main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What If the Empire(Ep 4-6)went back in time to Episode 1?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Sean, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
    To The Top!

2. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
  3. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
  4. master obi-wan skywalker

master obi-wan skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2000
  5. Jedi Pikachu

Jedi Pikachu Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2000
  6. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Anakin and Obi-Wan heard movements from the other side of the bunker. It seemed the light trance Anakin had put Amidala in was already wearing off.

?I should have made her sleep,? Anakin muttered to himself.

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?She wouldn?t have allowed that. I think you better go talk to her, help her to stay calm.?

?I don?t know if speaking with me is going to help in that regard.?

?Maybe not,? Obi-Wan agreed. ?But she?s got questions for you, and we both know she?s not going to rest until she gets the answers.?

Anakin nodded, and headed for the back room. To his surprise, Amidala was still lying in the bed. She was staring blankly at the ceiling.

Anakin sat on the edge of the bed, but she didn?t acknowledge his presence. Anakin tried to get a read on her thoughts and was only able to find a vague sense of defeat. Maybe she had finally had it ? there was only so much one person could take, and she had gone well beyond that point in the past few days.

?I haven?t lost it, Anakin,? she said pointedly. ?It?s just that I finally understand what?s been going on.?

He was taken aback by her response; he made a mental note to stop broadcasting his thoughts so loudly. It had been quite awhile since anyone had tried to read him, and he needed to adjust to that.

?What do you understand??

She continued to study the ceiling. ?I?ve spent the last six weeks hoping. Hoping that you had survived the lava pit, hoping that I?d have a chance to go after you, hoping that you could be brought back?Even though everyone told me all those things were impossible, I still believed there was a chance?something told me that I shouldn?t give up.? She closed her eyes and whispered, ?Now I understand how foolish I?ve been.?

Anakin was thrown by what she said. ?But, Ami?you have brought me back. Seeing you again ??

She interrupted him with a short laugh. ?Yes, yes, I was feeling pretty good about myself a few hours ago.? Her tone was heavy with sarcasm. ?I was getting through to you, I was really making a difference??

?Do you doubt that? After what you witnessed outside??

She finally looked at him then. ?What I learned outside is that I?ve ?saved? you twenty years after the fact, Anakin! I learned that our family remained separated for the twins? entire life. I learned that you continued to serve Palpatine and commit all of these atrocious crimes for decades. As you can imagine, that knowledge has diminished my ?achievement? a bit.?

A long silence followed. Anakin wondered which would be worse for her ? seeing herself as a failure, or learning that she would die within a few short years and never really have the opportunity to go after him.

Amidala seemed annoyed by his silence. ?If I saved you now, why didn?t I save you before? What happened??

Anakin shook his head. ?Amidala, this may seem like a senseless precaution now, but I really should not give you specifics on what is to come. Eventually, the twins and I will have to go back to our time?who knows what will be there if I tell you more than you already know.?

Amidala heaved a sigh in total frustration. ?Fine. Preserve your timeline. I?ll just sit here, happy in the knowledge that the destruction of my family will go unrectified. Like I said before, at least now I realize how foolish it is to hope otherwise.? Tears sprang to her eyes and she batted at them angrily.

Anakin took both of her hands in one of his, and used the other to gently wipe her tears. ?I wish I could change so many things, Amidala.?

?Do you really??

?Of course. But it?s an enormous risk to try to fix things; there are no guarantees that the results will be better, for any of us.?

She nodded and stared at him for a long moment. ?Then I shall accept my fate.?

Anakin was about to press the point with her ? there was no way she was giving up this easily ? but he suddenly heard someone calling out to him through the Force?someone who was obviously in a panic?and needed his help?

?Leia?? he whispered.

Amidala snapped to attention. ?What? Are they in trouble??

Anakin

7. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wow! Such a great post. You can really capture the love between Amidala and Anakin. Keep up the writing, both of you.

8. jedi sarah

jedi sarah Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2000
    Yay! Another post! Great job!

9. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Great post ami-padme! Solid conflict between Anakin and Amidala.

I hope to post within a week. I'm not sure when because I'm going to be busy the next few days.

Darth Pipes

10. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Her mind was made up. She would fix things in this timeline - she had every right to try to save their future.

You go girl! Amidala rules!

11. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    All right, Amidala! Go for it!

(Of course, at this point, she'll sort of be waddling for it, but...)

Can't wait to see what happens next.

12. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
  13. Darth Padme

Darth Padme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 1999
    Great post! I'd love to see a sort of happy ending here, looks like there may be one (maybe?) Can't wait til the next post!

14. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I hope to story post on Sunday.

15. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Hope to update soon.

DP

16. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Well I hope you do too.

17. little susie jedi

little susie jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I'll second that hope.

18. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    (Hoping)

19. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    Would that hope happen to be "A New Hope"?

(groans from the audience)

20. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999

With his head still ringing, Luke flung his eyes open. He was lying on his back after being caught in the explosion. He lifted his head up. He could find no sign of Mara Jade or Leia. This was not a good sign.

Luke tried to get to his feet but felt a sharp pain in his ribs and was unable to. He could feel that he had broken some of them, and likely had some internal bleeding. Focusing his energy and power, Luke managed to struggle to his feet, pain still shooting in his ribs.

He looked around. Debris was littered everywhere. Mara Jade had cut through one of the power generators to the deflector shield. There would be no way for the rebel base to access their deflector shield now, especially with the Empire coming. The thought suddenly crossed Luke's mind. Were the rebels suppose to fight the Empire without a functioning deflector shield? Could this have cause some kind of...

"Luke!" Leia's voice suddenly cried out, breaking his thoughts. Luke looked around and spotted a energy pit. That was were the scream had come from.

Ignoring the pain in his ribs, Luke staggered over to the pit and looked down. There, he saw Leia hanging from a pipe more than twenty feet below him. The pit lead to one of the bases energy generators. If Leia fell in there, she would be vaporized.

"Luke, help!" she yelled out. Luke remembered she had not yet learned the Jedi ability of super leaping. He silently cursed himself for not showing her how to do that. Still, that would do no good now. He would have to find a way to get her out of the pit.

"Hold on Leia!" Luke yelled. "I'll find a way to get you out."

Leia nodded, still trying despertly to hold on. Luke began to look around, trying to find some kind of rope or cable he could lower down so that she could grab it and get out of the pit.

Suddenly, he sensed danger. He turned around and saw Mara Jade flying straight at him feet first. She delivered a kick to Luke's jaw that sent him flying several feet across the room.

Mara Jade landed on her feet as Luke hit the ground. Looking to take advantage of the situation, she moved towards his fallen form of Luke Skywalker, struggling to get to his feet with his broken ribs, and kicked him across the face again, sending him backwards. Pressing her advantage, she picked him up off the ground and threw him across the room. His body slammed hard into the cold metal wall.

She charged Luke and attempted to take his head off with another kick. But Luke was ready. He sidestepped Mara Jade and her foot hit the wall. When she turned around, Luke caught her with a vicious backwand with his mechanical hand. Jade slammed backwards against the wall.

Luke moved in on the Emperor's Hand but she moved out of the way and kicked him in his injured ribs, grinding the heel straight into them. The young Jedi screamed out in pain as Mara quickly rose to her feet with he lip split open from Luke's fist.

Luke tried to get the jump on her and threw a punch at her. Mara barely ducked Luke's punch and landed one of her own, straight at Luke's injured ribs. She landed three more punches to Luke's ribs and then hit the young Jedi in the stomach with a spin kick, douubling him over. She then landed a Force-enhanced punch across Luke's jaw, sending him once again flying across the room.

Luke hit the ground with a thud. He began to cough violently and spit out blood. He was bleeding internally now, and if he didn't do something quick, he...and Leia, would not survive there enemy.

Trying to ignore his injuries, Luke once again struggled to his feet, and charged Jade. He narrowly missed her as she sidestepped him but he spun around and caught her with a kick to the stomach, knocking her backwards. He began to push his attacks, throwing several punches. He connected with one of them, nearly knocking Mara Jade to the ground but now the punches were much slower and predictable. Luke was beginning to tire, and the pain of his injuries were beginning to overwhelm him.

He threw another punc

21. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Where's the post?

22. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Yes! I found it! I must say, Darth Pipes, you are one evil Sith. A clifhanger? Talk about it... I love this story! Please post more!

---Mr. P

23. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Thanks Mr. P!

Things have been busy lately. Hopefully, starting Wednesday or Thursday, I can start posting more regulary.

Darth Pipes

24. Moira O'Brian

Moira O'Brian Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2000
    I know how that is Darth Pipes. My roommate severely limits my reading/posting times (my server also likes to go to the dark side every so often...)

This is a great story Ami-Padme and Darth Pipes! (even though you have the horrible tendancy to leave all of us hanging...)

Post please!

25. Amidala22

Amidala22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    MORE!!!! Please!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.