 100%. I believe most fans would have wanted to see Anakin fighting Jedi instead of him staring down the younglings with a saber stalking them.

7. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I totally agree with your assertion regarding who bit the dust in the Temple,Shiphunk2. I think GL could have made Vader just as evil by showing him whacking young Knights, and whatever Masters were left behind. We already know Anakin killed children, by his own admission in AOTC.

So the kids in the temple really didn't make him "MORE" evil, murder is murder.

Just would have been better/ more fun to see him whack Jedi his own age...

8. Shiphunk2

Aug 11, 2005
    Exactly....who knows maybe GL needs to re-think about that. Alot of parents with children didn't agree with that scene being shown.

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    The Temple raid shows that Anakin's willing to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. In AOTC, most people could just chalk it up to revenge against the Tuskens. In fact, a lot of people here didn't think it was bad to kill the Tuskens like that. But here, Anakin's killing not out of vengence, but out of greed.

As to Shaak Ti, her death came before Anakin entered the Council chambers and killed the Younglings in there. She was too busy searching the Force for answers as to the disturbence she felt earlier.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    So Sinister, did they film BOTH Shaak Ti death scenes?

11. Shiphunk2

Aug 11, 2005
    That would be AWESOME on the DVD!

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    As I understand it, yes, they filmed both versions. I could be wrong. But both versions were written by Lucas. It is possible that Lucas had planned to film her death at Grievous' hand, but abandoned it for whatever reason. He then expanded her role when they reshot in 04, so that she'd be in the Council chambers and then in her own quarters. Stover expanded on her role in the novelization.

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    For the longest time, the only spoiler we had centered around the new bad guy, eventually Grievous, and he killed Shaak Ti execution style.

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah I remember that. Wasn't it after they came out of the fuel tank? They find the General in the corridor holding Ti, then he impales her...

15. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    What if Shaak Ti went with Mace to fight Palpatine and the other 3 stayed at the temple?

hmmmmmmm then both Shaak Ti and Mace would still be alive.......Sidious too.........

and Luke would actually have some help in the OT........if you catch my drift :cool:

Shaak Ti: "okay Master Windu......the time has come.......
    Mace: "hold on a sec..........I sense that the Chancellor is baiting a trap for us all"
    Shaak Ti: "What should we do? we need Master Yoda.....his counsel is wise in such matters"
    Mace: "indeed you are correct.....however I also sense that our methods are wrong"
    Shaak Ti: "So what should we do to combat the Sith Menace?"
    Mace: *looks at Shaak Ti up and down* "we need a new generation of Jedi"
    Shaak Ti: "What are you saying?.....exactly.........."
    Mace: "i'm saying that you and I will banish ourselves right now....and start a new order"
    Shaak Ti: "How can two Jedi start an entire new order?......whats wrong with us now?"
    Mace: "we've grown too arrogant....and the Sith will use the very fight itself against us"
    Mace: "we will have children.....and train them for this new fight"
    Shaak Ti: "What?..........i must meditate on this"
    Mace: "no time for that....we must leave now or I sense we will both die in vain"
    Shaak Ti: "What of Anakin....and the padawans?"
    Mace: "Anakin will protect the padawans as well or better than we could have"

*leaves for Nar Shadaar*

16. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The way I heard it, Anakin and Obi-wan find Grievous with Shaak Ti in a room. She's on her knees and he decapitates her, with her Lightsaber. But I don't know at what point this was to have taken place. I think before fighting Dooku, but before the fuel tank sequence.

17. Shiphunk2

Aug 11, 2005
    Yes, but I think that scene was cut tho and later she was in the Jedi Council chamber meditating.

18. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    First off the other 3 sucked, royally

Actually, they didn't. In the novelisation, it says the three Jedi Mace took with him are three of the greatest swordsmen the Jedi order has ever produced. The OS says "Mace gathered a team of his finest Jedi warriors -- Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto -- to arrest the Chancellor". Lucas said you have to be Mace or Yoda to compete with the Emperor, so Mace's posse were not inefficient at all. The Emperor is simply that good. Shaak Ti probably would have fared even worse than they did, since the databank entry says they were the finest Jedi in the temple available.

19. JOHNNY-B

JOHNNY-B Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2003
    The results would have been the same. She would not have made a big differance in the outcome at all. The only one who was able to take Darth Sidious out, was Mace.

20. Jedi-Master-Vader

Jedi-Master-Vader Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    The way I heard it, Anakin and Obi-wan find Grievous with Shaak Ti in a room. She's on her knees and he decapitates her, with her Lightsaber. But I don't know at what point this was to have taken place. I think before fighting Dooku, but before the fuel tank sequence.

I remember these 'spoilers' when they surfaced.

If it had of made it's way into the final edit, then it would totally invalidate her role in Episode 25 of The Clone Wars because Grevious strung her up to die and she was saved by Mace.

21. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Easy enough,
    Shaak Ti would have easily beaten Sidious With or WITHOUT Maces help.

Go SHAAK TI!!!=D= [face_peace]

22. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    ditto.

23. Master_Ti

Master_Ti Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Shaak Ti would have kicked Palpatine's ass all up and down his office.

No, seriously, she would have died.

She was meditating because she felt a disturbance in the force, and wanted to know what was going on. She had given herself over to the flow of the Force and could not sense what was happening within the Temple.

And also, Grievous can not kill Shaak, because she is in two scenes. One you see the back of her head in the Council Chamber, and the other, you see her as a holo-image when Yoda is on Kashyyyk looking at the Council. So Anakin has to be the one to kill her, or it will ruin the film. Actually her death would ruin the film in itself. Just kidding.

*~*Ti*~*

24. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    [image=http://imgserv2.polter.pl/shaak-ti_big.jpg]

And you thought Mace didn't see it coming...

25. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    only a sith could destroy something so beautiful........such a waste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.