main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What if the Clone Wars ended with Anakin NOT falling to the dark side.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by majorlynch, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    But her dying is an even more awful scenario to imagine. So, if I have to consider the lesser of the two awfuls, I'd have to go with her discovering Anakin's betrayal. It actually is the more powerful, in terms of storytelling, of the potential outcomes. Ahsoka brings out the hero in Anakin in TCW - something we don't really see in the films. I don't think Anakin will end up turning to the Dark Side in TCW as that would intrude on his turn in ROTS.

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Anakin never had a Padawan in ROTS, nor did he prior to ROTS. Something has to happen to Ahsoka prior to ROTS, for continuity sake.

3. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    If she does survive she'll be away from the main cast at that point somehow anyway, either with a new master or out of the order, so it proably won't be that big of a deal, she may not even know about Anakins turn.

4. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I think Yoda and Obi-Wan were the few only Jedi that lived to learn that Anakin turned to the dark-side. Others however, think that he died during the attack on the Temple.

In Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor; a retired Republic officer tells Luke that he heard that Anakin was defending the Jedi Temple during the attack, and he died protecting younglings.

5. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    How do you know?

6. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    By watching the film it self, and reading/watching canon prior to the film. I can't see TCW steamrolling past that material, because of Ahsoka.

7. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    There is no indication in ROTJ that an IG88 unit is control of the second Death Star during the battle of Endor, but it's still there and it's still canon(although I really wish it wasn't). It's just one of many events that happens "off-screen".

8. Smeeskywalker

Smeeskywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2010
    With all the discontinuity between Clone Wars and previous Expanded Universe clone wars, I wouldn't be surprised if Clone Wars was an alternate timeline...

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    To me, it is. One for the Clone Wars micro-series and another for TCW. At least until I find out what happens to Ahsoka and when.

10. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Ahsoka doesn't directly contradict anything though. There are more direct contradictions that will require retcons, but this is nothing new to Star Wars. Canon will all eventually be made to fit again at the end of TCW, until the LAS comes out, then the REAL retcons will begin...

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know. The main reason I think that way is character behaviour.

12. majorlynch

majorlynch Jedi Master star 1

Apr 7, 2010
    Well thats one reason why I asked the question.
    Since the clone wars behaves as if it was an alternate universe, why not just go that extra yard and enjoy alternate universe status.

Askoha may as well be named ANCHOR for all the flexibility she has added to the universe.
    She has anchored the clone wars to one war where anakin has a padawan and another where he is barely a knight at ROTS.

So they may as well add some disclaimers, say its a "alternate ending" (which happens in scifi all the time) and entertain and surprise the fans. Which would lead all the more into a new series which shows what "actually" happens.

And say what you want about the clone wars, "surprise" isn't a huge factor.
    They could easily throw a few future references in, like Quantum Leap did.
    Instead with loads of characters existing after the clone wars, only a handful are referenced in the series.

13. LadyLurker

LadyLurker Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2009
    I'm sorta hoping that TCW isn't an AU series. If I want an AU, I'll go read a fanfic. I'm tying TCW in with the films. While I have no love for Ahsoka, I don't mind that she's Anakin's Padawan even though she wasn't mentioned at all in RotS. Does she disturb the timeline? Yeah, she does. But I have a feeling she will be killed by the end of the series to explain her absense in RotS. If not, it might be explained that she's off on her own mission during the events of RotS. Either one of those I won't mind so much, but I'll be disappointed if I find out the series is an AU. I actually like the idea of Anakin living up to his hero status and becoming a leader in his own right.

But that's just my two cents. I'm not going to disown the series if they take the AU path or anything like that, I just don't like the general idea of it now. Who knows? If it does come to that, I might end up enjoying it. *Shrugs* For now, fanfiction is enough to satisfy my love for AU.

~LL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.